- This article is about the class of weapon. For the specific weapon sold by NPC weaponsmiths, see Scepter (weapon).
The scepter is a ranged main-hand-only weapon that is used primarily by the Scholar professions. Scepter skills typically have a range of 900 (compared to 1200 for Staff skills), making it a mid-ranged weapon. Scepters can be crafted by an artificer. The maximum damage range for scepters is 940 - 1,060.
Skills by profession
|1||Orb of Wrath||¼||Fire a slow-moving orb at your foe.|
|2||Smite||¼||6||Strike foes in the target area repeatedly.|
|3||Chains of Light||½||20||Immobilize and make your foe vulnerable with ethereal chains.|
|1||Flamestrike||1¼||Strike your foe with flame.|
|2||Dragon's Tooth||1||6||Drop an explosive dragon's tooth on your foe.|
|3||Phoenix||¼||20||Release a fiery phoenix that attacks foes in a line before exploding and returning to you, curing a condition and granting you vigor.|
|1||Ice Shards||¾||Fire three ice shards at your foe.|
|2||Shatterstone||½||2||Cast a shatterstone at the target area that explodes after two seconds.|
|3||Water Trident||½||20||Cast a water trident that damages foes and heals allies.|
|1||Arc Lightning||3½||Cast an arc of electricity at your foe.|
|2||Lightning Strike||5||Strike your foe with lightning.|
|3||Blinding Flash||10||Blind your foe with a flash of light.|
|1||Stone Shards||1½||Fling stone daggers at your foe to bleed them.|
|2||Rock Barrier||1||15||Envelop yourself in a stony barrier that improves toughness.|
|2||Hurl||Hurl the rocks from your rock barrier at your foe.|
|3||Dust Devil||¼||15||Blind your foes with a blast of sand.|
|1||Ether Bolt||Chain||½||Shoot a bolt of energy at your target.|
|1||Ether Blast||½||Shoot a second bolt of energy at your target.|
|1||Ether Clone||Clone||¾||Shoot out a third bolt of energy that damages your target. Summon a clone that casts Ether Bolt.|
|2||Illusionary Counter||Clone||2||10||Block the next attack. Counter by applying Torment and creating a clone that casts Ether Bolt.|
|2||Counterspell||½||Shoot out a bolt that blinds foes in a line.|
|3||Confusing Images||2||12||Channel a beam of energy that damages and confuses your foe.|
|1||Blood Curse||½||Bleed your foe.|
|1||Rending Curse||½||Bleed your foe.|
|1||Putrid Curse||½||Poison your foe.|
|2||Grasping Dead||¾||10||Summon skeletal hands to cripple foes in the target area.|
|3||Feast of Corruption||¾||10||Strike your target, dealing additional damage and gaining life force for each condition on them.|
- Zealous Scepter — While wielding a scepter, gain might when your justice passive effect triggers.
- Right-Hand Strength — Critical hit chance with one-handed weapons is increased. Sword skills recharge faster.
- Malicious Sorcery — Increases attack speed while wielding a scepter. Reduces recharge on scepter skills.
- Lingering Curse — While wielding a scepter, your condition damage is increased. Conditions inflicted by scepter skills have increased durations.
- The scepter is the only one-handed weapon that cannot be used in the off-hand by any profession.