- This article is about the class of weapon. For the specific weapon sold by NPC weaponsmiths, see Scepter (weapon).
The scepter is a ranged main-hand-only weapon that is used primarily by the Scholar professions. Scepter skills typically have a range of 900 (compared to 1200 for Staff skills), making it a mid-ranged weapon. Scepters can be crafted by an artificer. The maximum damage range for scepters is 940 - 1,060.
Skills by profession
|1||Orb of Wrath||¼||Fire a slow-moving orb at your foe.|
|2||Smite||¼||6||Strike foes in the target area repeatedly.|
|3||Chains of Light||½||20||Immobilize and make your foe vulnerable with ethereal chains.|
|1||Flamestrike||1¼||Strike your foe with flame.|
|2||Dragon's Tooth||1||6||Drop an explosive dragon's tooth on your foe.|
|3||Phoenix||¼||20||Release a fiery phoenix that attacks foes in a line before exploding and returning to you, curing a condition and granting you vigor.|
|1||Ice Shards||¾||Fire three ice shards at your foe.|
|2||Shatterstone||½||3||Cast a shatterstone at the target area that explodes after one second.|
|3||Water Trident||½||20||Cast a water trident that damages foes and heals allies.|
|1||Arc Lightning||3½||Cast an arc of electricity at your foe.|
|2||Lightning Strike||5||Strike your foe with lightning.|
|3||Blinding Flash||10||Blind your foe with a flash of light.|
|1||Stone Shards||1½||Fling stone daggers at your foe to bleed them.|
|2||Rock Barrier||1||15||Envelop yourself in a stony barrier that improves toughness.|
|2||Hurl||Hurl the rocks from your rock barrier at your foe.|
|3||Dust Devil||¼||15||Blind your foes with a blast of sand.|
|1||Ether Bolt||Chain||½||Shoot a bolt of energy at your target.|
|1||Ether Blast||½||Shoot a second bolt of energy at your target.|
|1||Ether Clone||Clone||¾||Shoot out a third bolt of energy that damages your target. Summon a clone that casts Ether Bolt. Inflict torment instead if you have the maximum number of illusions.|
|2||Illusionary Counter||Clone||2||10||Block the next attack. Counter by applying Torment and creating a clone that casts Ether Bolt.|
|2||Counterspell||½||Shoot out a bolt that blinds foes in a line.|
|3||Confusing Images||2||12||Channel a beam of energy that damages and confuses your foe.|
|1||Blood Curse||½||Bleed your foe.|
|1||Rending Curse||½||Bleed your foe.|
|1||Putrid Curse||½||Poison and bleed your foe.|
|2||Grasping Dead||¾||10||Summon skeletal hands to cripple foes in the target area.|
|3||Feast of Corruption||¾||10||Strike your target, gain life force, and torment your foe. For each condition on your target up to the condition threshold, get additional life force gain and inflict additional torment stacks.|
- Zealous Scepter — While wielding a scepter, gain might when your justice passive effect triggers.
- Right-Hand Strength — Critical hit chance with one-handed weapons is increased. Sword skills recharge faster.
- Malicious Sorcery — Increases attack speed while wielding a scepter. Reduces recharge on scepter skills.
- Lingering Curse — While wielding a scepter, your condition damage is increased. Conditions inflicted by scepter skills have increased durations.
- The scepter is the only one-handed weapon that cannot be used in the off-hand by any profession.