— In-game description
Blinded character's next attack will have 100% chance to miss. Blindness is removed after the condition's time runs out, or after an outgoing attack that would have been successful if not for the blind. Characters will have a dark purple cloud over a white cross mark covering their heads. The affected characters screen will also dim.
- See also: Condition#Related skills
Skills that apply blind
Weapon skills that apply blind
- Flashing Blade
- Leap of Faith
- Ray of Judgment
- Smoldering Arrow
- Static Shot
- Black Powder
- Infiltrator's Arrow
- Shadow Shot
- Blinding Flash
- Lightning Surge
- Dust Devil
- Magic Bullet
- The Prestige
- Deathly Swarm
Underwater weapon skills that apply blind
Utility skills that apply blind
- Slick Shoes (while underwater)
- Blinding Powder
- Signet of Shadows
- Smoke Screen
- Signet of Air
- Signet of Midnight
- Corrupt Boon (when removing fury)
- Signet of Spite
- Well of Corruption (when removing fury)
- Well of Darkness
Skills with special conditions that apply blind
- Purifying Ribbon (with Tome of Courage)
- Flash Grenade (with Grenade Kit)
- Smoke Bomb (with Bomb Kit)
- Smoke Screen (with Flame Turret)
- Smoke Vent (with Flamethrower)
- Blinding Slash (with raven or white raven pet)
- Dark Water (with jellyfish pet)
- Solar Flare (with Sun Spirit)
- Blinding Tuft (stolen)
- Tactical Strike (Stealth Attack)
- Throw Feathers (stolen)
- Dust Tornado (with Tornado)
- Glyph of Storms (in Earth Attunement)
- Steam Vent (drowning skill)
- Counterspell (with Illusionary Counter)
- Dark Water (with Death Shroud, underwater only)
- Haunt (with Shadow Fiend)
- Plague of Darkness (with Plague)
- Combo Field: Dark × Combo Finisher: Blast
- Combo Field: Dark × Combo Finisher: Leap
- Combo Field: Smoke × Combo Finisher: Physical Projectile
- Combo Field: Smoke × Combo Finisher: Whirl
Utility skills that grant immunity to blind
- See also: Condition#Related traits
Traits that apply blind
- Justice is Blind - When activating Virtue of Justice, nearby foes are blinded.
- Acidic Coating - You have a chance to inflict blindess [sic] on enemies that strike you with melee attacks.
- Autodefense Bomb Dispenser - Drop a smoke bomb whenever you are disabled (stun, daze, knockdown, knockback, pull, launch, float, sink, or fear).
- Go for the Eyes - Critical hits with rifles have a chance to inflict blindness.
- Cloaked in Shadow - Gaining stealth blinds nearby foes.
- Instinctual Response - If you take damage greater than the health threshold in a single strike, you release feathers to blind nearby enemies and gain stealth.
- Blinding Ashes - Blind foes that you burn.
- Elemental Surge - Based on your current attunement, arcane skills cause a condition to foes that they hit.
- Evasive Arcana - Create an attunement-based spell at the end of your dodge. Fire: Flame Burst. Water: Cleansing Wave. Air: Blinding Flash. Earth: Churning Earth.
- Chaotic Interruption - Immobilize your target when you interrupt them and randomly apply blind, cripple, or chill.
- Dazzling Glamours - Glamour skills blind foes at target location.
Traits that remove blind
- Brawler's Recovery - Remove conditions when you swap weapons.
- Evasive Purity - Dodging removes blindness and poison from you.
Traits that affect blind
- Blind Exposure - Applying blind also applies vulnerability.
- Blinding Befuddlement - Cause confusion when you blind a foe.
- Chilling Darkness - Blinding a target will also apply chill.
Effects that apply blind
- Chaos Armor (randomly)
- See also: Condition#Related equipment
Upgrade components that apply blind
- Superior Rune of the Flock (rank 4)
- When blind is applied to a character they will occasionally shout out one of the following lines, depending on their race and gender.
|Asura||I've lost visual acuity!||Vision impaired!|
|Charr||I can't see anything!||I'm blind!|
|Human||Can't see anything!||I can't see!|
|Norn||Ugh... blind!||I can't see!|
|Sylvari||I can't see!||I'm blinded!|