- This article is about the game mechanic. For the skill available when using a Hylek Fire Turret, see Launch (turret).
Launch is a control effect that causes the affected target to be thrown backwards into air and remain stuck on the ground. It is mechanically similar to a combination of knockback and knockdown with these differences: affected targets are moved farther away from their original position and disabled for a longer period, it can affect downed players, and it can affect foes with resistance to knockback, such as Risen Abominations. Like any control effect, it can be countered by stability.
Weapon skills that cause launch
Utility skills that cause launch
Elite skills that cause launch
Skills with special conditions that cause launch
- Stomp (with Rampage)
- Big Ol' Bomb (tool belt skill for Bomb Kit)
- Branch Bash (stolen)
- Shoot Rifle (stolen)
- Howl (with Become the Wolf)
Downed skills that cause launch
Environmental weapon skills that cause launch
- Prior to the April 30, 2013 update, some skills used the term blowout instead of launch.
- Activating a Box of Fun twice in quick succession will launch the player.