Blocking is a technique used to parry incoming attacks. A blocked attack deals no damage, and other effects on the target are also ignored. Some traits grant benefits when blocking or when being blocked. Some skills are unblockable, which is listed in the skill description. Unblockable attacks will prevent blocks and traits or effects that trigger on blocking from activation. Traps are an example of unblockable skills.
Blocking targets destroy all projectiles they come in contact with - this means projectiles with Pierce, or projectiles that don't directly do attacks (e.g. Infiltrator's Arrow) can be effectively bodyblocked by a target who's blocking.
- 1 Related skills
- 2 Related traits
- 3 Related equipment
- 4 See also
Weapon skills that block
- Protector's Strike
- Shield of Absorption (only projectiles)
- Shield of Wrath
- Zealot's Defense (only projectiles)
- Shield Stance
- Static Shield
- Whirling Defense (only projectiles)
- Illusionary Counter
- Illusionary Riposte
Underwater weapon skills that block
Healing skills that block
Utility skills that block
Skills with special conditions that block
- Virtue of Courage
- Smoke Screen (randomly from Toss Elixir U; only projectiles)
- Gear Shield (from Tool Kit)
- Vine Shield (tool belt skill with Grasping Vines)
Traits that improve blocking
- Defender's Flame — Gain a chance to burn attackers when blocking.
- Might of the Protector — Gain might when you block attacks.
- Communal Defenses — Grant aegis to allies when you block an attack.
- Mighty Defenses — You gain might when you block an attack.
- Missile Deflection — Reflect missiles whenever you are blocking.
- Short Temper — Gain might and adrenaline each time you are blocked.
- Retaliatory Shield — Gain retaliation when you block an attack.
Upgrade components that improve blocking
- Rune of the Guardian (rank 6) — cause burning when blocking
- Superior Rune of the Defender (rank 2) - gain 1 second of regeneration.
- Superior Rune of the Defender (rank 6) - gain health.