There are three stages of adrenaline, and each attack made by the warrior in combat grants one "strike" of adrenaline, equal to approximately 3.3% of the completely full adrenaline capacity. It takes 10 strikes of adrenaline to fill each of the 3 stages.
Using a burst attack expends all adrenaline, and the effect and power of a burst skill depends on how many complete stages of adrenaline were built. Adrenaline depletes over time after a while when the warrior is not engaged in combat, but only after being out of combat for 30 seconds or so. Burst skills can still be activated out of combat provided that the warrior has enough adrenaline to do so. Adrenaline will not be expended if the burst skill does not connect with any enemy target.
- Berserker Stance – gain 5 strikes of adrenaline every second for 8 seconds
- Counterblow – gain 4 strikes of adrenaline if not attacked, can be ended early to receive portion of it based on time while blocking
- Healing Surge – grants full adrenaline
- Parry – gain 4 strikes of adrenaline if not attacked
- Riposte – gain 4 strikes of adrenaline if not attacked, can be ended early to receive portion of it based on time while blocking
- Signet of Fury – grants full adrenaline
- Signet of Rage – grants 1 strike of adrenaline every 3 seconds while in combat
- Berserker's Power : Increases damage based [sic] how much adrenaline you have built. Stage 1: 3%. Stage 2: 7%. Stage 3: 12%.
- Furious : Critical hits grant an extra adrenaline strike.
- Adrenal Health : Regenerate health based on adrenaline level.
- Embrace the Pain : Gain adrenaline when hit.
- Heightened Focus : Gain 2% critical strike chance for 1 stage of adrenaline, 5% for 2 stages, and 9% for 3 stages.
- Inspiring Shouts : Gain adrenaline when using a shout.
- Quick Bursts : Reduced burst adrenaline cost and recharge time.
- Sharpened Axes : Gain adrenaline when inflicting a critical hit with an axe skill.
- Thrill of the Kill : Gain adrenaline whenever killing an enemy.
- Versatile Rage : Gain adrenaline when swapping weapons.
- As a character's Adrenaline rises they will occasionally shout out one of the following lines, depending on their race and gender.
|Asura|| Adrenaline rising!
Adrenaline approaching maximum!
I’m all wound up!
They’ll regret riling me up!
| Adrenaline rising! |
Adrenaline is full.
Adrenaline at maximum volume!
Give me something to pummel.
|Norn|| I can feel Bear's Power!
I can take on the World!
So much power!
My strength increases!
| Yes! Gaining adrenaline! |
I'm as strong as Bear!
Give me something to hit!
Time to strike!
|Sylvari|| Adrenaline flows though me!
Almost full of adrenaline.
I'm gaining adrenaline.
I'm flushed with adrenaline!
Just about full of adrenaline!
Adrenaline at full!
- The pre-alpha version of adrenaline seen in the first GW2 demo granted a passive damage bonus. This has since then been made available as the trait Berserker's Power.
- Originally, according to The Making of Guild Wars 2 book, all warrior skills would cost adrenaline to activate.