There are three stages of adrenaline, and each attack made by the warrior in combat grants one "strike" of adrenaline. It takes 10 strikes of adrenaline to fill each of the 3 stages. A total of 30 strikes will yield maximum adrenaline. Adrenaline begins to decay the moment combat ends.
Using a burst attack expends all adrenaline, and the effect and power of a burst skill depends on how many complete stages of adrenaline were built. Using burst skills now causes adrenaline to be spent even if the skill fails to hit. Burst skills can still be activated out of combat provided that the warrior has enough adrenaline to do so.
- 1 Related skills
- 2 Related traits
- 3 Notes
- 4 Trivia
Weapon skills that grant adrenaline
- Fierce Shot (when hitting a target with Vulnerability)
- Adrenaline Rush (with Counterblow)
- Adrenaline Rush (with Riposte)
Underwater weapon skills that grant adrenaline
Healing skills that grant adrenaline
Utility skills that grant adrenaline
Elite skills that grant adrenaline
Traits that grant adrenaline
- Axe Mastery — Critical axe hits gain extra adrenaline. Gain ferocity while wielding an axe in either hand. Reduce recharge on axe skills.
- Furious — Critical hits grant bonus adrenaline and gain a stacking condition damage effect.
- Cleansing Ire — Gain adrenaline when hit. Remove a condition for every bar of adrenaline spent when you hit with a burst skill.
- Vigorous Shouts — Shouts heal allies and grant adrenaline. Shouts recharge faster.
- Versatile Rage — Gain adrenaline on weapon swap.
- Crack Shot — Base rifle and harpoon gun shots gain bonus adrenaline. Reduces recharge on rifle and harpoon gun skills.
- Burst Mastery — Burst skills deal more damage and restore a portion of adrenaline spent.
Traits that profit from adrenaline
- Berserker's Power — Gain increased damage when you use a burst skill; this damage increase is based on your adrenaline.
- Adrenal Health — Gain health based on adrenaline spent.
- As a character's Adrenaline level changes from one to another, either rising or falling, they will occasionally shout out one of the following lines, depending on their race and gender.
|Asura|| Adrenaline rising!
Adrenaline approaching maximum!
I’m all wound up!
They’ll regret riling me up!
| Adrenaline rising! |
Adrenaline is full.
Adrenaline at maximum volume!
Give me something to pummel.
Ready for anything!
Feel the adrenaline!
| Gaining adrenaline! |
Adrenaline almost full.
Ready to hit!
Prepared to strike!
|Human|| Adrenaline rising!
Ready to unleash!
|Norn|| I can feel Bear's Power!
I can take on the World!
So much power!
My strength increases!
Yes! I'm ready to defeat anything!
| Yes! Gaining adrenaline! |
I'm as strong as Bear!
Give me something to hit!
Time to strike!
Movin' out! (in male Asura voice)
|Sylvari|| Adrenaline flows though me!
Almost full of adrenaline.
I'm gaining adrenaline.
I'm flushed with adrenaline!
Just about full of adrenaline!
Adrenaline at full!
Feel the adrenaline.
| So close. |
My adrenaline is rising.
Adrenaline at maximum.
- The pre-alpha version of adrenaline seen in the first GW2 demo granted a passive damage bonus. This has since then been made available as the trait Berserker's Power.
- Originally, according to The Making of Guild Wars 2 book, all warrior skills would cost adrenaline to activate.