From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
Incoming damage decreased; stacks duration.
— In-game description
- See also: Boon#Related skills
Weapon skills that grant protection
Healing skills that grant protection
Utility skills that grant protection
- "Hold the Line!"
- "Save Yourselves!"
- Contemplation of Purity (when removing vulnerability)
- Elixir C (when removing vulnerability)
- Stone Spirit
- Armor of Earth
- Signet of Inspiration (randomly)
- Spectral Armor
- Spectral Wall
- Well of Power (when removing vulnerability)
- Prayer to Lyssa (randomly)
Skills with special conditions that grant protection
- Toss Elixir C (tool belt skill for Elixir C, when removing vulnerability)
- Toss Elixir H (tool belt skill for Elixir H, randomly between Protection, Regeneration, Vigor)
- Protecting Screech (Blue Moa unique pet skill)
- Protection (Juvenile Armor Fish unique pet skill)
- Glyph of Elemental Harmony (when attuned to earth)
- Magnetic Shield of Conjure Earth Shield (applied for each foe pulled)
- Roar of the Forest (with Avatar of Melandru)
- See also: Boon#Related traits
Traits that grant protection
- Focus Mastery — Gain protection when using a focus ability. Focus abilities have reduced recharge.
- Protective Reviver — Activate a shield of absorption when you begin reviving an ally. Upon successful revival, you and ally aegis, protection and regeneration.
- Inspired Virtue — Virtues now also apply the following boons to allies when activated:
- Over Shield — Shield skills gain recharge reduction and grant protection to nearby allies.
- Protection Injection — Gain protection whenever you are disabled. (stun, daze, knockdown, knockback, launch, float, sink, or fear).
- Companion´s Defense — You and your pet gain protection when you dodge roll.
- Protective Ward — When you receive damage, nearby foes are weakened and you gain protection.
- Nature's Vengeance — Your spirits have increased health and grant a boon to allies around them. Spirit-activated skills affect a larger area. (With Stone Spirit)
- Elemental Shielding — Gain protection when applying an aura to yourself or an ally.
- Elemental Attunement — When attuning to an element, you and nearby allies gain a boon.
- Elemental Contingency — Gain a boon when you are struck, based on your current attunement.
- Illusionary Membrane — Gain protection when you gain regeneration.
- Chaotic Dampening — Chaos armor grants protection. Staff and trident skills recharge faster while you have chaos armor.
- Prismatic Understanding — Increased stealth duration from mesmer skills. Gain random boons while you are in stealth.
- Protected Phantasms — Phantasms gain distortion briefly upon creation. Illusions gain protection when you activate a shatter skill.
- Beyond the Veil — Whenever you leave shroud, you and your minions gain protection.
- Vampiric Rituals — Wells siphon health every time they pulse and grant protection to allies when cast. Reduces recharge of wells.
Effects that grant protection
- Chaos Armor (randomly)
- See also: Boon#Related equipment
Upgrade components that grant protection
- Superior Rune of the Earth (rank 4)
- Superior Rune of the Forgeman (rank 6)
- Superior Rune of the Grove (rank 4)
Upgrade components that affect protection
- Rune of the Earth (rank 2 – increases duration)
- Major/Superior Rune of the Forgeman (rank 4 – increases duration)
- Rune of the Grove (rank 2 – increases duration)
- When protection is applied to a character they will occasionally shout out one of the following lines, depending on their race and gender.
|Asura||I'm nigh invincible.||Armor enhanced.|
|Charr||Armored up!||Armored up.|
|Human||Armored up!||They'll have to hit much harder!|
|Norn||Strength is mine!||Defense then offense!|
|Sylvari||Safe from harm.||Protected!|