Power is an offensive attribute that increases any direct damage linearly. At level 80, all professions have a base amount of 1000 power. Adding an additional 1000 power would double a character's damage. In almost all cases, raising power is the most efficient way to increase direct damage. A character's power can be increased by applying the Might boon (which increases both power and Condition Damage).
- 1 Related skills
- 2 Related traits
- 3 Related equipment
- 4 Related consumables
- 5 History
Utility skills that increase power
- Bane Signet
- Banner of Strength
- Signet of Might
- Assassin's Signet
- Conjure Flame Axe (while wielding Conjured Flame)
- Signet of Spite
Elite skills that increase power
Traits that increase power
- Empower Allies — Increase power for nearby allies.
- Armored Attack — Gain power based on your toughness.
- Always Angry — Gain increased damage and condition damage when you enter or exit berserk mode.
- Mass Momentum — Gain power based upon your toughness. Gain might while you have stability.
- Instinctive Reaction — Gain quickness when your health drops below the threshold. Gain power based on your healing.
- Grace of the Land — Allies you heal with celestial avatar abilities gain increased damage.
- Revealed Training — Gain extra power while you are revealed.
- Empowering Flame — Gain power while in fire attunement.
- Deadly Strength — Gain power based on your toughness. Power gain doubles while in shroud.
Traits that benefit from power
- Great Fortitude — A percentage of power is given as a bonus to vitality.
- Kindled Zeal — Gain condition damage based on your power.
- Power Overwhelming — Gain condition damage based on your power.
Equipment prefixes that increase power
This table lists triple-attribute prefixes that have Power as their major attribute. For other prefixes that affect Power, see the full listing at item nomenclature.
|Prefix||Major attribute(s)||Minor attribute(s)|
|Berserker||Power|| Precision |
|Zealot||Power|| Precision |
|Soldier||Power|| Toughness |
|Forsaken||Power|| Toughness |
|Valkyrie||Power|| Vitality |
- For trinkets and jewels, Berserker's is equivalent to Ruby, Zealot is equivalent to Watchwork, and Valkyrie is equivalent to Beryl.
Upgrade components that increase power
Consumables that increase power
|Req. Level||Name||Power||Duration (Minutes)||Other Effect(s)|
|5||Eda's Apple Pie||20||60||+10 experience from kills|
|10||Spicy Flank Steak||10||30||+10 experience from kills|
|Grilled Steak||20||15||+10 experience from kills|
|15||Roasted Meaty Sandwich||20||30||+10 experience from kills|
|Rice Ball||20||10||+10 experience from kills|
|5||Slice of Eda's Apple Pie||20 while health > 90%||10||+10 experience from kills|
|10||Spicy Meat Kabob||40 for 30 seconds after killing an enemy||30||+10 experience from kills|
|50||Bowl of Avocado Stirfry||50||30||60% chance to gain might on a kill, +10 experience from kills|
|17||Griffon Egg||60 for 30 seconds after killing an enemy||10||+10 experience from kills|
|47||Griffon Egg Omelet||60||60||+50 Precision, +10 experience from kills|
|65||Plate of Steak and Asparagus||80||30||+60 Precision, +10 experience from kills|
|75||Plate of Roast Meat with Braised Leeks||80||30||+60 Vitality, +10 experience from kills|
|80||Prickly Pear Stuffed Nopale||70||30||+40% Condition duration, +10 experience from kills|
|80||Plate of Orrian Steak Frittes||100||30||+70 Vitality, +10 experience from kills|
|80||Plate of Truffle Steak||100||30||+70 Precision, +10 experience from kills|
|80||Icy Fish Snack||160 when health < 50%||10||Gain Vitality equal to 5% of your Toughness, +10 experience from kills|
|80||Bowl of Sweet and Spicy Butternut Squash Soup||100||60||+70 Ferocity, +10 experience from kills|
- Rough Sharpening Stone
- Simple Sharpening Stone
- Standard Sharpening Stone
- Quality Sharpening Stone
- Hardened Sharpening Stone
- Superior Sharpening Stone
Prior to the beta, Power was broken up into three separate attributes, Agility, Intelligence, and Strength. Agility increased damage with ranged weapons, Intelligence increased damage with magic spells and Strength increased damage with melee attacks. Strength was later used as a Warrior trait line. Agility became a Thief trait line, which was later renamed to Critical Strikes. Intelligence was used as the Elementalist profession-specific attribute to reduce Attunement swap cooldown, and was later renamed Attunement Recharge Rate.