- This article is about the mechanic shadow step. For the skill of the same name, see Shadowstep.
Shadowstepping is a mechanic that allows the user to move instantly from one place to another. Shadowstep skills and traits are mostly unique to the thief, although some skills such as Blink function similarly. Shadowstepping allows the player to move vertically as long the position can be reached normally by moving on the ground without jumping. Shadowstep skills will not activate if a valid path to the target point cannot be found, except when it acts as a stun breaker. Shadowstepping will also ignore immobilize effects and relocate the player, but will not cancel the condition.
Skills that shadowstep
- Infiltrator's Arrow
- Infiltrator's Signet
- Infiltrator's Strike → Infiltrator's Return
- Ink Shot → Smoke Trail
- Shadow Shot
- Shadow Strike
- Shadow Trap → Shadow Pursuit
- Shadowstep → Shadow Return
- Death's Retreat
- Ripple of Horror → March of Undeath
- Merciful Intervention
- In the original Guild Wars, there was a mechanic with a similar effect.