From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
You take damage over time.
— In-game description
- Unlike Poison, it does not affect healing.
- As this effect is considered a condition by game mechanics, it can be removed.
- But since is is not a standard condition, it cannot be converted into a boon.
- The effect can be encountered during Retribution while fighting the Blightghast the Plaguebringer, and during Liberating Apatia if you fall into tainted water.
- Like Lava, the damage caused by this effect is seen in the combat log as self inflicted, reading "You hit yourself for X using Poisoned".