- This article is about the elementalist mechanic. For the process that grants an additional infusion slot, see Attuned equipment.
An attunement is a special type of skill exclusive to the elementalist profession. These skills occupy the - slots of the mechanic bar by default. There are four attunement skills in total, representing the elements of fire, water, air and earth. Functionality for these skills unlocks as players level.
Activating an attunement changes the first five skills on the skill bar. Each weapon type has a unique set of skills for each attunement. Elementalists' hands also become enveloped by an aura which identifies that character's attunement.
Attunements activate instantly and can be activated mid-cast. When one is activated, the previous attunement recharges for 10 seconds, while other attunements which are ready to use will recharge for 1.5 seconds. Both of these recharges can be reduced by the Elemental Enchantment trait.
Elementalists do not have a normal state of activity, they are always attuned to an element in any given situation, except when transformed.
List of attunements
|Fire Attunement||Attune to fire, gaining heavy damage and burning abilities.||1|
|Water Attunement||Attune to water, gaining superior support and healing abilities.||4|
|Air Attunement||Attune to air, gaining heavy damage and control abilities.||11|
|Earth Attunement||Attune to earth, gaining superior damage-over-time and defensive abilities.||15 |
Traits that improve attunements
- For traits that improve specific attunements see the respective article.
- Arcane Fury — Gain fury when you switch attunements.
- Elemental Attunement — When attuning to an element, you and nearby allies gain a boon.
- Elemental Enchantment — Boon duration is increased, and attunements recharge faster.
Traits that change based on attunement
- Inscription — Grants a boon associated with your current attunement when you cast a glyph. Reduces glyph recharge.
- Arcane Abatement — Take less damage from falling. Create a spell based on your attunement when you take falling damage.
- Arcane Resurrection — You have increased revive speed. When you revive an ally, you and the revived ally gain an aura based on your attunement.
- Elemental Contingency — Gain a boon when you are struck, based on your current attunement.
- Evasive Arcana — Create an attunement-based spell after dodging.
- Elemental Surge — Based on your attunement, arcane skills inflict a condition on foes. Gain more ferocity when you use an arcane skill. Arcane skills recharge faster.
- Attunement counts as a weapon swap for activating sigils.
- Using an attunement will frequently cause the elementalist to shout out one of the following lines, depending on their race, gender and the attunement used.
- There is a bug where the elementalist will not shout the following lines.
|Asura|| Observe the power of fire!
Spark to flame!
I have ignition!
Turn up the heat!
| Wave and torrent!
The water's rage!
Cleansing will now begin!
Turn the tide!
| Let the storms rage!
I summon the winds!
Severe weather warning!
Now they'll feel my turbulence!
| Rocks and stones will break your bones!|
I command stone and soil!
The earth is my weapon!
Geological forces, at my command!
|Charr|| Bring the flames!
Feel the flame!
| Behold the ocean's power!
My power will drown you!
Feel the cold!
| Lightning and thunder!
The wind obeys me!
The wind is here!
| I can move mountains!|
I summon... the power of our lands!
Strong as stone!
|Human|| Feel the fires of Balthazar!
Here come the flames!
| Feel Grenth's icy embrace!
Behold, the ocean's power!
My power is like a tidal wave!
| I call upon the storm's power!
Reap the whirlwind!
Dwayna, heed me!
| I summon the power of Melandru!|
I can move mountains!
|Norn|| Fire, do my bidding!
Flames are my friend.
| Feel the cold!
| The air is mine!
By the winds!
| Stronger than stone!|
Solid like rock!
|Sylvari|| Fire consumes at my whim!
I channel the flames!
Element of fire, obey me!
I am the flames!
| Currents flow by my will!
I am river and ocean!
Element of water, attend me!
I am rain and ice!
| The storm shall bend at my word!
I channel the wind!
Element of wind, heed me!
I am the wind!
| Earth and stone conform to my will!|
I channel rock and soil!
Element of earth, hear me!
I am rock and soil!