Warriors are masters of weaponry who rely on speed, strength, toughness, and heavy armor to survive in battle. Adrenaline fuels their offensive power—the longer warriors stay in a fight, the more dangerous they become.
Warriors are masters of martial skills. They're versatile in combat and benefit from offensive and defensive abilities. Warriors inspire allies and demoralize enemies. As a soldier profession, warriors wear heavy armor.
Adrenaline is the warrior profession's unique mechanic. As the warrior attacks, adrenaline is built up and can be spent on a single powerful burst attack. Each weapon set has a single burst skill which has a variety of different conditions that improve with more adrenaline. Adrenaline has three levels, and each adrenaline level increases the effect of the burst skill, and can also provide the warrior with other improvements like increased damage or health regeneration.
The warrior also has the highest selection of weapons compared to other professions, giving a good variation between the types of play-styles that they can choose from.
Unique skill types
- Banners — banner skills produce an environmental weapon that passively, or via unique skills, benefits nearby allies. The banner can be picked up and carried around, or it can be planted in an area, allowing the carrier to continue fighting normally.
- Stance — a warrior skill type that grants temporary bonuses to the user like increased adrenaline gain or defensive abilities.
The warrior has five core specializations, and one elite specialization:
- Berserker — Gains access to a new skill type, rage, and are able to equip torches. After building enough adrenaline, Berserkers are able to enter berserk mode, granting a new set of burst skills.
The warrior is a soldier profession and wears heavy armor.
- Greatsword — Sweeping, brutal attacks which carry the greatsword's momentum from foe to foe.
- Hammer — Pounds the ground with area of effect attacks that can stagger a group of enemies.
- Longbow — Massive fire damage used to keep hordes of enemies at bay from afar.
- Rifle — Inflict various conditions and unleash powerful attacks against a single target.
- Axe — Can be used to strike with both weapons simultaneously or storm with a whirling attack.
- Mace — Used to crush the armor of a foe or stun foes in front by slamming the mace on the ground.
- Shield — Used to bash foes or block incoming attacks.
- Sword — Can be thrown at enemies or to block and retaliate.
- Torch — Reckless weapon of destruction, can even light warriors themselves ablaze to become mobile fire fields. (Berserker specialization only)
- Warhorn — Grants boons to allies, facilitating mobility.
There are 19 possible weapon sets for the warrior profession and two weapon sets while underwater. The warrior can equip and alternate between two weapon sets, but doing so in combat induces a recharge to prevent continuous switching between weapons. This recharge can be decreased by equipping the Fast Hands trait once gained.
The following crafting disciplines can create items that are useful to the warrior:
- Weaponsmith — axes, greatswords, hammers, maces, shields, spears, swords.
- Huntsman — Harpoon guns, longbows, rifles, torches, warhorns.
- Armorsmith — Heavy armor.
- Jeweler — Jewelry.
- Chef — Food.
|I wear _____ on the battlefield. Because of this I am recognized and given proper respect.|
|Spangenhelm ("a spangenhelm") — My spangenhelm intimidates my enemies and inspires respect among my allies. I am nearly invincible when I wear it.|
|Galea ("a galea") — My helm is open-faced so that my enemies can see my face and look me in the eyes. They will remember who defeated them.|
|No Helm ("no helm at all") — A true warrior doesn't need a helm! My enemies will cringe and falter when they see the fearless determination on my face.|
- The warrior was previewed under this image until its unveiling on the 9th June 2010.
- Warrior on the official website.