From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
Moas are a type of flightless bird found throughout Tyria.
- See also: Category:Moas
|Juvenile Black Moa||1524||1524||1524||3585||400||Dazing Screech|
|Juvenile Blue Moa||1524||1524||1524||3585||400||Protecting Screech|
|Juvenile Pink Moa||1524||1524||1524||3585||400||Dazing Screech|
|Juvenile Red Moa||1524||1524||1524||3585||400||Furious Screech|
|Juvenile White Moa||1524||1524||1524||3585||400||Icy Screech|
- Rangers can charm the juvenile versions of some moas as terrestrial pets.
- An asura or a sylvari ranger may choose a pet moa at the biography step during character creation.
- These flightless birds are capable of supporting the player and their party with squawks that do different things.
- A list of moa skills can be found here.
- A mesmer can use the skill Signet of Humility to turn enemies into these birds.
- Moas can also sometimes be seen swimming underwater.
- The moa's in-game grunt is a combination of the recorded noises from a walrus, a leopard, and a raven.
- The moa was a flightless bird native to present-day New Zealand, until it was hunted to extinction by the Māori people just over 600 years ago. There were 9 species, some larger than ostriches. Moas had hair-like feathers, no wings at all, long necks with small heads and beaks, and long thick legs. They ate plants.
- The moas in Guild Wars 2 bear little resemblance to the extinct moas of New Zealand. Rather, they have much in common physically with an extinct family of flightless birds from South America, the Phorusrhacidae, or "terror birds". Unlike the moas in-game, terror birds were predatory and had smaller wings. The last members of the Phorusrhacidae family went extinct about 2 million years ago.