A boon is a type of effect that provides a buff to the recipient. Boons can be stacked by re-applying them: might stacks its intensity and the rest stack their duration; the duration can also be extended via the Boon Duration attribute. In the UI, boons are displayed via orange-colored icons that appear to the right of your health orb, on the top row of active effects; the white outline surrounding the icon indicates the time left before the boon expires. Placing your mouse on the boon's icon will also show the remaining time. Conditions are the primary counterpart to boons.
- 1 List of boons
- 2 Related skills
- 3 Related traits
- 4 Related equipment
- 5 Trivia
- 6 See also
- 7 References
List of boons
|Aegis||Block the next incoming attack; stacks duration.|
|Fury||Critical Chance increased by 20%; stacks duration.|
|Might||Increased outgoing damage; stacks intensity.|
|Protection||Incoming damage decreased; stacks duration.|
|Quickness||Skills and actions are 50% faster.|
|Regeneration||Gain health every second; stacks duration.|
|Resistance||Conditions currently on you are ineffective; stacks duration.|
|Retaliation||Reflect incoming damage back to its source; stacks duration.|
|Stability||Cannot be knocked down, pushed back, pulled, launched, stunned, dazed, floated, sunk, feared or taunted.|
|Swiftness||Movement speed increased by 33%; stacks duration.|
|Vigor||Endurance regeneration increased by 50%; stacks duration.|
To see the skills which relate to a specific boon, refer to the page on that boon. The following is a list of skills that relate to boons in general.
Skills that remove boons
- Mind Spike (chained from Mind Slash); 1 from up to 3 foes
- Mind Stab; 1 from up to 5 foes
- Spinal Shivers; 3 from target foe
- Unholy Feast; 1 from up to 5 foes
- Null Field; all from foes in the area
- Phantasmal Disenchanter; multiple from foes
- Throw Mine; one from foes that are hit
- Profession Mechanics
- Mine Field; remove one boon for each mine
Skills that transfer boons
- Larcenous Strike; 1 from target foe to self
- Arcane Thievery; 3 from foe to self
- Mimic; copies 12 from foe to self
- Signet of Inspiration; copies all from you to nearby allies (active)
Skills that transform conditions into boons
- Contemplation of Purity; all on self
- Elixir C; all on self
- Well of Power; one per pulse on each ally in the area
Skills that transform boons into conditions
To see the traits which relate to a specific boon, refer to the page on that boon. The following is a list of traits related to non-specific boons.
Traits that remove boons
- Bountiful Theft — Stealing grants you and all nearby allies vigor. You rip boons from your target and grant them to nearby allies.
- Shattered Concentration — Shatter skills also remove a boon on hit.
- Path of Corruption — Shroud skill 2 now additionally converts boons into conditions.
- Signets of Suffering — Reduces recharge on signets. Signets grant might when cast and convert boons on affected foes to conditions.
Traits that benefit from boons
- Altruistic Healing — Applying a boon to allies heals you.
- Power of the Virtuous — Deal extra damage for each boon you have. Virtues recharge faster.
- Destruction of the Empowered — Deal bonus damage per boon on your target.
- Empowered — Increases damage for every boon on you.
- Iron Blooded — Incoming damage is reduced for each boon you have.
- Bountiful Hunter — You and your pet deal more damage per boon that is on you.
- Fortifying Bond — Any boon you get is shared with your pet.
- Bountiful Power — Deal more damage for each boon on you.
- Chaotic Persistence — Outgoing boon and condition duration increase for every boon on you.
- Illusionary Inspiration — Phantasms grant regeneration to nearby allies. Whenever you summon a phantasm, cast Signet of Inspiration.
- Spiteful Talisman — Deal increased damage to foes with no boons. Focus skills recharge faster.
To find equipment which affect a specific boon, refer to the page on the boon itself. The following is a list of equipment related to non-specific boons.
Upgrade components that grant boons
- Superior Sigil of Luck; chance on killing an enemy.
Upgrade components that remove boons
- Superior Sigil of Nullification; chance on critical hit.
- Boons replace the enchantments from the original Guild Wars and are designed to simplify the buff system.