Glob of Ectoplasm
Glob of Ectoplasm
- Black Lion Material Bag (discontinued)
- Black Lion Material Bag: Istan
- Black Lion Material Bag: Orr
- Black Lion Material Bag: Thunderhead
- Chest of the Crafter (historical)
- Clump of Destabilized Ectoplasm
- Dab of Destabilized Ectoplasm
- Fluctuating Mass
- Fractal Adept's Chest
- Fractal Expert's Chest
- Fractal Master's Chest
- Ghostly Bag of Loot
Generally, salvaging rare or exotic equipment (armor, trinkets, and weapons) with a required level of 68 or higher yields between 0 and 3 Globs of Ectoplasm. While there have been reports of a Glob of Ectoplasm being produced from items with a level below 68 or a lesser quality than rare, these exceptions are few and far between. See the talk page for further discussion.
Extensive testing suggests that the drop rate is affected by three factors:
- Level requirement: equipment rated at level 68 or higher have much higher yields than lower-level items.
- Item rarity: rare and exotic items are much more likely to produce ecto than items of lower quality.
- Elonian weapons: The drop rate for Elonian weapons was lowered to approximate 0.492 for Mystic, Master's, & Silver-Fed Kits, in the 22 May 2018 update. 
- Kit quality: A controlled test reports that Master's and Mystic Salvage Kits yield about 0.875 ecto/rare, and Black Lion Salvage Kits are anecdotally reported to give about 1.25 ecto/rare:
| Ectos produced per Rare item|
with a Master's/Mystic Salvage Kit
- Week 1 - Frostgorge Sound - 4 total
- Week 2 - Mount Maelstrom - 4 total
- Week 3 - none
- Week 4 - Malchor's Leap - 4 total
- Week 5 - Straits of Devastation - 4 total
- Week 6 - Fireheart Rise - 4 total
- Week 7 - Cursed Shore - 4 total
- Week 8 - Frostgorge Sound - 4 total
It is currently Week 4.
|Alpha Crafter||Basic Collections||3|
| Unlock all 36 fine and masterwork crafted armor skins in your wardrobe.
||Unlocked 1 Fine and Masterwork Crafted Armor Skins||1|
|Unlocked 18 Fine and Masterwork Crafted Armor Skins||1|
|Unlocked 36 Fine and Masterwork Crafted Armor Skins||1|
- Armor recipes: Armorsmith, Leatherworker, Tailor
- Weapon recipes: Weaponsmith, Huntsman, Artificer
- Other recipes: Chef and Jeweler, Mystic Forge (Equipment • Misc.)
Globs of Ectoplasm can be salvaged into Piles of Crystalline Dust and Essences of Luck as follows:
- Pile of Crystalline Dust (1–5)
And one of the following:
Salvage research can be found here.
|Zephyrite Supply Box||Trader||Bazaar Docks||Labyrinthine Cliffs|
Path of Fire vendors
Living World Season 4 vendors
- All items sold by Ely Scorchfire, in addition to other currencies, cost 5 .
|Lacquered Banner Pole||Lady Camilla||Allied Encampment||Domain of Kourna||+ + +|
- The June 11, 2013, game update made Globs of Ectoplasm salvageable into Piles of Crystalline Dust. The change was introduced to "help Globs of Ectoplasm maintain a strong value in the economy and lower the cost of Crystalline Dust."