- This article is about speed at which characters move. For general mobility, see Movement. For the boon granting increased movement speed, see Swiftness.
Movement Speed refers to the distance a character travels over a period of time, relative to the ground, by using the movement keys or movement actions.
Movement Speed can be expressed in units per second (u/s). Sideways or backward motion is much slower than forward motion and forward motion speed is reduced by 33% while in combat.
Movement Speed increases do not stack with each other—only the greatest value takes effect. For example, a character under the effect of Signet of Air (+25%) and swiftness (+33%) will only move 33% faster. Maximum movement speed is universally capped at 400 units per second; this translates to 133% of base out-of-combat speed, but 200% of base in-combat speed. As such, a strong movement buff like Superspeed only makes use of its full 100% increase while in combat.
Walking speed is 80 units per second in all directions, both in combat and out of combat.
|Direction|| Out of combat
| In combat|
|Immobile||Unable to move or turn.|
|Stun||Unable to move or turn.|
- Signet of the Hunt (+25%, both player and pet, permanent)
- Signet of Shadows (+25%, permanent)
- Dagger Storm (+100%, 4 seconds)
- Mist Form (+66%, 3 seconds)
- Signet of Air (+25%, permanent)
- Signet of the Locust (+25%, permanent)
- Whirling Axe (+50% while spinning)
- Impossible Odds (Superspeed, 1s)
- Warrior's Sprint (+25%, with melee weapons)
- Mecha Legs (+25% Movement Speed; Reduce duration of movement-impairing conditions by 33%)
- Zephyr's Speed (+25%, while attuned to air)
- Quickening Thirst (+25% with dagger equipped)
- Time Marches On (+25% Movement Speed; Reduce duration of movement-impairing conditions by 25%)
- Natural Stride (+33% Movement Speed while not under a movement-impairing condition; Reduce duration of movement-impairing conditions by 33%)
- Hidden Thief (+50% Movement Speed while in stealth)
- Superior Rune of Speed (Rank 6: +25% Movement Speed)
- Superior Rune of the Traveler (Rank 6: +25% Movement Speed)
- Rune of the Lynx (Rank 6: +25% Movement Speed) (Currently only available in sPvP)
- Writ of Masterful Speed (+25% Movement Speed)
- Writ of Studied Speed (+15% Movement Speed)
- Writ of Basic Speed (+10% Movement Speed)
- Swift Moa Feather (+10% Movement Speed)