- This article is about speed at which characters move. For general mobility, see Movement. For the boon granting increased movement speed, see Swiftness.
Movement speed refers to the distance a character travels over a period of time, relative to the ground, by using the movement keys or movement actions.
 Base speed
Movement speed can be expressed in units per second (u/s). Sideways or backward motion is much slower than forward motion and forward motion speed is reduced while in combat.
|Direction|| Out of combat
| In combat|
 Modifying movement speed
There are a number of effects that modify movement speed.
|Immobilized||Unable to move or turn.|
|Stun||Unable to move or turn.|
Effects that increase movement speed do not stack with each other — only the greatest effect takes precedence. For example, a character under the effect of Signet of Air (+25%) and swiftness (+33%) will only move 33% faster. Maximum out-of-combat movement speed is capped at 133% of base speed; maximum in-combat speed is capped at 125% of base.
Increased or reduced movement speed also affects the distance traveled when leaping, e.g. a character using Leap of Faith will move about a third farther under swiftness and only half as far while crippled.
- Super Speed (200%)
- Signet of the Hunt (+25%, both player and pet)
- Signet of Shadows (+25%)
- Signet of Air (+25%)
- Signet of the Locust (+25%)
- Warrior's Sprint (+25%, with melee weapons)
- Power Shoes (+25% Movement Speed)
- Fleet Shadow (+50%, in stealth)
- Zephyr's Speed (+10%, while attuned to air)
- One with Air Haste: 1½ (100% Movement Speed)
- Windborne Dagger (15% for wielding a main-hand dagger, 10% for an off-hand dagger, with 25% total for both.)
- Compounding Celerity (+10% per illusion)
- Quickening Thirst (+15% with main-hand dagger and +10% with offhand dagger)
- Speed of Shadows (+25% while in Death Shroud)