- This article is about running speed. For general mobility, see Movement.
Movement speed refers to the distance a character travels over a period of time, relative to the ground, by using the movement keys.
Characters move more slowly while strafing, backpedaling, and while in combat. There are also a number of effects that change the rate. Movement speed altering effects do not stack with each other; instead, the highest value effect takes precedence. For example, a character under the effect of Signet of Air (+25%) and swiftness (+33%) will only move 33% faster.
Maximum out-of-combat movement speed is capped at 133% of base speed; maximum in-combat speed is capped at 125% of base.
 Base speed
Movement speed can be expressed in units per second (u/s):
|Movement|| Out of combat
| In combat|
- Swiftness (+33%)
- Stun (unable to move or use skills)
- Immobilized (unable to move)
- Chilled (-66% movement and skill recharge)
- Crippled (-50%)
 Utility skills that increase movement speed
- Signet of the Hunt (+25%, both player and pet)
- Signet of Shadows (+25%)
- Signet of Air (+25%)
- Signet of the Locust (+25%)
 Skills with special conditions that increase movement speed
- Super Speed (200%)
 Traits that increase movement speed
- Warrior's Sprint (+25%, with melee weapons)
- Power Shoes (+25% Movement Speed)
- Fleet Shadow (+50%, in stealth)
- Zephyr's Speed (+10%, while attuned to air)
- One with Air Haste: 1½ (100% Movement Speed)
- Windborne Dagger (15% for wielding a main-hand dagger, 10% for an off-hand dagger, with 25% total for both.)
- Compounding Celerity (+10% per illusion)
- Quickening Thirst (+15% with main-hand dagger and +10% with offhand dagger)
- Speed of Shadows (+25% while in Death Shroud)