Damage received on skill activation; stacks intensity.
— In-game description
condition that deals damage each second and additional damage each time the affected target begins to activate a skill. Confusion stacks intensity. Like all damaging conditions, it will stack up to a maximum of 1500 times.Confusion is a
Characters suffering from confusion can be identified by twirling, purple tinted spiral over their heads. Additionally, the same effect will appear alongside damage dealt by confusion when using a skill.
The formula for confusion's damage is:
- Damage over time:
(0.035 * Condition Damage) + (0.1 * Level) + 2per stack
- Damage on skill activation:
(0.0625 * Condition Damage) + (0.575 * Level) + 3.5per stack
Confusion damage is applied on every skill activation, whether activated manually or automatically. For example, necromancers will take confusion damage when they create a Mark of Blood after dodging while equipped with the Mark of Evasion trait.
- See also: Condition#Related skills
Weapon skills that confuse
Underwater weapon skills that confuse
Utility skills that confuse
- Corrupt Boon (when removing retaliation)
- Well of Corruption (when removing retaliation)
- Pain Inverter
Skills with special conditions that confuse
- Concussion Bomb (with Bomb Kit)
- Confusing Speech (tool belt skill with Technobabble)
- Pry Bar (with Tool Kit)
- Sonic Shriek (with Reef Drake)
- Throw Gunk (Warthog pet)
- Throw Gunk (Stolen skill)
- Cry of Frustration (shatter)
- Magic Bullet (with Illusionary Elasticity)
Downed skills that confuse
- Combo Field: Ethereal × Combo Finisher: Physical Projectile
- Combo Field: Ethereal × Combo Finisher: Whirl
Skills that remove confusion
Healing skills that remove confusion
Skills with special conditions that remove confusion
- See also: Condition#Related traits
Traits that apply confusion
- Distracting Strikes — Cause confusion when you interupt a foe's skill.
- Bewildering Ambush — Stealing also applies confusion.
- Mistrust — Whenever you interrupt a foe, inflict confusion in an area around them.
- Illusionary Retribution — Shatter skills inflict confusion on hit.
- Ineptitude — Cause confusion when you blind a foe. Blocking or evading an attack inflicts blind on your opponent.
The same foe cannot be blinded more than once within the interval.
Traits that improve confusion
Effects that confuse
- Chaos Armor (randomly)
- See also: Condition#Related equipment
Upgrade components that apply confusion
- Rune of Perplexity (rank 4 & 6)
Upgrade components that affect confusion
- Rune of Perplexity (rank 2 & 6 – increase duration)
When confusion is applied to a character they will occasionally shout out one of the following lines, depending on their race and gender.
|Asura||My mind is scrambled!||Where am I?|
|Charr||I can't remember my orders!||Can't remember my orders!|
|Human||Where am I?||What's going on?|
|Norn||Is this... a dream?||How many ales have I had?|
|Sylvari||Everything's so blurry.||Oh, what's happening?|
- This condition was changed to also deal damage each second in the June 23, 2015 game update.