From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
(Redirected from Blindness)
— In-game description
Blind character's next attack will have 100% chance to miss. Blindness is removed after the condition's time runs out, or after an outgoing attack that would have been successful if not for the blind. Characters will have a dark purple cloud over a white cross mark covering their heads. The affected character's screen will also dim.
- See also: Condition#Related skills
Skills that apply blind
Weapon skills that apply blind
- Flashing Blade
- Leap of Faith
- Ray of Judgment
- Smoldering Arrow
- Static Shot
- Black Powder
- Infiltrator's Arrow
- Shadow Shot
- Dust Strike
- Blinding Flash
- Lightning Surge
- Dust Devil
- Magic Bullet
- The Prestige
- Deathly Swarm
- Warding Rift
Underwater weapon skills that apply blind
Utility skills that apply blind
- Slick Shoes (while underwater)
- Blinding Powder
- Signet of Shadows
- Smoke Screen
- Signet of Air
- Signet of Midnight
- Signet of Spite
- Well of Darkness
- Gaze of Darkness (chain from Facet of Darkness)
Skills with special conditions that apply blind
- Flash Grenade (with Grenade Kit)
- Smoke Bomb (with Bomb Kit)
- Smoke Screen (with Flame Turret)
- Smoke Vent (with Flamethrower)
- Blinding Slash (with raven or white raven pet)
- Dark Water (with jellyfish pet)
- Solar Flare (with Sun Spirit)
- Seed of Life (while in Celestial Avatar)
- Blinding Tuft (stolen)
- Tactical Strike (Stealth Attack)
- Throw Feathers (stolen)
- Dust Tornado (with Tornado)
- Glyph of Storms (in Earth Attunement)
- Steam Vent (drowning skill)
- Counterspell (with Illusionary Counter)
- Corrupt Boon (when removing fury)
- Dark Water (with Death Shroud, underwater only)
- Haunt (with Shadow Fiend)
- Plague of Darkness (with Plague)
- Unholy Feast (when removing fury)
- Well of Corruption (when removing fury)
- Death's Charge (when in Reaper's Shroud)
- Combo Field: Dark × Combo Finisher: Blast
- Combo Field: Dark × Combo Finisher: Leap
- Combo Field: Smoke × Combo Finisher: Physical Projectile
- Combo Field: Smoke × Combo Finisher: Whirl
Skills that remove blind
Utility skills that remove blind
Utility skills that grant immunity to blind
- See also: Condition#Related traits
Traits that apply blind
- Justice is Blind — When activating Virtue of Justice, nearby foes are blinded.
- Go for the Eyes — Your pet gains toughness. Your pet's command [F2] ability causes blindness to foes around it.
- Verdant Etching - Reduces recharge of glyphs. Activating a glyph skills plants a seed.
- Last Refuge — Use Blinding Powder when your health reaches a certain threshold.
- Cloaked in Shadow — Gaining stealth blinds nearby foes. Release a blinding powder when you take falling damage, and take less damage from falling.
- Blinding Ashes — Blind foes that you burn.
- Evasive Arcana — Create an attunement-based spell after dodging.
- Elemental Surge — Based on your attunement, arcane skills inflict a condition on foes. Gain more ferocity when you use an arcane skill. Arcane skills recharge faster.
- Blinding Dissipation — Blind foes around you whenever you use a shatter skill.
- Ineptitude — Cause confusion when you blind a foe. Blocking or evading an attack inflicts blind on your opponent.
The same foe cannot be blinded more than once within the interval.
- Master of Corruption — Reduces recharge on corruption skills. Corruption skills inflict additional conditions on you.
Traits that improve blind
- Binding Jeopardy — Immobilizing or blinding a foe also applies vulnerability to them.
- Chilling Darkness — Blinding a target will also apply chill.
Traits that remove blind
Effects that apply blind
- Chaos Armor (randomly)
- See also: Condition#Related equipment
Upgrade components that apply blind
- Superior Rune of the Flock (rank 4)
- When blind is applied to a character they will occasionally shout out one of the following lines, depending on their race and gender.
|Asura||I've lost visual acuity!||Vision impaired!|
|Charr||I can't see anything!||I'm blind!|
|Human||Can't see anything!||I can't see!|
|Norn||Ugh... blind!||I can't see!|
|Sylvari||I can't see!||I'm blinded!|