From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
(Redirected from Blindness)
Blind gives a character's next attack a 100% chance to miss. Blindness is removed after the condition's time runs out, or after an outgoing attack that would have been successful if not for the blind. Blinded characters appear with a dark purple cloud and white cross mark surrounding their heads. An affected character's screen will also dim. Blind deals defiance bar damage at a rate of 20 per second.“
— In-game description
- See also: Condition#Related skills
Skills that apply blind
Weapon skills that apply blind
- Symbol of Blades
- Leap of Faith
- Ray of Judgment
- Smoldering Arrow
- Static Shot
- Black Powder
- Infiltrator's Arrow
- Shadow Shot
- Dust Strike
- Blinding Flash
- Lightning Surge
- Dust Devil
- Dust Storm
- Magic Bullet
- The Prestige
- Deathly Swarm
- Warding Rift
Underwater weapon skills that apply blind
Utility skills that apply blind
- Slick Shoes (while underwater)
- Blinding Powder
- Signet of Shadows
- Smoke Screen
- Signet of Air
- Signet of Midnight
- Signet of Spite
- Well of Darkness
- Gaze of Darkness (chain from Facet of Darkness)
Elite skills that apply blind
Skills with special conditions that apply blind
- Flash Grenade (with Grenade Kit)
- Flash Shell (with Elite Mortar Kit)
- Smoke Bomb (with Bomb Kit)
- Smoke Screen (with Flame Turret)
- Smoke Vent (with Flamethrower)
- Blinding Slash (with raven or white raven pet)
- Dark Water (with jellyfish pet)
- Solar Flare (with Sun Spirit)
- Seed of Life (while in Celestial Avatar)
- Blinding Tuft (stolen)
- Tactical Strike (Stealth Attack)
- Throw Feathers (stolen)
- Dust Tornado (with Tornado)
- Glyph of Storms (in Earth Attunement)
- Steam Vent (drowning skill)
- Counterspell (with Illusionary Counter)
- Corrupt Boon (when removing fury)
- Dark Water (with Death Shroud, underwater only)
- Haunt (with Shadow Fiend)
- Unholy Feast (when removing fury)
- Well of Corruption (when removing fury)
- Death's Charge (when in Reaper's Shroud)
- Blinding Tuft ( foraged)
- Throw Feathers ( foraged)
- Centaur Dash (with Centaur Banner)
- Kick Dust (during Outrun a Centaur with Centaur Banner)
- Combo Field: Dark × Combo Finisher: Blast
- Combo Field: Dark × Combo Finisher: Leap
- Combo Field: Smoke × Combo Finisher: Physical Projectile
- Combo Field: Smoke × Combo Finisher: Whirl
Skills that remove blind
Utility skills that remove blind
Utility skills that grant immunity to blind
- See also: Condition#Related traits
Traits that apply blind
- Justice is Blind — Gain a light aura and blind nearby foes when you activate Virtue of Justice.
- Autodefense Bomb Dispenser — Drop a smoke bomb when you are disabled (stun, daze, knockback, pull, knockdown, sink, float, fear, taunt, or launch).
- Go for the Eyes — Nearby foes are blinded by Beast abilities.
- Verdant Etching - Glyphs gain reduced recharge and cast Lesser Seed of Life.
- Last Refuge — Use Lesser Blinding Powder when your health reaches a certain threshold or when you take falling damage. You take less falling damage.
- Cloaked in Shadow — Gaining stealth blinds nearby foes. You cannot be critically hit while stealthed.
- Blinding Ashes — Blind foes that you burn.
- Evasive Arcana — Create an attunement-based spell after dodging.
- Elemental Surge — Based on your attunement, arcane skills inflict a condition on foes. Gain more ferocity when you use an arcane skill. Arcane skills recharge faster.
- Blinding Dissipation — Blind foes around you whenever you use a shatter skill.
- Ineptitude — Interrupting a foe inflicts blind, and blinding a foe inflicts confusion.
- Master of Corruption — Reduces recharge on corruption skills. Corruption skills inflict additional conditions on you.
Traits that improve blind
- Binding Jeopardy — Immobilizing or blinding a foe also applies vulnerability to them.
- Chilling Darkness — Blinding a target will also apply chill.
Traits that remove blind
- See also: Condition#Related equipment
Upgrade components that apply blind
- When blind is applied to a character they will occasionally shout out one of the following lines, depending on their race and gender.
|Asura||I've lost visual acuity!||Vision impaired!|
|Charr||I can't see anything!||I'm blind!|
|Human||Can't see anything!||I can't see!|
|Norn||Ugh... blind!||I can't see!|
|Sylvari||I can't see!||I'm blinded!|
|June 23, 2015|| Specialization update:
|October 15, 2013||
|June 25, 2013||
|August 28, 2012|| Game release: