From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
Skills and actions are 50% faster.
— In-game description
boon that increases attack and action speeds by 50%.Quickness is a
- 1 Related skills
- 2 Related traits
- 3 Related equipment
- 4 Notes
- 5 Version history
- 6 Trivia
Weapon skills that grant quickness
Utility skills that grant quickness
- Contemplation of Purity (when removing slow)
- Elixir C (when removing slow)
- Elixir U
- Quickening Zephyr
- Signet of Inspiration (randomly)
- Well of Action
- Well of Power (when removing slow)
- Impossible Odds
Elite skills that grant quickness
Skills with special conditions that grant quickness
- Toss Elixir C (tool belt skill for Elixir C, when removing slow)
- Dragon's Breath (with Dragon Banner)
Skills/traits/actions that ignore quickness
- Finish or Resurrect on downed enemies/allies.
- Unrelenting Assault
- Warding Rift
- Surge of the Mists
- Phase Smash
- Crystal Hibernation
- Soothing Bastion
- Riposting Shadows
- Phase Traversal
- Impossible Odds
- Unyielding Anguish
- Renewed Focus
Traits that grant quickness
- Heightened Focus — Gain Quickness when you strike a foe that is below the health threshold.
- Fatal Frenzy — Gain boons when activating berserk mode.
- Applied Force — Gain quickness when you gain might above the threshold.
- Instinctive Reaction — Gain quickness when your health drops below the threshold. Gain power based on your healing.
- Zephyr's Speed — You and your pet gain might and quickness when you swap pets.
- Flanking Strikes — Gain Haste when attacking a foe from behind or from the side.
- Furious Interruption — Gain quickness when you interrupt a foe.
- Seize the Moment — Gain quickness for each illusion you shatter.
Upgrade components that apply quickness
- Superior Rune of Orr (You gain quickness for 5 seconds when you fall below 20% health. Cooldown 90s)
- Major Rune of Balthazar (You gain quickness for 5 seconds when you fall below 20% health. Cooldown 90s)
- Superior Rune of Balthazar (You gain quickness for 5 seconds when you fall below 20% health. Cooldown 90s)
- Superior Rune of the Chronomancer (You gain quickness for 2 seconds when you cast a well)
- Superior Sigil of Agility (1s quickness on weapon swap, cooldown 9 seconds)
- Superior Sigil of Rage (50% chance on a critical hit for 3 seconds, cooldown 30 seconds)
- Skills already in mid-cast are affected when quickness is initially applied.
- Skills that are not finished casting when quickness wears off still benefit.
- Quickness wont affect your resurrect or finish speed.
- Quickness wont affect skills that make you block, evade or invulnerable for the duration like Unrelenting Assault or Renewed Focus.
- Quickness will increase the speed of channeled skills, including non-combat actions such as gathering from resource nodes, opening chests, building siege weapons, or communing with places of power.
- Quickness has no effect on movement skills, therefore it does not shorten the distance traveled (such as using a leap skill).
- Quickness will only increase the attack speed of regular attacks from devourer, spider, smokescale, bristleback or wyvern pets. On any other pet, quickness does not increase regular attack speed.
|October 18, 2016||
|April 19, 2016||
|January 26, 2016||
|June 23, 2015|| Specialization update:
|March 26, 2013||
|October 07, 2012||
|August 28, 2012|| Game release:
- Prior to the 26th March 2013 update, quickness would boost attack and action speed by 100% instead of the current 50%. To compensate for the reduction in effectiveness, some skills had their duration increased slightly.