Envelop yourself in a fiery shield that burns foes and grants might each time you are struck (cooldown of 1 second per attacker).
- Fire Shield (4s): Enveloped in a fiery shield that burns foes, grants might each time you are struck (1-second cooldown per attacker).
- Might (10s): +30 Power, +30 Condition Damage
- Burning (1s): 131 Damage
— In-game description [?]
- See also: Fire Shield (effect)#Traits that affect Fire Shield
- Fire Magic
- This skill can be activated while in the air.
- This skill does not grant extra might or separately cause the burning that are listed below the Fire Shield description in the tool-tip. These skill facts provide information about what occurs when struck by foes.
For a detailed skill history, see here.
| January 26, 2016
- The recharge of this skill has been reduced from 40 seconds to 25 seconds.
| December 01, 2015
- The following skills have had their effects replaced with a new version to reduce visual noise: Frost Aura, Magnetic Aura, Shocking Aura, and Fire Shield.
| September 29, 2015
- Removed an erroneous skill fact for condition-duration reduction.
| September 09, 2014
- Added a unique skill fact icon for this skill.
| May 20, 2014
- Fixed a bug that caused this skill to apply the fire aura in a smaller radius than expected when traited with Powerful Aura.
| November 26, 2013
- The aura of this skill now applies to 5 targets when traited with Powerful Aura, up from 4.
| February 26, 2013
- This skill now lasts 5 seconds instead of 3.
| August 28, 2012
|| Game release:
- Fire Shield has been added to the game.