Not So Secret
Not So Secret
- This puzzle requires the use of Launch Pads that fire every few seconds, launching any players on it up into the air. Take time to get used to how these work early on, as they are used repeatedly throughout the puzzle.
- In particular, you can stand by the edge of the launch pad to gain extra horizontal distance.
- Zip pads fire every few seconds and send your character flying forward in whichever direction the character is facing. They are shaped like gears and spin around. Use these to traverse longer jumps that are normally impossible.
- It is very easy to jump too far and fall off platforms, as several jumps in this puzzle are shorter than a full jump, and many times you are aiming for a thin landing point.
- The early portions of the puzzle include passages hidden by holographic walls. If you can't see a way forward, watch for shimmering cave walls.
- To make it easier to survive your jump with the diving goggles, have a party member wait in the water below you and aim towards their location.
- You can do the diving jump using an evasion trick shown in this videoguide.
- If you are going for Diving Goggles, when you reach two zip pads at the very top, jump on the first one before it spins - it will slow you down and you will land safe on second platform. You don't jump on second zip pad before it spins, it will safety transform you to last platform.
- Sometimes these zip pads will overshoot the landing. When that happens, jump on the pad halfway through the spin cycle.
- Performing a weapon swap after being shot from the first pad also slows you down enough to land safely on the second platform, and may be a lot easier to get right than trying to jump at the correct moment.
- This method still works after the March 16, 2015 update.
Beneath the hull of the airship is a deep hole with water and a chest at the bottom. To the southwest of that well is a large green vertical pipe with rock jutting up beside it. It's possible to use the rock to get up to the ridge around that pipe, then jump over to the ridge around a nearby pipe (this is a long jump so you'll need a speed boost). Then you need to get onto the adjacent platform with an Aetherblade Thug on it. From there, you can use a skill to get up onto the platform (for line of sight teleports, you will need to be standing on the northwest side of the pipe edge, and target the closest bit of the raised platform). If you can execute the shortcut successfully, it lets you skip having to go through the ship to get to that platform. This avoids quite a bit of jumping.
- Profession-specific tips
- Lightning Flash can skip to the portion directly above the well.
- Judge's Intervention can skip to the portion directly above the well. Merciful Intervention can also be used if another player is standing on top of the platform.
- Infiltrator's Arrow or Shadowstep can skip to the portion directly above the well. Also the Daredevil Skill Vault helps in some parts.
- Blink can skip to the portion directly above the well. Portals can be used to avoid having to restart parts of the puzzle.
- Summon Flesh Wurm can skip to the portion directly above the well. Sand Swell can be used the same way and to let other players skip the same portion. Spectral Walk can be used to "undo" a failed jump if used prior to jumping and then recalling in mid-air.
- Jump Shot cannot jump to the same spot as the above five, but can jump with the skill to the tip of the wing of the ship.
- Deathstrike can be used when the Aetherblade Thug is on the ledge.
|Search YouTube for videos related to Not So Secret.|
Shortcut for Elementalists, Necromancers, Guardians, Thieves, and Mesmers
Sand Swell can be used by professions without personal teleports
Step 7-10 can be shortened by moving south towards the broad platform where the Thug in step 11 is positioned on, jump onto a small rock formation a bit southwest of it to reach the rim of a pipe that is just one long jump away from this platform. Use a speed buff and jump to the rim of the pipe directly leaning to the broad platform and walk on it to get closer to the platform. Use your teleporting skill (Lightning Flash/Summon Flesh Wurm/Sand Swell/Judge's Intervention/Shadowstep/Infiltrator's Arrow/Blink) to get onto the platform. Alternatively, you can travel to the Mists (any WvW map) and immediately return back, this is suitable for any profession. Continue at step 11 after killing the Thug.
Jumping Puzzle or Diving Goggles
During Sky Pirates of Tyria
The first time a character opened the chest during this part of the Living Story, the chest yielded shoulder armor dependent on the character's armor type:
- Aetherblade Grenadier
- Aetherblade Striker
- Aetherblade Swashbuckler
- Aetherblade Taskmaster
- Aetherblade Thug
- Aetherblade Thumper
- Veteran Aetherblade Swashbuckler
- Jumping Puzzles: Not So Secret — Explore the Aetherblade's Secret Base. (10 )
- The Predator I: The Experimental Rifle: Salvaged Aetherblade Power Source
- Astralaria III: The Mechanism: Aetherblade Gearbox Mechanism
- Bolt III: Zap: Secretly Overcharged Quartz
- Sunrise III: Dawn: Illusory Light
- The mysterious rock formation that holds the jumping puzzle first appeared with the Dragon Bash update; the puzzle itself was introduced with the Sky Pirates of Tyria update, but did not become available until July 1, 2013. The goggles in the secondary route are the 38th pair added since release.
- This chest does not respawn on your server immediately after the daily reset. If you want to claim the reward after a reset, you can guest to another world.
- In the event of a server lag spike, launch pads may launch players shorter than its intended height, and zip lines may send players shorter than its intended length.