Map of Mistlock Mountaineer
Mistlock Mountaineer is a jumping puzzle located in the Mistlock Observatory in the Fractals of the Mists.
Enter the Fractals of the Mists from Lion's Arch. Head north-east to the small portal which teleports you to the Fractal Instability Trainer golem. Go down the stairs, turn left, run across the stream and up the hill. On the south side you can see some stairs. This is where the jumping puzzle starts.
- The puzzle starts on the eastern island (with the Fractal Instability Trainer) on the southwest edge
- Jump across to the stairs and head up them, around the corner, then jump across to the next set of stairs
- Head up this next set of stairs, jumping across the waterfall, then down to another set of stairs (taking care to land as close to the wall as possible to avoid sliding off). Follow these stairs up to the northern most edge of the large rock formation.
- Jump across to the smaller floating rock formation to the north, then head up the rocks counterclockwise to the southern edge and jump back across to the large rock formation.
- Jump up a few rocks, then back across to the stairs on the smaller rock formation. Follow these to the top.
- Carefully jump across the small, floating rocks to the south then jump across to the large ledge, down to the triangular rock ledge sticking out to the west by the stairs, then onto the stairs.
- Head up these stairs then across the grass to the southern edge. From here you can see a branch below you with two rocks in it. Jump down, aiming for the bigger rock, then walk along the branch to the smaller rock.
- From the branch, jump to the set of stairs to the west then walk up them, through the cave, and up another set of stairs.
- Jump across the gap in front of the waterfall, then onto the rocky outcropping, the square stone pillar, the triangular outcropping, then finally to a set of stairs.
- Head up these stairs clockwise, jumping across the gap, to reach the final chest.
- To reach the diving goggles, jump up the main trunk of the tree, then across to the branch the goggles are located on.
- There is a pair of Diving Goggles in the tree at the end of the puzzle. Using these and jumping into the portal grants the "Falling! Screaming! Diving!" achievement.
- Talking to the Fractal Instability Trainer and choosing "Set the checkpoint to this island" will allow you to respawn at the start of the jumping puzzle, instead of the main platform, should you die.
- The achievement for this jumping puzzle is part of the Fractals of the Mists achievement category instead of the Jumping Puzzles achievement category.
- Unlocking Data Key Log: Extracurricular Studies enable you access to low gravity by talking to Yokko, second option. This allows some shortcut and easier way to complete the jumping puzzle.