A Launch Pad is a mechanic that accelerates the character in a specific direction. Players must move into the vicinity of a launch pad for it to activate. There are two types of launch pads, bounce pads and zip pads. Bounce pads launch the player vertically, allowing them to reach higher area are the next level of an arena. Zip pads launch the player in a horizontal arc, to cross gaps in the terrain. Launch pads were first seen as bounce pads in the initial release of Super Adventure Box in the form of Bouncy Mushroom. Bouncing pads were first introduced with Super Adventure Box's World 1, and zip pads were introduced (along with the first return of bouncing pads) in Dragon Ball Arena, as part of the arena mechanics before being added to other locations in various, improved, styles.
It is usually possible to start a glide after the apex of the flight trajectory.
Launch Pad locations
- Blazeridge Steppes
- Lowland Burns — Two on the sides of the waypoint and another one on the eastern siege battery. All three launch towards where The Shatterer lands. During Slay the Shatterer, they also grant unique skills.
- Steeleye Span
- On the north wall. Launches to the north near The Last Whiskey Bar.
- On the south wall. Launches southwest of Steeleye towards Burstbubble Blind.
- Soot Road
- On a hill South of Sootpan Kraal and North of the Splintercrest Fort Waypoint. Launches southwest.
- Fields of Ruin
- Stronghold of Ebonhawke — Northeast of Hawkgates Waypoint, just outside gate to city. Launches towards The Siege Plains South of the renown heart.
- Tenaebron Lake — up the northern stair set within Sentinel's Perch. Launches to the southwest.
- Axedrag Cut - Right next to the Fangfury Watch Waypoint, up 3 ramps to right and around. Launches to the south end of the lake to the West.
- Fireheart Rise
- Pig Iron Mine — up the hill west of Severed Breach Waypoint. Launches towards Pig Iron Mine.
- Rustbowl - on the hill west of Nrocroc Chief. Launches to Atrox Castrum.
- The Toughstone - East of Vorgas Garrison Waypoint. Launches SE towards Simurgh Timberland.
- Iron Marches
- Gladefall Run — to the west of Gladefall Waypoint, across river, up the hill. Launches towards Firewatch Encampment Waypoint.
- Soldier Mesa — northeast of Sleekfur Encampment Waypoint, past hero point, on the cliffs north east of the hero point. Launches towards Town of Cowlfang's Star Waypoint.
- Viper's Run — on the cliffs where there are several Hawkeye Griffons northwest of Brandwatch Encampment Waypoint. Launches directly east towards Lake Desolann.
- Lion's Arch
- Trader's Forum — five pads in sequence, starting by the northwestern tentacle of the bank octopus. Each launches to the next of the sequence, and the last one launches towards the Black Lion Trading Company HQ.
- Bloodtide Coast
- Archen Foreland — by the entrance to Lion's Arch. Launches towards Stormbluff Isle, near Deadend Waypoint.
- Remanda Saltmarsh — northeast of Remanda Waypoint. Launches southwest (between the Waypoint and Lorantl Grounds).
- Stormbluff Isle — south of Stormbluff Waypoint. Launches towards east entrance of Covington Keep.
- Harathi Hinterlands
- Greystone Rise — by the Seraph's Landing Waypoint. Launches over Arca Lake to the far bank.
- Trebuchet Bend — by Drakken's Den. Launches north, near Bridgewatch Camp Waypoint
- Wildspine Hills — atop the mountain by the vista overlooking Grey Gritta. Launches west towards the Guardian Lake label on the map.
- Sparkfly Fen
- Astrozintli Forelands — southwest of the Zintl Holy Grounds Waypoint. Launches across the water to the Renown Heart NPC Ayomichi.
- Leeshore Gauntlet — South East of Forvar's Waypoint, North of the Wreck of the Argent Warrior, on a single cliff. Launches southeast to point of lane North of Renown Heart Danu.
- Fabled Djannor
- Features 10 Launch Pads set in pairs for fast travel during the Defeat Tequatl the Sunless event. Each one launches towards their matching pair. They do allow gliding.
- Thundertroll Swamp — southwest of Dryground Village Waypoint. Launches to the southeast, close to a few hostile mobs.
- Mount Maelstrom
- The Mire Sea — just Southeast of the Oxbow Isle Waypoint. Launches Southeast towards the Restless Deeps POI.
- Treacherous Depths — by the Irwin Isle Waypoint. Launches towards Malxa Pyronetics.
- Whitland Flats — on the hill north of the Old Sledge Site Waypoint. Launches to Observation Platform XKV, the Mk II Golem event site.
- Cursed Shore
- Pursuit Pass — by the Caer Shadowfain Waypoint. Launches towards the Cachistic R&D Waypoint.
- Compass Plaza
- At the steps leading up to the Promenade of the Gods. Launches towards Arah onto the second landing.
- Outside the wall at Meddler's Waypoint, east of the exit. Launches towards Telmat Knoll PoI.
- Malchor's Leap
- Garden of Ilya — by the Village of Wren Waypoint. Launches southwest towards the camp at Doric's Waypoint.
- Crusted Shoals — on the ledge north west of Shelter Docks. Launches towards the Colonnade Waypoint.
- Karst Plains — southeast of Doric's Shrine. Launches northeast to the ruins north of the Statue of Dwayna hero challenge.
- Straits of Devastation
- Half Circle Cove - South West from Underbelly Waypoint. Launches to the South East to land on the West bank of Plinth Timberland.
- Pact Rally Point — southwest by the Rally Waypoint. Launches south towards the Glorious Victory Waypoint.
Bounce pad locations
- Gendarran Fields
- Broadhollow Bluffs — throughout Not So Secret jumping puzzle
See Bouncy Mushroom.
- Cannot be used by Core players without the Heart of Thorns expansion. Attempting to do so will result in the following message: "You have found a Launch Pad. Train Glider Basics in the Gliding Mastery to be able to deploy your glider midlaunch."
- The January 26, 2016 update that introduced Gliding in Central Tyria maps also introduced a large number of solitary Launch Pads across the world.
- Bouncing Mushrooms function similarly to the bounce pad variants.
- Jump pads bounce you upwards but also create an updraft for gliding.
- Thermal Tubes launch you like a zip pad but much further.