Chaos Crystal Cavern
Map of Chaos Crystal Cavern
Chaos Crystal Cavern
The Chaos Crystal Cavern is a jumping puzzle in the southwest portion of the Iron Marches west of Old Piken Ruins Waypoint in Iron Marches. The area features giant crystals of various sizes, a multitude of effects that help or hinder the player, and enemies from all over Tyria.
Start at Old Piken Ruins waypoint in Champion's Shield. Travel west from the waypoint to a cliff with some Cliffbats on it. Jump up this cliff, then walk north to a large hole with roots across the opening; there will be a pair of Diving Goggles on the ground beside it. There is a pool of water at the bottom of this hole, as well as rock ledges along the sides of the water. Landing on these ledges can kill the player, so take care to aim toward the middle of the hole before jumping down. Once in the water, swim down through an underwater tunnel. You will arrive in a colorful open cave with the start of the puzzle nearby.
Spoiler alert: The hidden text contains spoilers relating to the solution to the Chaos Crystal Cavern jumping puzzle.
- When you first enter the cavern, you will find an Injured Inquest Researcher. He says that the only way to leave this cavern is through the portal at the end of the puzzle.
- To reach this portal, complete the puzzle and get the loot, you have to jump from one pillar to the other.
- On some pillars random chaos flashes appear. They can change your character´s size, movement speed and field of vision. They are timed, and only occur on specific pillars, so its possible to avoid them. If you get hit by one and receive a hurtful effect, you can intentionally get hit by one until it applies a different, less hindering effect, such as snake sized or lightning speed.
- The last pillar contains a chest. From there you can access the portal out of the room.
All effects are removed when you fall into the water.
- Be aware of the mobs around the pillars. Some of them may kick you off the pillars. It is advised to bring a ranged weapon.
- The Portal at the end of the puzzle will drop you in the middle of the great sea east of your position.
- The conditions given by chaos flashes are random, so if you get a negative condition just wait on the pillar for a less hindering one like Lighting Speed
- If you get caught by a chaos flash and are finding it hard to continue in your altered state, a quick re-log from the character selection screen will remove the altered state.
- In the second "row" of pillars there is a low pillar you can directly jump on from the ground, which saves some time.
- Using first person mode might help with the visual effects of the puzzle.
- If you are having difficulty, you can void-jump only a pillar near the end. Within ten or so pillars, theres is a particularly small one with a protruding edge. Hop onto the edge, log out, and then log back in. You will now be on top of the pillar.
- Near the end (final stretch) is a particularly long crystal spike on the left wall, if you jump on it (via another spike) you can get on top of one of the pillars, skipping a large part.