Chaos Crystal Cavern
Chaos Crystal Cavern
Click to enlarge.
Chaos Crystal Cavern is a jumping puzzle in the southwest portion of the Iron Marches west of Old Piken Ruins Waypoint — in Iron Marches. The area features giant crystals of various sizes, many effects that help or hinder the player, and enemies from all over Tyria.
Start at Old Piken Ruins Waypoint — in Champion's Shield. Travel west from the waypoint to a cliff with some Cliff Bats on it. Jump up this cliff, then walk north to a large hole with roots across the opening; a pair of Diving Goggles will be on the ground beside it. There is a pool of water at the bottom of this hole and rock ledges along the sides of the water. Landing on these ledges can kill the player, so aim toward the middle of the hole before jumping down. Once in the water, swim down through an underwater tunnel. You will arrive in a colorful open cave with the start of the puzzle nearby.
|Search YouTube for videos related to Chaos Crystal Cavern.|
When you first enter the cavern, you will find an Injured Inquest Researcher. He says that the only way to leave this cavern is through the portal at the end of the puzzle.
To reach this portal, complete the puzzle and get the loot, you have to jump across the rocky pillars that zig-zag through the cave. The jumps are not too difficult, the difficulty comes from two factors:
The effects from the chaos flashes can change your character´s size, movement speed, and field of vision. They are timed and only occur on specific pillars, so it's possible to avoid them. Some effects are more inconvenient than others: if you don't like what you get, wait on that pillar until the chaos flash applies a less troublesome effect. For example, Weighed Down is very problematic since it slows you down: consider waiting until the chaos flash applies a different effect like Lightning Speed or Snake Sized instead.
The final pillar before the exit holds the Grand Chest, and grants you completion of the puzzle as soon as you land on it. Exiting via the Unusual Asura Gate will teleport you out of the puzzle, high above Bloodfin Lake to the north of Bloodfin Lake Waypoint —
All effects are removed when you fall into the water.
There are no complete shortcuts for this puzzle, but there are some options which can shorten it:
- Diving goggles are available next to the entrance to the puzzle.
- An Unusual Asura Gate at the end of the puzzle transports you to high above Bloodfin Lake, just north of Bloodfin Lake Waypoint — .
- Jumping Puzzles: Chaos Crystal Cavern — Complete the jumping puzzle. (10 )
- Daily: Daily Chaos Crystal Cavern Jumping Puzzle — Complete the Chaos Crystal Cavern jumping puzzle in Iron Marches. (0)
- Someone in Need: A Collective History Vol. 1
- Meteorlogicus I: The Experimental Scepter: Chaos Storm's Trickery — Experience the trickery of the Chaos Crystal Cavern in Iron Marches.
- HOPE III: Prototype: Chaos Crystal Charge — Use the Empty Branded Crystal to gain a crystal charge near the chest at the end of the Chaos Crystal Cavern in Iron Marches.
- Quip III: Chaos Gun: Chaotic Trickery — Collected from the Chaos Crystal Cavern chest in Iron Marches.
- Sunrise III: Dawn: Chaotic Light — Use the Illuminator to capture the light near the end chest of the Chaos Crystal Cavern jumping puzzle in Iron Marches.
- Vishen Steelshot's Footsteps: Crystal-Tipped Shell — Found in the chest at the end of Chaos Crystal Cavern jumping puzzle in Iron Marches.