The Hexfoundry Unhinged is a jumping puzzle located in the Darkweather Rise in the south-eastern part of Sparkfly Fen that contains two chests. It appears to have been an Inquest lab and several terminals in the area give insight as to what may have caused its destruction.
Getting thereSouth-east of the Darkweather Waypoint — , behind the Inquest Inquest Hexfoundry G-14 — Point of Interest.
|Search YouTube for videos related to Hexfoundry Unhinged.|
The end goal of the puzzle is a room on the left side (east side) of the chamber closed off by three orange force fields. There are three switches hidden around the room like easter eggs, that you need to switch off in order to get the chest and the achievement. Once switched off, they stay off for quite some time, so someone may have already turned them off by the time you get there. If so, you can skip the switches and just fall into the water from entrance, swim to the center, make your way up the passage then jump up the slanted slabs and across the glitching plates to the chest room. Watch out for the Veteran Mark I-B Golem that spawns when you approach the Magnificent chest.
In general, you'll want to be heading in a counter-clockwise direction around the edge of the chamber. Two Veteran Risen Sea Turtles swim around in the bottom part of the lab, but don't worry if you fall into the water as they're quite slow and easy to out-run.
Switch #1: First, you'll want to fall into the water and swim to the other end of the pool, onto the large lit up hexagon-patterned platform in the vague center of the room. In the far corner of this platform is a passage up to the first enemy, a Veteran Risen Quaggan, and the second terminal. Continue past the Quaggan and hop your way up and around. From this high point, you'll want to hop onto the large slanted slab to your right. Hop across the ruined wall, and you're now standing on top of the first Inquest Switch. You should be able to disable it from here, but if not jump down, disable it, and you can run back up without too much difficulty.
Switch #2: From the first Inquest Switch, jump down onto the rocky promontory to your right, being careful not to fall too far in one jump. Continue up the large slab against the wall until you come to a point where you have to make a jump to the corner of the next slab. This looks trickier than it really is. Once across, run up the ramp to your right and you'll eventually come to three glitching plates. Jump across these plates to reach the second Inquest Switch. Disable the switch. Falling from here lands you in the Southern pool, swim back and walk up the ruined wall and you'll end up North of the first switch.
Switch #3: Jump down and to the right of the second switch, onto the slabs that are directly against the wall. Follow these up to another glitching plate. Across the plate is the third terminal and the chest room (accessible if someone else has already disabled the third switch). Continue along the east side of the room to the floating plates. Jump across these to a block just below another glitching switch, in the NE corner of the room. Just beyond this spot is a crevice and another glitching switch. Jump over the crevice to the glitching switch and the fourth and last terminal. (If you've fallen down the crevice to where the Basic chest is, you will need to run past the laser trap and climb back up past the chest room.) Behind and just to the right of the glitching switch is a series of small triangular ramps and stepping stones. Head up these and you'll meet a Veteran Flesh Golem and the last Inquest Switch.
From here, you need to fall down, off of the edge of the glowing slab, down the crevice, to the mini-chest. After grabbing its contents, run along to the laser trap. These lasers will set you on fire, and do a decent amount of damage, so use your dodge rolls and condition cures to make your way past. Once out, you can swim back to the slabs that take you up to the chest room! A Veteran Golem will spawn once you get close to the chest, and you'll need to fight him off to get at your loot. Congrats!
- Jumping Puzzles: Hexfoundry Unhinged — Complete the jumping puzzle. (10 )
- Daily: Daily Hexfoundry Jumping Puzzle — Complete the Hexfoundry Unhinged jumping puzzle in Sparkfly Fen. (0) (when applicable)
- The jumping puzzle's end chest is a Grand Chest protected by three force fields, which are powered by the Inquest Switches found throughout the lab. There's also a Basic chest found between the third switch and fourth terminal.
- Veteran Flesh Golem (65)
- There is no need to rush, the switches remain open a long time.
- You can skip switches 2 and 3 if they've already been turned off, by jumping down from the first switch into the water, and then climbing up the slabs on the east side of the room.
- The platforms with the single glowing symbol can be jumped on. The double symbol can not be.
- The achievement for this puzzle was added with the Halloween update 2012.
- Legendary Weapons: HOPE III: Prototype — As the hylek are masters of alchemy, so too are the asura the wizards of technomagical research. They understand the forces in play in their Eternal Alchemy and how to apply them to the greater world. Uncover their secrets in your work to attain Prototype, the next step in your legendary for attaining HOPE. (3)
- Legendary Weapons: Meteorlogicus III: Storm — Power, regardless of origin, is only of use when it is properly mastered, and to control the elements, one must understand the nature of control itself. Consider the nature of control, those who control, and those who are controlled, in your quest to attain the legendary precursor Storm. (3)