Map of Grendich Gamble
Click to enlarge.
Grendich Gamble is a jumping puzzle located in The Blasted Moors in the Diessa Plateau.
The Grendich Gamble is the ruined building seen to the northeast of the Blasted Moors Waypoint — in the Diessa Plateau, east of the Hero challenge, with Ghost Cannons and Ghost Trebuchets as well as Ascalonian ghosts on it.
- The objective is to reach the top of the tower with the ghostly trebuchets and cannons.
- Fight or run to the stairs on the west side of the tower. Approaching from the west is more straightforward but requires fighting through more foes. Coming from the east bypasses the trebuchets and most of the enemies on the west side by climbing up a rocky slope and circling around a broken wall.
- Jump over the cannons at the top of the first flight of stairs, then continue up the second flight of stairs and around the corner.
- Jump around the wall to the ledge on the other side, then continue up to the broken wall on the south side of the tower.
- Proceed along the wall in a clockwise direction until you reach a point approximately midway along the west side where you cannot jump any higher.
- Turn east and jump to the ledge on the central tower, then follow the ledge around, jumping on the wooden beams until you reach the ledge above you.
- Jump from the ledge to the higher part of the western wall that you could not reach before, then continue onto the platform to the wooden beams.
- Jump across the two wooden beams and then onto the segment of broken wall in front of you, then turn and jump up onto the longer wooden beam above. Jump to the wooden beam around the corner and down to the ledge with an Ascalonian ghost.
- Proceed up the staircase, jump the short gap, and destroy the trebuchet before engaging the veteran Ascalonian ghost here.
- Approach the rich silver vein to trigger the achievement.
- It is best to destroy the trebuchets on the tower when you come across them. The one at the top of the puzzle, in particular, can be highly frustrating, as it can hit you if you are standing in front of it (launching you off of the puzzle to your death). It respawns 3 minutes after being destroyed.
- Shortcuts exist. The exclusion zone for mounts ends not far above the tower, so it is easy with either a Griffon or Skyscale to fly directly from the top of Moorwatch Tower to a point above the top of the puzzle, and just fall the final short distance. For players without access to mounts, it is also possible with Advanced Gliding to glide from the top of Moorwatch Tower to a point quite close to the top of the puzzle.
- With a Skyscale, you can as well just go to the little hill north of the JP mount up and land on top of the tree to refresh your energy bar. Go up and use Bond of Vigor to go a bit further up, then move south and use Bond of Faith to jump from your mount to the tower.
- It is also possible with the Skyscale to fly straight up as high as you can, then with Bond of Vigor to get higher, dismount and glide to top of the tower of the jumping puzzle from next to the JP tower on the southwest side on the edge of the cliff by the Pile of Rubble (where the mounts aren't allowed condition disappears).