Click to enlarge.
Locations and objectives
- Defeat Goemm the Mad (13)
Go south from the waypoint, following the cliff to the east. About two thirds of the way to the hero challenge, you'll find an opening in the cliff, obscured by foliage: go inside. Once inside the cave, jump up the floating stepping stones to the north and then east. Keep jumping north across small floating islands until you emerge from the cave, now facing west and overlooking the waypoint.
The entrance portal is just ahead: carefully jump over one last set of floating stepping stones, bearing in mind that the fall will kill you. The gap between the stepping stones varies a bit, so change how far you jump accordingly. A chest is available to loot just by the entrance portal.
To reach Goemm and his lab, you will use a series of Asura portals to transfer between "stations," each gate requiring you to become tuned first. The effect lasts 20 minutes and persists if you fall; it only expires if you log out or die. Without the proper attunement, the portal will transport you to the previous station rather than next one. The second and third Attuner Devices are each guarded by a veteran, so you might find it faster to run past the foe rather than slug it out. Once you reach the lab, you will trigger an event to defeat Goemm. If you fall along the way, any Golem Assistant can teleport you to any of the stations you have previously reached, so at worst, you only have to retrace your steps in the current station.
In this station, the you need to avoid gusts of wind that blow you back.
In this station, you get hit by lightning bolts. This will cause you to be in combat, slowing your movement speed and making it more difficult to jump.
There is a shortcut to the end of this jumping puzzle, with the following requirements:
Start from Desider Atum Waypoint — and head northeast across the bridge, into the asuran settlement there. Your goal is the roof of the tallest structure in the settlement, the one containing Tralx and Crut. A simple path is to jump onto the triangular archway above the local Banker, then jump north onto the roof.
From the southeast corner of the grass-covered roof, jump east towards the cluster of big leaves on the mountain. You're aiming for the tip of the lowest leaf closest to you: it's just close enough to reach with a Springer leap while moving forwards constantly.
Once you're on the leaf, the goal is to gain height for gliding, dismount, and then immediately deploy your glider. The way to achieve this depends on your mount:
Either way, deploy your glider immediately and continue east, steering around the large invisible collider on the mountain. You want to land on the rock ledge on the south and east side of the mountain: don't glide too far or you'll fall to your death in the no-fly zone.
Follow the ledge around the mountain east and then north, staying close to the cliff. Jump down a short way north towards the asura gate. Walk through the gate to collect the Magnificent Chest and receive credit for the jumping puzzle.
- Jumping Puzzles: Goemm's Lab — Complete the jumping puzzle. (10 )
- Daily: Daily Goemm's Lab Jumping Puzzle — Complete the Goemm's Lab jumping puzzle in Metrica Province. (0)
- Bolt III: Zap: Bottle of Goemm's Energy — Use a Capacitive Bottle to capture energy from a lightning strike at Goemm's Lab in Metrica Province.
- HOPE III: Prototype: Proximity Test: Goemm's Lab — Take the Synergetic Generator to Goemm's Lab in Metrica Province and test the energy reactions near the chest after defeating Goemm the Mad.
- Incinerator III: Spark: Volatile Compound — Use the low-pressure environment of Goemm's Lab high above Metrica Province to safely combine 10 Piles of Bloodstone Dust with Putrid Ichor at a Console to form a Volatile Compound.
- Skyscale Lost: Skyscale Lost—Goemm's Lab — Find your Skyscale in the Goemm's Lab jumping puzzle in Metrica Province.
- If you die during the puzzle, instead of just falling, you will have to be resurrected by an ally. If you are in combat when you fall, you might suffer falling damage instead of being teleported back to the first station.
- The puzzle had previously included an Aetherblade Cache, introduced with the original Sky Pirates of Tyria update. It was subsequently removed but has now been reintroduced as part of the Sky Pirates update, along with an associated achievement.
- At some point, the Cave Bat guarding the first attunement device was downgraded from a veteran to a normal rank.
- Goemm, the boss at the end of the jumping puzzle, is the asura featured using Mirror Images on the Guild Wars 2 official Mesmer Page.