Click to enlarge.
There's rumor of a treasure vault hidden somewhere in this area. Those wo have found it say that you'll need a key to gain access to its treasure. Be sure not to lose your keeps and towers while seeking these riches.
- Can you find the keys that unlock the vault and claim the treasure inside?
The Mistwrought Vault is a collective term for the Emerald Sanctum or Sapphire Sanctum jumping puzzles. There are two identical versions of the jumping puzzle, corresponding to each of two Alpine Borderlands. There is no equivalent on the Desert Borderlands map. The Emerald Sanctum is in the Green Borderlands and the Sapphire Sanctum in the Blue Borderlands.
Directly west of the defenders citadel, south of the hero challenge, and next to the lake, are two tunnels. Head into the south one and take a left (or right if going southbound) at the first opportunity.
Don't jump into the water but take the path up by making a right. Before going into the water, there is a series of rocks on your right to jump up until you reach the top ledge. From the end of the ledge, jump down to the green area behind the large waterfall on your left with the icicles at the top.
|Search YouTube for videos related to Mistwrought Vault.|
Enter the puzzle by leaping from the rock into the waterfall. Be aware that you will take a significant amount of falling damage, making you easy prey if an opponent should be waiting below. Going deeper into the cave, hop across the first few rocks and across a vine. Here, you have a decision point. You'll need the two halves of the key in order to open the vault door. Going further up the center leads to the bottom half of the key, while continuing west towards the wall leads to the top half and the vault door.
Continue hopping across a rock westward, onto a log, then onto solid ground. Turn left and jump back on the log. You'll see a floating platform around the cliff. Jump across to the solid ledge and follow along the wall. You'll pass by the vault door, but you'll need the key to open it, so continue along the wall. Oozes reside a bit further but can easily be avoided. Eventually, the path leads back to floating rocks. Hop across the path and you'll eventually arrive on the larger floating rock. There's a jump shortly after which may not be possible to make but instead results in you falling through onto a floating platform below. Continue jumping across the floating rocks, jumping to the cliffside once there are no more rocks in range. Running up the cliff, you'll come to a vine bridge with a couple right-angled turns in it. Carefully make your way across the vines to the floating rock. Up on this rock is the chest containing the top half of the key.
Continue jumping up the floating rocks around the center. Once you've reached the top, look to the north for a couple of rocks leading to a vine-covered rock. Jump across these two rocks and onto the vine. Continuing up the vine, you'll push through a hole hidden by vines. On the other side, you'll find three floating rocks. Carefully jump across these onto the cliffside where a couple of oozes live. Look down the cliff and you'll see a couple small platforms jutting out. You can use these to jump across to the adjacent cliff. Jump up a series of small rock platforms here to the chest containing the bottom half of the key.
Instead of starting at the entrance, it is possible to take a shortcut from the Top Half chest. After getting to the Top Half chest, turn around and look for a V-shaped pattern at the edge of the cliff. Fall down there and you land at the end of the vine described above in the Bottom Half section.
As with the top half of the key, jump across to the log and circle around to solid ground. If you have both halves of the key, you can open the door. It will only remain opened for a few seconds, but once inside, you can use the chains near the door on the inside of the vault to open it again.
- Jumping Puzzles: Emerald Sanctum — Complete the jumping puzzle. (10 ) (completed on Green Alpine Borderlands)
- Jumping Puzzles: Sapphire Sanctum — Complete the jumping puzzle. (10 ) (completed on Blue Alpine Borderlands)
- The parts of the key are shared for all three borderlands, making it possible to retrieve key parts on one borderland and open the chest in one of the others. It may be easier to collect the key parts on your own borderlands to use on the other two. However, you cannot collect a key part more than once per day on any one borderlands.
- You need the key parts to unlock the door and chest. While a person with both key parts can open the door for players without, each player requires both key parts to open the chest for themselves.
- If someone opens the vault for you, you can open the chest, but you will not receive the achievement for having done the jump puzzle, and if you do the jump puzzle before the chest resets; i.e. right away. You will be unable to complete the achievement until the chest resets for you.
- There is a hidden room behind a wall of vines near a big root in the beginning of the jumping puzzle. The room contains the Blue Catmander, a box for the Perfect Fit achievement, and a kid swinging on a tree.