Map of Conundrum Cubed
Click to enlarge.
Conundrum Cubed is a jumping puzzle located in Cubular Fells, in the northwest corner of Mount Maelstrom.
Starting from Govoran Waypoint — , head north, following the western cliff until you reach a gap in the cliffs in the northwest corner. Run through, and it will open out into the cave containing the puzzle.
- Enter the cave.
- Climb up the "cube mountain" until you are eye-level with some cubes that release spikes every 10 seconds.
- Jump the four cubes towards the root.
- Run into the electric spark, which teleports you to another root.
- Run down the root into the structure with the rats and the swinging logs.
- Wait for the logs to stop and then run into the next spark; this teleports you to a hill.
- Walk a few steps uphill (before the sparks) then jump west across the spiked cubes towards the center platform. Land on the platform and you will see a spark on the left, which will be the one you need to jump into (directly walking into the spark might not teleport you. If so, try doing a U-jump around it)
- Jump down onto the ledge on your left, and walk into the closest spark to you.
- You will reappear on a stone bridge with a spark at one end; ignore that pathway. Turn around and run up the sloped stone platform and follow around. There will be two small cubes with a spark behind them. Jump onto the rightmost cube to get to this spark, which will teleport you to the chest.
- Speed boosts, teleports, and shadowsteps are useful for avoiding the spikes.
- It is possible to skip the first spark (Step 4) by jumping onto the rock behind and to the right, which is right next to the next spark at Step 6.
- Step 5 has an alternate path:
- Instead of running down the root, turn around to face the spark and jump on the cube to your left
- Start on the far right of the ledge next to the cube, turn towards the cube so that the arrow on your minimap is in line with the dark terrain line, jump forward towards the bottom edge on the cube, and at the very end of the jump (before you land) swerve to your right, onto the cube.
- It may take a couple of tries, but once you're up you can jump past the spark into another, which skips to step 8.
- Steps number 7 and 8 can be skipped by teleporting past the closest spark and skip the cube jumping.
- If two sparks are near each other, you can activate one, then keep running toward the second spark to activate it. The sparks will activate one after another, so the second activation will override the first. Your final destination will be where the second spark would teleport you.
- This can be used to skip steps. In particular, at the beginning of step 7, run toward the two sparks and activate both. The first sends you back to step 5, but the second spark sends you to step 9.
- Or at the beginning of step 8, run and jump toward the two sparks at the top and activate both. You will end up between two sparks, right outside the open area where the grand chest is. Here you should use the spark in the direction opposite the exit to the chest.
From the entrance, make a u-turn to the left to find the teleporter. Turn around and face the structure.
Walk to other side of cube.
Get in position before the first spike trap cubes, and wait for a safe time to go.
Quickly jump across the three spike trap cubes to the root.
Run into the first spark to teleport to the next step.
Follow the branch to the ledge.
Alternatively, rather than run down the branch, try the following tricky series of jumps to skip to the second-to-last step. You need to reach the far spark within the building, not the one immediately visible in this image.
Log traps will cripple you and, more often than not, throw you off the edge.
Here you have two choices. Move on to step 7 and try to get across, or perform a dodge roll through the first warp on this ledge to the one behind it and pick up with step 9.
This spark requires you to approach from the side. Do not fall off the edge as the fall will kill you.
Ignore the spike trap blocks and just jump to the lower platform.
Walk up the ramp and jump to the block, then jump to the spark. Splendid Chest on the other side. Warp above it will take you to teleporter from 1.