Map of Conundrum Cubed
is a jumping puzzle
located in the north-western part of Mount Maelstrom
, north of Govoran Waypoint.
Start from the Govoran Waypoint in Govoran Terraces and head north and find the gap in the wall.
Spoiler alert: The hidden text contains spoilers relating to the solution to the Conundrum Cubed jumping puzzle.
- Enter the cave.
- Climb up the "cube mountain" until you are eye-level with some cubes that release spikes every 10 seconds.
- Jump the four cubes towards the root.
- Run into the electric spark, which teleports you to another root.
- Run down the root into the structure with the rats and the swinging logs.
- Wait for the logs to stop and then run into the next spark; this teleports you to a hill.
- Walk a few steps uphill (before the sparks) then jump West across the spiked cubes towards the center platform. Land on the platform and you will see a spark on the left, which will be the one you need to jump into (directly walking into the spark might not teleport you. If so, try doing a U-jump around it)
- Jump down onto the ledge on your left, and walk into the closest spark to you.
- You will reappear on a stone bridge with a spark at one end; ignore that pathway. Turn around and run up the sloped stone platform and follow around. There will be two small cubes with a spark behind them. Jump onto the rightmost cube to get to this spark, which will teleport you to the chest.
- It is possible to skip the first spark (Step 4) by jumping onto the rock behind and to the right, which is right next to the next spark at Step 6.
- Step 5 has an alternate path: Instead of running down the root, turn around to face the spark and jump on the cube to your left [Start on the far right of the ledge next to the cube, turn towards the cube so that the arrow on your minimap is in line with the dark terrain line, jump forward towards the bottom edge on the cube, and at the very end of the jump (before you land) swerve to your right, onto the cube]. It may take a couple of tries, but once you're up you can jump past the spark into another, which skips to step 8.
- Steps number 7 and 8 can be skipped by teleporting past the closest spark and skip the cube jumping (Lightning Flash, Blink, etc)
- Speed boosts, teleports, and shadow steps are useful for avoiding the spikes.
From entrance, make a u-turn to the left to find the teleporter. Turn around and face the structure.
Walk to other side of cube.
Alternate path that skips to 2nd to last step, bit tricky
Follow the branch to the ledge.
Log traps will cripple and more often than not, throw you off the edge.
Here you have two choices. Move on to step 9 and try to get across, or perform a dodge roll through the first warp on this ledge to the one behind it and pick up with step 11.
This spark requires you to approach from the side. Do not fall off the edge as the fall will kill you.
Ignore the spike trap blocks and just jump to the lower platform.
Walk up the ramp and jump to the block, then jump to the spark. Splendid Chest on the other side. Warp above it will take you to teleporter from 1.