Prototype Position Rewinder
From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Equip a position rewinder, which can be used to rewind your position to a previously marked location.
— In-game description
|Hafren||Eastern Complex||Sandswept Isles||175,000 +|
|1||Mark Location||1||Store a location in your position rewinder.|
|1||Mark Location||1||Update the location stored by the position rewinder.|
|2||Rewind||30||Return to the location stored in your position rewinder.|
- Cannot be used in Dungeons, Fractals, Raids, WvW, PvP or guild mission instances.
- As it is a gizmo, this item can be used more than once.
- Double clicking this item equips a bundle that grants the skills Mark Location and Rewind (only with a marked location).
- Rewind is available for 30 seconds after using Mark Location or until you use any form of teleport (like waypoints, shadowsteps, thermal tubes or portals). The remaining time is indicated by the Position Rewinder effect.
- There does not seem to be a distance limit. Rewinding over longer distances can trigger a loading screen.
- There is a 1 second cooldown on Mark Location, but there is a 30 seconds cooldown on Rewind.
- Rewind can be used mid-air but Mark Location can't.
- Can be equipped and used while in combat.
- While Position Rewinder effect is active, the bundle can be unequipped without losing the marked location (and therefore the Rewind skill)
- The equipped bundle uses the skin of The Anomaly.
- A similar item, named "Enchanted Hourglass", was accidentally whitelisted to appear in the items API 18 months prior to the release of Sandswept Isles. That item would have reset a character's position 10 seconds after use.