Mad King's Clock Tower
Mad King's Clock Tower
Mad King's Clock Tower is a jumping puzzle of the area of the same name and resides in the Mad King's Realm. It was initially made available during Shadow of the Mad King 2012, and has been reopened for consecutive Halloweens.
Enter through any Haunted Door with a pumpkin icon. Talk to the Lunatic Boatmaster and select to go to the clock tower. There you will arrive at the Mad King's Tower Dock. This serves as a hub for groups waiting to start the jumping puzzle. The dock will teleport the player to the start of the puzzle and start a timer.
|Search YouTube for videos related to Mad King's Clock Tower.|
The chests along the path can be opened every third round (additionally resets in a new instance).
- First Chest
- Second Chest
- Trick-or-Treat Bag (1-2)
- Third Chest
- Trick-or-Treat Bag (2-3)
- Final Magnificent Chest
- Halloween Rituals: (Annual) Mad King's Clock Tower — Complete the jumping puzzle. Achievement can be completed once every year. (0)
- Halloween Rituals: Clocktower's Champion — Complete the jumping puzzle. (5)
- Lunatic Wardrobe: Mad King's Clock Tower — Complete the jumping puzzle. (10)
- The puzzle will reset after 90 seconds (the time it takes to complete it). If all players have failed, the timer will speed up to around 15 seconds.
- The normal chests will reset after about three minutes, the magnificent chest resets with the vortex every round.
- A score will display on the top of the screen for every time you get to the Mad King's Tower Belfry; the number on the left is your personal score, and the number on the right is the highest score of the people within the same instance.
- There is no reward given to the player who has obtained the highest score.
- No bags are received from the final chest if the player is rewarded with the mini.
- Rewards are per account.
- Joshua Foreman built this map, he estimated "maybe 5% of people would make it to the top."
- Skeletal hands will start grabbing at you once the vortex gets close.
- The clock tower was first introduced with the October 22nd, 2012 update, as part of the Shadow of the Mad King release, and has returned for every following Halloween.
- The Blood and Madness 2013 release changed various parts of the jumping puzzle:
- The jumping puzzle was turned into an activity; this also turned players into enemies rather than allies.
- Player skills were locked, to prevent swiftness or crowd control to being unexpectedly applied by others.
- In the jumping puzzle part itself, player models were changed into small, blue wisps, in response to a widespread issue experienced during the previous year where large characters were obstructing the view of other players.
- Opening chests were hastened, allowing players to instantly grab the contents rather than sitting through an opening animation. Before, it wasn't possible to grab all three chests and would be difficult to grab even two.
- This and Winter Wonderland are the only jumping puzzles that has its own activity-style instance.
- There are three versions of the clock tower:
- The clock tower visible from Mad King's Tower Dock has platforms revolving around a stationary tower.
- The actual puzzle instance of Mad King's Clock Tower has stationary platforms around a rotating tower. This is located directly behind the Dock in the distance, normally unable to be seen.
- The clock tower is stationary when you are in Mad King's Tower Belfry.