Shattered Ice Ruins
Shattered Ice Ruins
Click to enlarge.
From Ice Floe Waypoint — , head east through a rocky canyon, and jump into the water on the far side. You are looking for a small cave below the water, on the western side of the channel you've jumped into. It is a bit south of where you exited the canyon, almost exactly west of Slough of Despond Waypoint — .
|Search YouTube for videos related to Shattered Ice Ruins.|
The entrance to this jumping puzzle is underwater. You'll often find Alpine Skelk around the entrance. They're not a big threat — either kill them or run past (though they will follow you to the top of the entrance staircase).
From the top of the entrance staircase, head west towards some Snow Trolls. Stop just before them and turn south, climbing onto the ruined platform there, around a pillar. Climb the staircase back towards the east, then jump over a gap to the next staircase.
At the top of the staircase is a small open area containing a Blue Ooze. Deal with it, then climb the crumbling wall at the north of this area to reach the next staircase, spiralling east to overlook where the ooze was. Jump across the ruined floor to the tall outcropping of wall to the west: it is roughly marked by some circling ravens and a small waterfall above.
Drop down to the broken bridge to the north, then jump north across the gap. Head into the tower guarded by two Snow Trolls, and take the next exit to the west, heading south back out of the tower. Pass through the platform guarded by another Snow Troll and jump onto the stairs to the south.
Climb the crumbling platforms around the south and west edges of the cave, transitioning into snowy ledges on the west side. Once you reach the western end of the cave, guarded by a Tiny Blue Ooze, double back to the east. Jump east to a ruined platform with a pink tree and a Veteran Chromatic Ooze. Look for a chain by the tree, linking it to another platform to the northwest. Carefully run across the chain to the next platform.
Jump a small gap to the east, to reach the door to the upper level of the tower. Inside is a Veteran Snow Troll: kill it or run past, and climb the stairs at the back of the room. Jump up various stairs and ledges, spiraling counterclockwise, until you are almost at the top and can't go counterclockwise any further. From there, climb up the last stairs behind you to reach the top. Run east around the ledge to reach the Grand Chest, taking care that you don't fall back into the tower.
- Jumping Puzzles: Shattered Ice Ruins — Complete the jumping puzzle. (10 )
- Daily: Daily Shattered Ice Ruins Jumping Puzzle — Complete the Shattered Ice Ruins jumping puzzle in Frostgorge Sound. (0)
- Skyscale Lost: Skyscale Lost—Shattered Ice Ruins — Find your Skyscale in the Shattered Ice Ruins jumping puzzle in Frostgorge Sound.
- Kamohoali'i Kotaki III: Carcharias: Icy Plunge — Dive into the ocean using diving goggles in the Shattered Ice Ruins of Frostgorge Sound.
- The Minstrel III: The Bard: Shattered Performance — Perform a Spin-Flip using the Shattered Ice Ruins diving goggles in Frostgorge Sound.
- Astralaria IV: The Cosmos: Star Chart: Great Spirit Snow Leopard — During the night, use the Celestial Cartographer's Gear near the chest of the Shattered Ice Ruins in Frostgorge Sound.
- The Pure Glacial Ice Shard located at the end is where players who are working on Mawdrey will need to convert a Vial of Sacred Glacial Water into a Purified Vial of Sacred Glacial Water.
- There is a pair of Diving Goggles on a ledge at the end of the puzzle.