Trials of the Tengu
- The trial is located to the west of the POI. On top of a platform you will find the Tengu NPC called Groundskeeper Tora, take the torch from the fire to start the trial.
|Search YouTube for videos related to Trials of the Tengu.|
- The end point is above Sensali Shrine.
- The path is a series of planks and ropes.
- Using a mount will extinguish the torch.
- Gliding is required for some sections.
- The gliding skill unlocked by the Gliding Booster mastery does not extinguish the torch and trivializes this jumping puzzle.
- Along the route a series of Braziers can be lit. Once lit, you can return to that brazier using a mount. From there you are able to pick up a torch and continue the route.
- All braziers must be lit (in any order) to open the chest and obtain the achievement. There are five braziers in total, including the one at the final chest. The effect Trials Bonfire Lit shows how many bonfires have been lit.
The Jumping Puzzle involves lighting your torch at the brazier and carrying that flame to multiple other braziers via gliding. Mounting up or equipping a toolkit or pack (like the White Mantle Portal Device), will also put out your flame.
Note: Each lit brazier is a new checkpoint. They do not need to be done in order, but it obviously is the fastest way to complete the JP. Mounts can be used to get back to braziers after mistakes are made.
Brazier and treasure: Glide south from the wooden platform, light the brazier, and collect your treasure. The achievement and the mastery point are rewarded upon looting the final chest.
- Torch skills
|1||Rush||15||You move faster!|
The torch also grants Tengu Trials Torchlight.
- Seitung Province: Trials of the Tengu — Reach the end of the jumping puzzle along the cliffs of Jaya Bluffs. (3)