Click to enlarge.
There are a few different options to reach the puzzle, depending on which waypoints are available:
- From Murdered Dreams Waypoint — in the Cathedral of Silence, head outside the cathedral and follow the water's edge south.
- From Anchorage Waypoint — in Compass Plaza, head south across the water.
- From Shipwreck Rock Waypoint — , head west across the water.
In any case, you're aiming for the beach south of Death's Anthem Vista — . Follow the beach south, climbing up the rocks and coral at the end of the beach. Follow the rocks around to the northeast, heading up to the vista. The start of the puzzle is the flat purple coral just north of the vista, below the ledge.
|Search YouTube for videos related to Buried Archives.|
|This is a fairly straightforward jumping puzzle. The main challenge are the Risen foes throughout, such as Risen Eagles and Risen Gorillas, and the large poison attacks which regularly strike constant points throughout the puzzle.
From the vista, head north down the flat purple corals. Follow the ledge northwest until you can climb onto a ruined archway, overgrown with more purple corals. Climb all the way up these, west and then south. Stay on the corals and disregard any rock ledges until you reach the top; you'll know it's the top because the purple corals run out.
The chest is in the Orrian tomb to the west, guarded by Orrian constructs such as Orrian Spectral Juggernauts and Orrian Spectral Guards. The Grand Chest itself is protected by a Veteran Risen Noble. You can run past the first two Orrian constructs in the doorway, as they will stop attacking once you jump onto the ledge to engage the Veteran and last construct.
With a Springer or Skyscale and a glider, the puzzle can be skipped. Climb the ruins to the north of the puzzle (north of the Diving Goggles), outside the effect of Mounts Disabled. Climb as high up the cliff face as you can to the west, and then launch yourself south and glide to the end of the puzzle. If you don't have enough height to reach the top, aim for the flat purple corals instead, and you'll have very few jumps left to reach the end.
- Jumping Puzzles: Buried Archives — Complete the jumping puzzle. (10 )
- Astralaria I: The Device: Orrian Celestial Codex — Found in the chest at the end of the Buried Archives jumping puzzle in Cursed Shore.
- Kamohoali'i Kotaki III: Carcharias: Mausollus Plunge — Dive into the ocean using diving goggles near the Buried Archives of Cursed Shore.
- Aurene's Facet of Shadows: Purified Risen Aether — Purify the lingering Risen aether at one of Aurene's focusing crystals located at the Buried Archives.
- On the way down from this puzzle, you will find a set of Diving Goggles on the ledge north of the vista.