Under New Management
Map of Under New Management
Under New Management
Under New Management is a short jumping puzzle on Pearl Islet.
Travel to Pearl Islet Waypoint — on Pearl Islet in the southeast portion of Southsun Cove. The beginning of the jumping puzzle is a set of wooden boards just to the right of the entrance of the tower, when you are on the stairs.
- Follow the taller, southern staircase to the top and turn right after the pillar and before entering the building.
- Follow the wood scaffolding around to the back of the building.
- Use the wood beam against the wall to make it across the gap, or you can jump it (this is the most dangerous jump of the puzzle due to the long drop).
- Continue circling to the north side of the building, up the angled wooden beam and onto the stone pillar.
- Jump from the pillar to the wood platform ahead and below with the broken pillar sticking through it.
- Jump to the bundle of logs suspended by rope (optionally to the nearby pillar) and then onto the wood frame.
- Head south towards the stairs you started at and jump up and left to small ledge formed by a crossbeam to get to the platform up and left of it.
- Walk up the sloped beam and turn 180 degrees.
- Hop stone pillar to wood beam to stone pillar, then to wood platform.
- Turn right and make the last two hops from stone pillar to another wood platform and you're at the top with the Splendid Chest.
- A Mesmer with Portal Entre or a Thief with Prepare Shadow Portal can easily teleport people to the top.
- If used correctly, skill 2 of the Lightning Hammer can launch a player to a rock on the side of the building, whereupon the player can hop onto the wooden board, hop to the final stone, and finish it- thereby circumventing the vast majority of the puzzle. In addition the Guardian's greatsword skill Leap of Faith can also execute this shortcut as well.
- With a skyscale you can land on top of the pillars SW of the hut then rise, use Bond of Vigor to go a bit further up, then move towards the chest and use Bond of Faith to jump from your mount to the roof of the hut. Can be done without Bond of Vigor if need be. You can also try Dash followed by Bond of Faith instead.
The platform from which to use Lightning Hammer's second skill to circumvent the puzzle. Aim wisely.
- When at the top looking down to the east you can see a ship with a chest guarded by an Elite Reef Skelk.
- The initial release of The Lost Shores included a shortcut that allowed you to jump onto some barrels and reach the rafters easily from a broken pillar; the barrels were removed shortly after.
- Another shortcut was removed by the May 14th 2013 update. This one made use of a half-constructed building & tent near the main building.