Skip up the Volcano
- Refreshing Mists, which appear as smoke venting from cracks in the rock, indicate checkpoints. A blue burst of light will briefly appear around your character when you reach them.
- You will be revived at the last checkpoint reached upon death.
- There are 5 checkpoints in total that you need to unlock in order to get the achievement and the chest at the end.
- Checkpoint progress can be tracked via a set of effects with the icon Checkpoint Start", the second is "Checkpoint 1", the third is "Checkpoint 2", and so on. . These effects are confusingly named; the first is "
- Checkpoints will reset when you leave the area of the jumping puzzle or leave the zone (including logging out and switching IP).
- Gliding is a pivotal feature of this jumping puzzle. The Lean Techniques mastery is required for successful completion, while having Advanced Gliding is helpful.
- In lower parts of the puzzle, lava spouts repeatedly appear in certain places. They will burn your glider, disabling it and knocking you out of the air if they hit you, and often indicate the way you need to glide.
- Lava Elementals are located throughout the lower part of the puzzle; having a ranged weapon is useful to deal with them. Condition cleansing can also be useful to remove high stacks of burning the lava will give you.
|Search YouTube for videos related to Skip up the Volcano.|
The first checkpoint lies at the Chalice of Tears point of interest. In order to reach it, get to the vista north of Caliph's Steps, climb the rock above it and glide towards the lava fall. Enter the small tunnel and drop down to the river of lava. Wade through it upstream while taking refuge at the rocks in the river.
Jump across the pool of lava or go along the edges of the room to reach the rocks with a Refreshing Mist above it. Jump from the nearby rock to the protruding cliff and continue up to reach the second checkpoint.
From there, hop and glide across to the other protruding rock and reach its top. At this point, you have a choice: going around the room to reach an Ancient Chest, or taking a shortcut.
The chest route (marked in blue in the screenshots) leads across three other nearby protruding rocks while gliding under another one, climbing to the chest, gliding to another protruding rock, reaching its top and then taking a long glide across the entire room along the timed lava spouts. Make sure to time the glide so that the further spout will disappear by the middle of the flight.
The shortcut (marked in green in the screenshots) allows gliding to the same final rock directly from where you're standing.
Afterwards, continue up, climb around the lava streams to the wider platform with a small pool of lava. From here, you can either glide directly around the two timed lava spouts to the next platform (green route), or use the nearby platform and two glides to reach the narrow tunnel under the bigger stream of lava, go through it and then drop down to the same platform (blue route). Climb up to reach a black rock, then glide towards the falling lava lake inside the cliff to the right and from there continue gliding to the rock (marked with another timed lava spout) at the opposite side of the room. Carefully climb a little bit higher and glide towards the Ancient Chest to the right. Stand at the highest point by the lava stream, glide towards the lower part of the wall and jump up towards the steam.
Glide across the entire room to another protruding rock, climb up and then glide around the wall to the left to reach another checkpoint.
Climb around the ledges on the wall and glide around the corner to the lava lake. Take a long glide across the room to reach another rock (marked with a timed lava spout and a landing platform), reach the top and continue gliding around the wall to reach a series of small ledges. Climb and take a short glide to reach the highest ledge, then continue with a longer glide around the wall in the same direction the last two long glides took to land at the platform with an Ancient Chest. Either glide across to the lower ledge, carefully climb the rock (it is rather slippery but has 3 safe spots) and glide to the higher platform (green route), or climb to the platforms above the chest first, and take two glides to reach the same higher platform (blue route). Climb the rock and continue towards the Refreshing Mist.
Climb the rock above the checkpoint and glide around the wall on the opposite side of the Refreshing Mist. Here you can either try to climb the slippery rock to your left (green route), or go to the right and glide around the rock to reach the higher platform (blue route).
Glide twice (the middle platform is a bit slippery, land at the top of the slope) and climb to the top of the rock. Glide across to the slope above the big hole and hop along the platforms. Continue gliding to another landing platform at the nearby rock and climb up. From there you will see 3 thin red walls to your left – take a very long glide to the third one (if you don't have Advanced Gliding, stop at the middle sloped wall to recharge). Carefully climb the rocks with a bit of help from your glider, go around on the ledges and you'll reach the top with the final chest.
|Skip up the Volcano||Rising Flames||110|
|Get to the top of the volcano.I'm melting...||Made It Up the Volcano||10|
|Ember Bay Master||Legendary Trinkets||3|
|Collect all 15 items to prove your mastery over Ember Bay.||Collected 15 Items||3|