Pig Iron Quarry
Map of Pig Iron Quarry
Click to enlarge.
Pig Iron Quarry is a jumping puzzle located in Pig Iron Mine, in southeastern Fireheart Rise.
Start from Severed Breach Waypoint — , and head to the Launch Pad on the hill northwest of the camp, which will take you to the start of the puzzle. Alternatively, swim north to the pair of piers on the southwest corner of the island Pig Iron Mine is on. Follow the dock to the right to the start of the wooden scaffolding. The piers can also be reached by swimming south from Pig Iron Waypoint — .
- Firstly, find your way to the top platform of Pig Iron Mine. You will know you're in the right place when you see a friendly Grawl Priest on a plateau to the north.
- There is an optional chest down a short flight of stairs to the north of the Grawl Priest's ledge. (See note under Tips below.)
- Turn around and go along the western side of the central building until you find the transport chain, a series of platforms hanging on chains across the water.
- Jump southeast across the platforms to the other side of the bay.
- Ignore the chains holding the platforms as they can be jumped through.
- The camera will shake while on the platforms, which can be disorienting. See Tips for how to disable it.
- Once you're there, jump onto the platform in front of you and follow the stairs up.
- On the top platform, jump across to the one next to it and kill the Veteran Flame Legion Lava Shaman.
- His attacks can Launch you off the mountain, so be careful.
- You can anticipate his attacks by noting when he crouches down.
- Finally, open the Grand Chest and leave however you please.
- This puzzle features camera shake, which can be disorienting or uncomfortable. You can turn it off by unchecking the Enable Camera Shake checkbox in the camera options.
- Since the Shaman can easily knock you off the mountain, grab the chest before the fight if you can.
- If Take control of Pig Iron Quarry. Kick out the Flame Legion (61) is up, the chest next to the Grawl Priest will be inaccessible until the facility is recaptured from the Flame Legion.
- Since the event is fairly easy to solo, you might as well do it starting on the docks and then do each successive step as you work your way up to the top where the Grawl Priest is.
- Alternatively, use Stability to prevent the knockback, or shadowstep or teleport to the chest. You will take some negligible burning damage, and you can safely run out.
- If you attack the Veteran Flame Legion Lava Shaman from the second wooden platform on top, he sometimes glitches and does not retaliate.
- Also, even if he does retaliate, the platform's rail may prevent you from being pushed off by his launch attacks.
- If you have a strong ranged attack, it is possible to kill the Veteran Flame Legion Lava Shaman with ranged attacks before jumping to the last wooden platform.
- This prevents him from knocking you off the top with his launch attack.
- You can use a Griffon to bypass the platforms altogether if you glide high enough.
- The entire jumping puzzle can be skipped by using a Skyscale and the Bond of Faith ability to land near the chest.
Towards the optional chest.
Around the mountain top buildings, part 1.
Around the mountain top buildings, part 2.
Over the transport platform chain.
- The achievement is obtained by walking toward the wooden platform west of the chest, not at the chest itself.