Venom skills siphon life from struck foes. Gain stacks of Spider Venom while stealthed. Siphoning can only occur once per strike.
- Life Siphon Healing: 325 (0.2)?
: 6 Maximum Venom Stacks
: 2 Maximum Venom Stacks
- Venom Gain Interval: 3 seconds
— In-game description
- For more information about Life Siphoning, refer to Life Steal.
- Actual damage equation is:
320 + (0.033 * Power). The damage portion is not affected by target armor.
- When venoms are applied on allies, healing is based on the allied player's healing power.
- Contrary to what the description suggests, every hit in an attack that targets multiple foes can leech life provided the player has enough venom stacks.
- Spider Venom granted by this trait do not stack with Spider Venom utility skill.
- Immediately grants 1 stack of Spider Venom upon entering stealth.
For a detailed trait history, see here.
|July 08, 2020
- Fixed a bug that caused the life-stealing damage to be higher than expected in PvP and WvW.
|July 07, 2020
- Reduced life-stealing base damage from 320 to 160 in PvP and WvW. Reduced life-stealing power coefficient from 0.0333 to 0.0165 in PvP and WvW.
|February 25, 2020
||Competitive content update:
- (Competitive split) Reduced maximum stacks of spider venom provided by this trait from 6 to 2.
|October 01, 2019
- This trait now immediately grants a stack of spider venom when the thief first enters stealth and every 3 seconds after.
|July 16, 2019
- This trait has been moved to new slot in the same tier.
- It no longer reduces recharge of venoms. Instead it causes the thief to stack spider venom automatically while in stealth.
|July 26, 2016
- This trait no longer grants might to allies it is applied to.
- This trait now reduces the recharge of venom abilities.
|June 23, 2015
- Updated this trait to reflect the introduction of the specialization mechanic.
- Added: Gain 2 stacks of might for 20 seconds when activating a venom.
|April 30, 2013
- Increased the damage scale from power by 33%.
- Increased range from 325-400 to 325-425.
|January 28, 2013
- This trait no longer affects gadgets.
|November 15, 2012
- This trait now scales based on the thief's power.
|August 28, 2012
- Leeching Venoms has been added to the game.