- 1 Update 2 - November 15, 2012
- 2 Update - November 15, 2012
- 2.1 The Lost Shores Update
- 2.2 Dungeons
- 2.3 Items
- 2.4 PvP
- 2.5 General
- 2.6 Commerce
- 2.7 Events
- 2.8 Story
- 2.9 Profession Skills
- 2.10 Racial Abilities
- 2.11 Guild Wars 2 Wiki notes
- 2.12 Bugs
Update 2 - November 15, 2012
- Stats of legendary weapons have been returned to normal.
- Total achievement points display bug has been fixed.
- Ranger traps have been reset to their expected cooldowns.
- We have officially moved over to the new wide-screen FOV (Field of View). If you would prefer to return to the old FOV, please place the following command in your target for the game .exe: -useOldFov
Update - November 15, 2012
The Lost Shores Update
Something is stirring in the Sea of Sorrows. Ship wreckage is washing up on shore, whales are beaching themselves, local quaggans are leaving their undersea homes, and strange new creatures are being spotted along the Tyrian coast.
Head Researcher Levvi has been pleading with Captain Magnus, leader of the Lionguard, to heed her warnings of imminent danger to the city of Lion's Arch and other coastal settlements. Magnus remains unconvinced, though the disruption of maritime trade has the Ship's Council concerned.
Something new is coming ashore in Lion's Arch at 12:00 p.m. Pacific Time on Friday, November 16. This epic event will change that city forever, even as it introduces an entirely new twist on dungeon play. Come to the defense of Lion's Arch and race to discover the secret behind a mysterious new menace. At 12:00 p.m. Pacific Time on Saturday, November 17, the second phase of this epic adventure will take players to a place they've never been in Tyria, where they'll meet a new pet creature and discover previously unknown crafting resources that unlock new recipes and a unique way to upgrade gear. Join us at 12:00 p.m. Pacific Time on Sunday, November 18 for your chance to take part in an unforgettable, once-in-a-lifetime final event!
- New dungeon rewards have been added to all dungeons.
- Each dungeon has a new set of unique items with new stat combinations, ranging in rarity from masterwork to exotic. These items have a chance to drop off of certain bosses in the explorable mode of each dungeon.
- Story and explorable bosses and encounters have a chance to drop Bags of Wondrous Goods, which contain coins and karma. Bags of Wondrous Goods obtained in explorable mode also contain dungeon tokens.
- If the owner of a dungeon instance intentionally leaves his party to kick out players and invite new players, it will now also kick that owner out of the dungeon to prevent people from kicking PUG members and inviting guild members for the final boss of a dungeon.
Fractals of the Mists
There are new stories being told in the taverns of Lion's Arch, usually in hushed tones by broken and bloodied adventurers. They weep into their ales and shake as they speak not about dragons or the undead, but of something new, a mysterious portal that has emerged in the city, beckoning the bravest to venture through it. Introducing a dungeon experience like no other—Fractals of the Mists! A series of unique "fractal" minidungeons, increasing in difficulty, offers players unlimited levels of challenge! With great risk comes great rewards, including new weapon sets, a back slot item, new Ascended loot, and much more!
- New level 80 dungeon with dynamic leveling so you can bring your friends!
- Endless and scaling. The deeper you go, the harder it gets!
- The portal to the Fractals of the Mists will activate with the Lost Shores content Friday at 12:30 p.m. Pacific Time. Head west of Fort Marriner to the entrance and try your luck. Perhaps you'll survive and reap the rewards, or perhaps you'll be lost forever to the Fractals' bloody secrets.
There are two new major features added to items in this update. For more detailed information on these features and how they tie into the new Lost Shores content, check out this blog post!
- Added new crafting materials as part of the Lost Shores update.
- Crafted Halloween potions are no longer account bound.
- The mighty Zommoros has slightly increased the drop rate on Legendary precursor weapons from the Mystic Forge from both Rares and Exotics.
- The drop rarity of Rare and Exotic weapons from certain places in the world (champions, veterans, and players in WvW) has been increased. Rares and Exotics should be much more likely to drop and every champion should be guaranteed to drop loot. This was to ensure that world loot drops were not a significantly worse way of acquiring rare and exotic items than crafting and running dungeons.
- The amount of loot that drops for downscaled players has been increased. You should now be able to receive level-equivalent loot until you are fighting at a downscaled level that is less than 2/3 of your actual level. You should also receive loot a greater percentage of the time as well as receiving a greater percentage of experience, gold, and karma. For level 80 characters, this means level 55+ areas will be able to drop level 80 gear and give about 75% or so of the other rewards. Previously, these areas would give level 77 gear at best and closer to 60% or so of your rewards.
New Rarity Type: Ascended
- Ascended rarity falls between Exotics and Legendaries on the rarity spectrum.
- Ascended items have higher stats than Exotics and come with slots for the new upgrade type, Infusions.
- Ascended rings and back slot items have been added to the game.
New Upgrade Type: Infusion
- Infusions are a new type of upgrade component that can only be slotted into a matching Infusion slot.
- Added 12 new Infusions of the offensive, defensive, and omni types to the game.
- Create Infusions through the Mystic Forge using new crafting materials.
- Paid tournament rewards have been improved. We've spread out the rewards for paid tournaments, so that more finishing positions receive rewards. We've also made it so that qualifying points are rewarded to the following finishing positions:
- 1st place—Tourney Chests, 500 glory, 500 rank points, 120 gems, 5 qualifying points
- 2nd place—Tourney Chests, 400 glory, 400 rank points, 80 gems, 3 qualifying points
- 3rd place—Tourney Chests, 300 glory, 300 rank points, 20 gems, 1 qualifying point
- 4th place—Tourney Chests, 300 glory, 300 rank points, 20 gems, 1 qualifying point
- 5th place—Tourney Chests
- 6th place—Tourney Chests
- 7th place—Tourney Chests
- 8th place—Tourney Chests
- Paid tournaments also provide each finishing place a small chance to win gems in the following amounts. The chance of winning one of these is approximately 1 in 4. No player can win twice.
- 10 gems
- 35 gems
- 80 gems
- 120 gems
- 1000 gems
- Free and paid tournaments will now use individual respawn timers. Public games played via the PvP Browser will still use time-based wave spawning.
- A new map set in a kodan dojo is available. "Temple of the Silent Storm" is a beta version of the map, but we're letting players play it now to give us feedback.
- We will also be putting up some PvP Browser hot-join maps so that some are 5-on-5 and some are the current 8-on-8.
- The map rotation for PvP Browser hot-join maps will be:
- Temple of the Silent Storm
- Forest of Niflhel
- Legacy of the Foefire
- Battle of Kyhlo
- Raid on the Capricorn
- Daily and monthly achievement rewards are now available in PvP.
- Daily rewards: 1 tournament ticket and 1 glory boost
- Monthly achievement rewards: 10 tournament tickets, 5 glory boosts, and 5 salvage kits
- The /rank command will now show your PvP ranking. This only works in the PvP lobby and cannot be used inside an active PvP game.
- Added tracking for Qualifying Point Leaderboards. The current leaderboards are being shown here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Leaderboards-for-Qualifying-Points/.
- PvP Mystic Forge: You can now convert PvP Mystic Forge components into other components. This requires purchasing an Arcane Converter from any glory vendor. The conversion recipes are as follows:
- 25 Arcane Orbs + 1 Arcane Converter + 1 Arcane Crystal + 25 Arcane Powder = 11 Arcane Crystals
- 25 Arcane Crystals + 1 Arcane Converter + 1 Arcane Sliver + 25 Arcane Powder = 11 Arcane Slivers
- 25 Arcane Slivers + 1 Arcane Converter + 1 Arcane Orb + 25 Arcane Powder = 11 Arcane Orbs
- Raid on the Capricorn: Reduced the number of sharks from 10 to 6. They should no longer cover the Ruins capture point.
- PvP downed health is now 75% of what it was. This change was made so that in fights where players are slightly outnumbered, they can win those fights by killing off downed enemies through damage rather than needing to use a finishing move. This should not have too much impact on 1v1 fights or big team fights, but it should help players win 1v2 and 2v3 fights if they gain the initial advantage.
- The hit area for the trebuchet in the Battle of Kyhlo has been updated to prevent players from dropping massive AoE attacks (e.g. Meteor Shower) and having every single attack hit the trebuchet, destroying it without any counter. All normal attacks should still work against it.
- The Fire Elemental encounter in Metrica Province has received a balance pass.
- The Shatterer encounter in Blazeridge Steppes has been updated.
- A UI confirmation window will now pop up on large vendor purchases.
- Players will now be warned if they do not have enough inventory space to acquire an elemental fragment during the Dierdre's Steps jumping puzzle.
- Harvesting tools are now account bound.
- Updated Rune of Water to provide 10% boon duration instead of 15% in PvP.
- Updated Rune of the Monk to provide 10% boon duration instead of 15% in PvP.
- Updated Rune of Earth to provide 15% protection duration instead of 20%, and 3 seconds of protection instead of 4 seconds in PvP.
- Updated Rune of the Citadel to properly grant power instead of healing.
- Rune of Svanir's block of ice effect will no longer allow players to capture points while they're invulnerable. Removing the stun from this effect will remove the invulnerability as well.
- Rune of Air's lightningdamage[sic]has been reduced by 25%.
- "Unblockable" skill facts have now been added to various skills.
- Rune of the Pack's on-hit effect now works properly.
- Many skills, items, and traits were applying healing to an infinite amount of targets and have now been limited to 5 targets.
- You can no longer view opponents' account names through reporting in WvW.
- Fixed a bug that caused many piercing, boomerang, and bouncing projectiles (those that hit more than 1 target) to continually increase in damage the more targets they hit.
- Fixed a bug preventing melee attacks from hitting static objects in the world if the character was not moving. As an example, this should help players using melee in Ascalonian Catacombs to hit graveling burrows, amongst other offending objects.
- The Consortium Chest has been added to the gem store in the Consumable category for 250 gems each or 10 for 1800 gems. No key is required to open these chests; simply double-click them in your inventory.
- When you open the Consortium Chest, you will receive some number of crafting materials and one random item.
- Some items in the chest include: shoulder skins, breathing masks, weapon skins, hats, and minis.
- All items in the chest are new and have never been available before.
- Weapon skins are rare, and the minis are very rare.
- All items can be sold on the Trading Post.
- The Consortium Chest will only be available for a limited time.
- All the items found in the Consortium Chest can also be obtained as rare drops from any creature from the new Lost Shores event.
- The Consortium Dye Kit has been added to the gem store in the Consumable category for 125 gems each or 5 for 500 gems.
- The Consortium Dye Kit gives one random blue dye and one random yellow dye.
- The Consortium Dye Kit will only be available for a limited time.
- Dye Packs now come in bundles of 5 for 800 gems.
- Fixed a bug preventing Captain Penzan from retrieving his treasure in Bloodtide Coast.
- Fixed a potential blocking bug for the event Protect Orl's research krewe in Metrica Province.
- Fixed an exploit with the Assist the skritt with their fortifications renown region in Mount Maelstrom.
- Fixed a bug that would cause Fleshgrazer to turn permanently invulnerable.
- Fixed a blocking bug that could occur during Escort Brugh to Morgan's Spiral in Caledon Forest.
- Fixed a blocking bug in the event Help the Priory return the energy core to the Henge of Denravi in Brisban Wildlands.
- The Priory Explorer Plinx event chain in Cursed Shore will now occur less frequently.
- The event Defend Rimtooth, the pack marmox, from dredge in Diessa Plateau has been updated to avoid situations that could block progress.
- Fixed a bug that would occasionally prevent the event Return the stolen cattle to Stonefall Estate in Diessa Plateau from starting.
- Updated the Royal Forum Waypoint in the Straits of Devastation so players will no longer get stuck in nearby props.
- Fixed two bugs that could prevent progress with the event Cull the undead horde gathering outside of First Haven in Gendarran Fields.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent progress with the event Protect krewe leader Dobbs as the krewe clears the excavation site in Timberline Falls.
- Fixed a bug that would allow the player to remain transformed after the event Disguise yourself and gather special roots for Drysdan's medicine in Mount Maelstrom.
- Fixed potential blocking bugs with the event Help the Soundless villager return home in Caledon Forest.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the spectral weapons from respawning in the Malchor's Leap event Defeat spectral weapons and bring them to Byanca.
- Fixed an issue that caused Ghostnight to become stuck on his path in the Diessa Plateau event Defend Faint Ghostnight as he searches for a new devourer egg.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing Nia from continuing on her path in the Fields of Ruin event Help Nia rescue Cymbel's hounds.
- Fixed an issue that caused NPCs to become stuck while reviving allies in the Straits of Devastation event Escort the northern invasion Pact squad to the Pact rally point at Triumph Plaza.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent the Straits of Devastation event Help the Pact reach the Altar of Betrayal before their morale is depleted from starting.
- The story step The Hatchery has been fixed to allow players to progress.
- The story step Source of Orr has been fixed to prevent a possible blocking issue.
- The story step Estate of Decay has been fixed to avoid a problem where allowing Hekja to die resulted in preventing progress.
- The story step Conscript the Dead Ships fixed a possible blocking issue if you used movement skills to board the ships or talked to Jeyne while she was building the gangplanks.
- The story step The Stone Sheath has been fixed for engineers that were previously unable to complete the quest.
- The story step Dredge Assault now progresses correctly when destroying either door into the dredge cave.
- The story step Critical Blowback has been fixed to avoid a problem that could prevent progress.
- The story step The Ghost Rite has been fixed to avoid a problem where players were able to defeat the final boss too early.
- The story step A Light in the Darkness has been fixed to avoid a problem that could prevent progress, and the difficulty has been reduced.
- The story step Ships of the Line has been fixed to avoid a problem that could prevent progress.
- The story step Trading Trickery has been fixed to avoid a problem that could prevent progress.
- Ride the Lightning: This skill should now track moving enemies more reliably.
- Magnetic Grasp: This skill should now track moving enemies more reliably and end correctly when you reach your target.
- Evasive Arcana: This trait no longer creates unintended blast finishers.
- Ether Renewal: This skill's cast time has been reduced from 4.75 to 3.5 seconds. There is no change to the total amount of healing.
- Healing Rain: This skill's tooltip now states the correct duration of 6 seconds.
- Armor of Earth: This skill's tooltip now states the correct duration of 6 seconds.
- Churning Earth: This skill's description no longer references "hold and release."
- Signet of Earth / Signet of Air / Signet of Fire / Signet of Water: These skills should now have a cast animation while wielding a Fiery Greatsword.
- Ring of Fire: This skill on Conjure Flame now lists itself as a Fire combo field.
- Dragon's Tooth: The blast finisher for this skill now triggers at the spell location rather than the character's location.
- Magnetic Wave: This skill's missile-reflect portion now has an accompanying icon.
- Phoenix: This skill's tooltip now states the correct duration of 5 seconds of vigor that this skill applies.
- Blasting Staff / Geomancer's Alacrity: These traits now work together for the Eruption skill.
- Mist Form: This skill now works with the Water Magic trait Cantrip Mastery.
- Soothing Wave: This trait now properly applies regeneration to the elementalist when using Conjure Frost rather than only when the bow is picked up.
- Healing Ripple: This skill's scaling with healing power has been reduced by 50% in PvP only, as it had scaling that's normally reserved for main healing skills. The maximum number of targets has also been reduced from infinite to 5.
- Obsidian Focus: This Earth Magic trait now grants toughness when channeling the Stone Shards skill.
- Ice Spike: This skill's tooltip now states the correct amount of vulnerability when traited.
- Deep Freeze: This skill now applies 1 second of chill per pulse, preventing extreme stacking of chill on a target.
- Ice Storm: This skill now applies 5 seconds of bleeding per hit instead of confusion.
- Tidal Wave: This skill's responsiveness has been improved.
- Tornado: Leaving this elite skill now removes the stability it grants in order to make it consistent with other elite transformation abilities.
- Vapor Form: Fixed a bug that allowed this skill to contest a capture point.
- Lava Axe: This weapon now grants the wielder power and condition damage.
- Conjure Frost Bow: This weapon now grants the wielder increased condition duration and increased healing power.
- Conjure Fiery Greatsword: This weapon now grants the wielder power and condition damage.
- Conjure Earth Shield: This weapon now grants the wielder vitality and toughness.
- Conjure Lightning Hammer: This weapon now grants the wielder increased precision and critical damage.
- Elixir X: This skill now only requires one cast to transform the user.
- Toss Elixir R: This skill's recharge is increased from 85 seconds to 120 seconds.
- Elixir S: This skill is now improved by the Alchemy trait Fast-Acting Elixirs.
- Box of Nails: This skill now shows its proper area of effect.
- Gear Shield: This skill now blocks for an extra second.
- Magnet: This skill's range has been doubled.
- All kits can be stowed in the air now.
- Grenade: The projectile speed of all grenades has been increased by 10-15%.
- Grenade: This skill's damage has been decreased by 10% in PvP only.
- Shrapnel Grenade: This skill's damage has been decreased by 15% in PvP only.
- Freeze Grenade: This skill's damage has been decreased by 10% in PvP only.
- Grenade Barrage: This skill's damage has been decreased by 10% in PvP only. It also now works correctly with the Explosives trait Grenadier while underwater.
- Smoke Screen: This skill's graphic has been updated to show the area of the screen. It now pulses every 2 seconds for 6 seconds instead of every second for 5 seconds. This makes it more effective against enemies using attacks at normal speeds but prevents it from being abused to shut down quick-attacking enemies completely.
- Automatic Fire: Increased the duration of this skill's Overcharge by 100% on Harpoon Turret and 25% on Rifle Turret.
- Electrified Net: Increased the velocity of the Electrified Net by 100%.
- Thump: Increased the damage of the Overcharged attack by 25%.
- Bomb Kit / Med Kit / Tool Kit / Elixir Gun: These skills can now be equipped in the air.
- Toss Elixir C: This skill's cooldown will be set from 60 seconds to 30 seconds when underwater.
- Fumigate: This skill will now be cancelled when using other skills on the weapon to improve responsiveness.
- Rocket Turret: This turret can now be detonated underwater.
- Power Wrench: This trait now applies to Gear Shield and Magnet.
- Incendiary Powder: This trait now states that it can only trigger once every 3 seconds.
- Elixir U / Elixir C: These skills have had outdated skill facts removed.
- Potent Elixirs: This skill no longer grants improper boon durations.
- Elixir B: This skill grants fury, retaliation, and swiftness for 10 seconds base, with might being applied for 30 seconds base.
- Smoke Bomb: This skill's radius has been reduced to 180 from 240 when traited. Smoke Bomb is now active for 4 seconds, pulsing every 2. This change also affects the Autodefense Bomb Dispenser trait.
- Homing Torpedo: This skill is now a small projectile combo finisher.
- Retreating Grapple: This skill is now a projectile combo finisher.
- Timed Charge: This skill is now a projectile combo finisher.
- Net Wall: This skill is now a projectile combo finisher.
- Harpoon Turret: This turret will now spawn at the engineer when the Deployable Turrets trait is equipped.
- Protector's Strike: Fixed a bug that allowed this skill to be cancelled and retain the blocking benefits.
- Shield of Judgment: This skill's protection duration has been set to 3 seconds from 5 seconds in PvP only.
- Courageous Return: This trait now uses the correct icon.
- Power of the Virtuous: This trait now uses the correct icon.
- Holy Strike: This skill's velocity has been increased by 50%.
- Empower: This skill's might duration increased from 8 seconds to 10 seconds.
- Selfless Daring: This trait had an efficiency with healing power that was reserved for healing skills only and has now been reduced to its intended level. Heal scaling has been reduced by 50% in PvP only.
- Merciful Intervention: This skill has been updated to be instant when traited and will now always be based around the guardian.
- Polymorph Moa: Targets transformed by this skill have 5 new and less-frustrating skills, and this skill can also be used underwater to turn enemies into tuna. This skill now removes Death Shroud from the target instead of the necromancer being stuck in Death Shroud.
- Portal Entre: This skill's recharge has been increased to 90 seconds.
- Phantasm skills must now be cast in line-of-sight of the target. These skills now behave as normal attacks that the mesmer must connect in order to summon the phantasm, and they will fail if the mesmer is blind or the ability is cast on an invulnerable target.
- Phantasmal Mage: This skill's confusion has been increased to 3 stacks for 3 seconds from 1 stack for 9 seconds. The recharge on Phantasmal Mage's skill has been increased to 6 seconds from 5 seconds.
- The Prestige: This skill's damage has been increased by 100%.
- Phantasmal Haste: This trait now works.
- The Soul Reaping trait line now properly increases maximum Life Force.
- Ghastly Claws: This skill's damage has been increased by 10% and updated to indicate the correct life force gained.
- Reaper's Touch: This skill applies 4 stacks of vulnerability per hit instead of 3.
- Mark of Blood: This skill now uses the standard staff scythe cast effects.
- Spectral Ring: This skill now applies its recharge at the correct time instead of both during and after casting.
- Dark Path: This skill now applies it recharge at the correct time instead of both during and after casting.
- Spinal Shivers: This skill's casting effects and audio are now consistent with or without the Spiteful Talisman trait.
- Soul Marks / Mark of Revival: These traits now work together to grant 3% life force to players when triggered.
- Death Nova: This skill now properly activates when using Taste of Death and Putrid Explosion. The internal cooldown has been removed. This skill's field duration is now 4 seconds, and the rate it pulses has been increased to every 2 seconds. Its poison duration is 5 seconds per pulse.
- Weakening Shroud: This trait now functions underwater.
- Mark of Evasion: This trait is no longer a blast finisher when the mark is created.
- Plague Blast: This skill's casting time has been reduced.
- Death Shroud: Moa Morph now removes Death Shroud from the target instead of the necromancer being stuck in Death Shroud and using their entire bar while in the transform.
- Deadly Catch: This skill now pulls enemies to the necromancer in a reliable fashion.
- Summon Blood Fiend: The Blood Fiend's survivability has been increased, and its attack now heals the necromancer for 200% of its previous heal.
- Spectral Walk: This skill now sets its underwater slot appropriately on recharge.
- Corrosive Poison Cloud: This skill's duration tooltip has been corrected.
- Frozen Abyss: This skill now lists the vulnerability it applies.
- Spectral Grasp: This skill's projectile velocity has been increased by 33%.
- Lich Form: Leaving this skill now removes stability from the player to make the removal consistent with all other transform elites.
- Feast: This skill no longer causes damage to the necromancer.
- Sinking Tomb: This skill now has a correct range of 1200, cannot hit targets above the water, and has to hit the target to cause the sink effect.
- Vampiric Precision / Vampiric Rituals / Vampiric: These traits have been updated so that they don't heal enemies when in lower-level areas.
- Signet of Spite: This skill's description now indicates all conditions applied.
- Improved the effect chance on ranger spirits to 35% base and 50% when traited.
- Beastmastery minor traits now use the correct icon.
- Splinter Shot: This skill's damage is increased by 150%, and its bleeding duration is increased from 3 seconds to 4 seconds.
- Counterattack: The blocking portion of this skill can now be used while moving. Ranged attacks will not trigger the second half of the skill.
- Protecting Screech: This skill now states the correct duration of 4 seconds.
- Call of the Wild: The Wilderness Survival trait Off-Hand Training now applies to this skill.
- Throw Torch: The speed of the projectile has been increased.
- Maul: This skill's damage has been increased by 40%.
- Sun Spirit: The tooltip for this skill now displays the proper burning time of 3 seconds.
- Whirling Defense: This skill was updated so that it interacts better with combo fields.
- Splinter Shot: This skill is now a small projectile combo finisher.
- Coral Shot: This skill is now a projectile combo finisher.
- Feeding Frenzy: This skill is now a projectile combo finisher.
- Mercy Shot: This skill is now a projectile combo finisher.
- Piercing Shot: Fixed an error in this skill's damage tooltip.
- Dancing Dagger: This skill's damage has been reduced by 50%.
- Blinding Powder: This skill's recharge has been reduced from 60 seconds to 40 seconds.
- Smoke Screen: This skill's height has been increased to help it absorb projectiles.
- Shadowstep: This skill is temporarily disabled underwater to keep players from circumventing walls when using it.
- Tactical Strike: This skill's damage has been increased by 10% in all formats. This skill's daze duration has been reduced from 2 seconds to 1.5 seconds in PvP.
- Leeching Venoms: This trait now scales based on the thief's power.
- Cluster Shot: This skill's damage is reduced by 15% in PvP.
- Cloak and Dagger: This skill's damage has been reduced by 33% in PvP only.
- Body Shot: This skill now allows players to activate other skills sooner after the ability ends.
- Sneak Attack: This skill will now only apply the Revealed buff on the first attack that hits an opponent.
- Stab: Damage for this skill has been normalized so that it doesn't deal less damage from behind the target.
- Bountiful Theft: This trait no longer applies aegis at odd times.
- Scorpion Wire: This skill's range has been increased to 1200.
- Shadow Trap: This skill no longer shadowsteps the thief when the trap is triggered. This skill now has two additional abilities: The first ability becomes available when Shadow Trap is cast and will destroy the current trap. The second ability, Shadow Pursuit, becomes available when an enemy triggers the trap. The thief may choose to activate this ability and shadowstep to the enemy that triggered the trap. If this ability is not activated after 10 seconds, the ability will fade and Shadow Trap will be available.
- Piercing Shot: This skill is now a small projectile combo finisher.
- Ink Shot: This skill is now a projectile combo finisher.
- Dual Shot: This skill's damage has been increased by 10%.
- Bull's Charge: This skill's range fact now properly reflects the actual range of the skill.
- Reviver's Might: This trait now uses the correct icon.
- Stick and Move: This trait now uses the correct icon.
- Forceful Shot: This skill is now a projectile combo finisher.
- Brutal Shot: This skill is now a projectile combo finisher.
- Split Shot: This skill is now a small projectile combo finisher.
- Knot Shot: This skill is now a projectile combo finisher.
- Repeating Shot: This skill is now a small projectile combo finisher.
- Triple Chop: This skill's responsiveness has been improved.
- Avatar of Melandru: This skill now properly removes stability when players leave the transformation.
- Grasping Vines: This skill now immobilizes enemies when the vines connect with the enemy.
Guild Wars 2 Wiki notes
- UI changes
- Added new gold indicator icons and event box in the event assistant that is shown regardless of where you are.
- The info displayed on the character select screen now has icons and tooltips for each entry (except for tooltip over level, race and profession line) and uses a smaller font. This is also the new location to display information about one's "Current World"
- The icon for the Black Lion Trading Company in the menu bar will now show a notification icon and tooltip when there are things to pick up.
- There was also a small icon and a red text added to the "Pick up" tab of "Black Lion Trading Company" window.
- A new hint, Pick-Up Tab, was also added. The hint explains how to pick up items you've sold.
- The inventory now shows the amount of gems next to the amount of karma.
- The icon for an unused upgrade slot was altered.
- Spinner arrows have been added back to the crafting panel's quantity pickers. Also, a new icon appears when hovering the mouse over the value.
- Lifetime Survivor and Hint Completion achievements under Hero were fixed.
- The icon for Special Event achievements was changed.
- The thief's skill Cloak and Dagger may be "unlearned" after this patch with a dagger for main hand. The hero screen shows the skill incorrectly placed over-top the off-hand skill for pistol, Shadow Shot. One spell does less damage than the other. This may be an unintended bug caused by the 33% PvP reduction given to Cloak and Dagger.
- Spectral Walk now teleports the user back to the starting position with respect to the Y axis correctly.
- The Triforge Pendant has been updated to include +3% Magic Find.
- Several item descriptions were fixed. For example: the Golem Banker icon correctly indicates its soulbound status. In addition, the "Consumable" tag for consumable items is now placed in a consistent location in the mouseover.
- Invisible bags and Safe boxes now properly hide items from the Sell On Trading Post tab in the Trading Post panel.
- Two new point of interests were added to Lion's Arch: Macha's Landing and Consortium Gift Shop. These new PoIs count towards 100% map completion (5%) and world completion (1%) and have altered previous progress. Attaining 100% map completion a second time will not grant additional rewards.
- Necrotic Grasp range increased beyond 1200, although this is not listed in the tooltip or red link distance checker.
- Human female's Feathered armor and Conjurer's armor have new bug. Now these armors make the player's waist cut.
- Many players achievement points were displayed as far less than they had earned. This was fixed in a subsequent patch.
- Blood Fiend doesn't heal the necromancer for 200% of its previous heal. It still the same.