|| This skill is split between game modes — select one to view:
Glamour. Create an entry portal at your location that teleports allies to your exit portal.
(Creating a new entrance portal while you have an active portal will destroy the active portal.)
- : 5,000
Duration: 60 seconds
Duration: 30 seconds
— In-game description [?]
An inactive and active portal.
A portal cast by an enemy player.
The unique portal context action interface.
The previous uniquely colored portal context action interface.
- The portals are indestructible, untargetable objects which can teleport any allied players up to 20 times when interacted with either portal.
- The distance between two portals is restricted to 5,000 in PvE/WvW and 6,000 in PvP.
- After creating the initial portal with Portal Entre, the mesmer gains Portal Weaving and has 60 seconds to activate Portal Exeunt, which lasts 10 seconds after a 2 second delay.
- Recharge time for Portal Entre begins upon activation, and it resets to full recharge when the Portal Exeunt is used.
- Portals become brightly lit when they can be interacted with.
For a detailed skill history, see here.
| July 30, 2019
- This skill now uses different effects depending on whether the caster is an enemy or an ally.
| December 11, 2018
- The duration of time the mesmer has to place Portal Exeunt has been split between games modes. The duration has been reduced from 60 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW, but remains unchanged in PvE.
| December 15, 2015
- Mesmer portal tracking is now removed when a raid encounter begins.
| September 29, 2015
- Updated this skill to show an icon for the duration that you have to place the exit portal.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a noninteractable portal entrance to remain in the world if the mesmer died before casting the Portal Exeunt.
| July 29, 2015
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to have zero cooldown on reentering the portal when under the effects of resistance.
| June 23, 2015
|| Specialization update:
- Attempting to create a second portal entrance while you have an active portal will destroy the active portal.
- Reduced the recharge on glamour skills by 20%.
| April 15, 2014
- Added a range threshold skill fact.
| February 26, 2013
- Mesmer Portals can no longer be interacted with when there is an obstruction between them and the player.
| November 15, 2012
- This skill's recharge has been increased to 90 seconds.
| August 28, 2012
|| Game release:
- Portal Entre has been added to the game.
- The skill's sound effect is the theme from Guild Wars played backwards on a prototype music box with echo added. Maclaine Diemer posted a video showing the prototype in response to a Reddit thread.