From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
— In-game description [?]
|Backfire||Deals damage, burns, confuses and interrupts.|
- Phantasms have their own unique weapon strength that is independent of the player's equipped weapon rarity. The mage has a weapon strength range of 2459-2772, with the midpoint being 2615.5.
- The power damage from the mesmer's strike itself appears to have a power damage ratio of approximately 0.196.
- The condition duration of the burn of the mesmer's strike itself is not listed if untraited. The strike applies one stack of 6s burning upon activation and if traited another stack for 3s. The tooltip will then show one stack of 9s burning which is wrong in fucntionality but correct in terms of damage.
- Illusion of Vulnerability — Inflict vulnerability when you interrupt a foe. This trait can only affect enemies with defiance bars once per interval.
- Dazzling — Dazing or stunning a foe also applies vulnerability.
- Furious Interruption — Gain quickness when you interrupt a foe.
- Vicious Expression — You and your illusions deal increased strike damage to foes without boons. Disabling a foe removes boons from them. Disables include stun, daze, knockback, pull, knockdown, sink, float, launch, taunt, and fear.
- Power Block — Interrupts deal damage and inflict weakness. Enemy skills that you interrupt have an increased cooldown. Cannot increase recharge of skills with no recharge or skills on creatures with defiance bars. This trait can only damage enemies with defiance bars once per interval.
- Phantasmal Fury — Your phantasms have fury.
- Duelist's Discipline — Pistol attacks from you and your illusions have a chance to cause bleeding. Interrupting a foe recharges pistol skills. This trait can only reduce recharge on enemies with defiance bars once per interval.
- Ineptitude — Interrupting a foe inflicts blind, and blinding a foe inflicts confusion. This trait can only activate on enemies with defiance bars once per interval.
- Chaotic Interruption — When you interrupt a foe, recharge one of your equipped-weapon skills at random. Only affects weapon skills that are recharging.
- Sympathetic Visage — Phantasms take your conditions when they are first summoned.
- Protected Phantasms — Phantasms spawn with aegis.
- Persistence of Memory — When a phantasm becomes a clone, it transfers its boons to you.
- The Pledge — Reduces recharge on torch skills. Flame bursts from torch skills inflict additional burning.
- Phantasmal Haste — Phantasms spawn with quickness. Gain quickness when you create a phantasm.
- Phantasmal Force — Phantasms deal increased strike damage for each stack of might you have. Gain might when your phantasms become clones.
- Delayed Reactions — Disabling a foe slows them. Disables include stun, daze, knockback, pull, knockdown, sink, float, launch, taunt, and fear. This trait can only affect the same enemy with once per interval.
- Chronophantasma — The first time a phantasm would become a clone, it instead resummons itself and attacks again. Resummoned phantasms inflict a percentage of the original's damage. (Resummoned phantasms are briefly dazed.)
For a detailed skill history, see here.
|July 07, 2020||
|July 10, 2018||
|February 08, 2018||
|February 06, 2018||
|February 22, 2017||
|July 26, 2016||
|June 23, 2015||Specialization update:
|January 27, 2015||
|May 20, 2014||
|December 14, 2012||
|November 15, 2012||
|August 28, 2012||Game release:
- This skill used to be called Backfire, and the skill used by the mage is still called that in the combat log.