— In-game description [?]
||Deals damage, burns, confuses and interrupts.
- Phantasms have their own unique weapon strength that is independent of the player's equipped weapon rarity. The mage has a weapon strength range of 2459-2772, with the midpoint being 2615.5.
- The power damage from the mesmer's strike itself appears to have a power damage ratio of approximately 0.196.
- The condition duration of the burn of the mesmer's strike itself is not listed if untraited. The strike applies one stack of 6s burning upon activation and if traited another stack for 3s. The tooltip will then show one stack of 9s burning which is wrong in fucntionality but correct in terms of damage.
- See also: Phantasm#Related traits
For a detailed skill history, see here.
|July 10, 2018
- The burning duration of the initial attack has been modified from 2 stacks for 3 seconds to 1 stack for 6 seconds.
- The attack's burning has been modified from 3 stacks for 3 seconds to 1 stack for 9 seconds.
|February 08, 2018
- Fixed a bug that caused the daze from this phantasm's attack from benefiting from the Confounding Suggestions trait.
|February 06, 2018
- Phantasms can no longer be shattered and no longer count toward your maximum illusion count.
- Phantasms are destroyed and then replaced by clones after completing their unique attack or if their attack is interrupted.
- The mage summoned by this skill now creates a cone-shaped wave of fire that interrupts foes and applies burning and confusion.
- The mage now spawns near your target instead of near you.
|February 22, 2017
- In addition to its previous effect, this skill now burns nearby foes when activated.
|July 26, 2016
- The recharge of the mage's attack has been reduced from 5 seconds to 4 seconds.
- Burning stacks have been increased from 1 to 2 stacks, with the duration reduced from 6 to 3.
- The missile velocity of the mage's attack has been increased by 33%.
|June 23, 2015
- Instead of inflicting confusion on foes and granting retaliation on allies, this phantasm now inflicts 1 stack of burning for 6 seconds on foes and grants 3 seconds of fury to allies.
- Removed undocumented condition removal from this phantasm.
- Mesmer skills that create bouncing projectiles will now have them bounce one additional time.
- Phantasm damage has been increased by 15%.
|January 27, 2015
- The illusionary mage summoned by this skill now applies 4 stacks of confusion instead of 3 with its attack.
- The duration of the confusion has been increased from 3 seconds to 4 seconds.
- The illusionary mage's rate of fire has been reduced by 1 second.
|May 20, 2014
- Fixed an incorrect number of bounces skill fact. This skill bounces 2 times (hits 3 targets).
|December 14, 2012
- Damage now matches the tooltip.
|November 15, 2012
- This skill's confusion has been increased to 3 stacks for 3 seconds from 1 stack for 9 seconds.
- The recharge on Phantasmal Mage's skill has been increased to 6 seconds from 5 seconds.
|August 28, 2012
- Phantasmal Mage has been added to the game.
- This skill used to be called Backfire, and the skill used by the mage is still called that in the combat log.