— In-game description [?]
| Skill used
|| Deals damage, burns, confuses and interrupts.
- Phantasms have their own unique weapon strength that is independent of the player's equipped weapon rarity. The mage has a weapon strength range of 2459-2772, with the midpoint being 2615.5.
- See also: Phantasm#Related traits
For a detailed skill history, see here.
| July 10, 2018
- The burning duration of the initial attack has been modified from 2 stacks for 3 seconds to 1 stack for 6 seconds.
- The attack's burning has been modified from 3 stacks for 3 seconds to 1 stack for 9 seconds.
| February 08, 2018
- Fixed a bug that caused the daze from this phantasm's attack from benefiting from the Confounding Suggestions trait.
| February 06, 2018
- Phantasms can no longer be shattered and no longer count toward your maximum illusion count.
- Phantasms are destroyed and then replaced by clones after completing their unique attack or if their attack is interrupted.
- The mage summoned by this skill now creates a cone-shaped wave of fire that interrupts foes and applies burning and confusion.
- The mage now spawns near your target instead of near you.
| February 22, 2017
- In addition to its previous effect, this skill now burns nearby foes when activated.
| July 26, 2016
- The recharge of the mage's attack has been reduced from 5 seconds to 4 seconds.
- Burning stacks have been increased from 1 to 2 stacks, with the duration reduced from 6 to 3.
- The missile velocity of the mage's attack has been increased by 33%.
| June 23, 2015
|| Specialization update:
- Instead of inflicting confusion on foes and granting retaliation on allies, this phantasm now inflicts 1 stack of burning for 6 seconds on foes and grants 3 seconds of fury to allies.
- Removed undocumented condition removal from this phantasm.
- Mesmer skills that create bouncing projectiles will now have them bounce one additional time.
- Phantasm damage has been increased by 15%.
| January 27, 2015
- The illusionary mage summoned by this skill now applies 4 stacks of confusion instead of 3 with its attack.
- The duration of the confusion has been increased from 3 seconds to 4 seconds.
- The illusionary mage's rate of fire has been reduced by 1 second.
| May 20, 2014
- Fixed an incorrect number of bounces skill fact. This skill bounces 2 times (hits 3 targets).
| December 14, 2012
- Damage now matches the tooltip.
| November 15, 2012
- This skill's confusion has been increased to 3 stacks for 3 seconds from 1 stack for 9 seconds.
- The recharge on Phantasmal Mage's skill has been increased to 6 seconds from 5 seconds.
| August 28, 2012
|| Game release:
- Phantasmal Mage has been added to the game.
- This skill used to be called Backfire, and the skill used by the mage is still called that in the combat log.