From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
Captain Penzan was a former member of the Captain's Council, and currently leads the eponymous Penzan Privateers.
- Hello again, my fine friend! I trust you're enjoying life amongst the ranks of my privateers?
I think I've had too much rum...who are you, again?
- Why I'm Captain Penzan, formerly of the Captain's Council, currently of the Penzan Privateers. Surely you've heard of me.
I'm looking for a job. Do you need anything?
- Need? Clearly, my crew has all they could ever want!
Why are they brawling and fighting so much, then?
- Oh, now, that's just the crew having some harmless fun. You should join in!
- Thanks. Maybe I will.
- Captain Penzan is a reference to Gilbert and Sullivan's The Pirates of Penzance. At certain times, he will sing a parody of the Major-General's Song:
- I am the very model of a modern pirate general,
- I've information magical, mathematical and mineral.
- I know the Queens of Kryta and can cite matters historical,
- From Bloodstones to the dragon spawn in order categorical.
- In fact, I write my washing bills in old Canthan cuneiform.
- I'll tell you every detail sewn on Caudecus's uniform.
- The skills and builds of warfare are essential to my strategy,
- You'll say a better pirate general has never sat-a-gee,
- For when you know the habits of the Charr and the Elonians
- When you can tell at sight a Kurzick from an Ascalonian,
- You'll know my martial knowledge, quite extensive and still myriad,
- Has only been updated for the Interregnum period!
- But still in matters magical, mathematical, and mineral,
- I am the very model of a modern pirate general!