Loading screen at Molengrad
Destroy the prototype dredge weapon.
- Meet Crusader Thurkill outside Molenheide.
- Destroy the door with the cannon.
- Destroy the dredge transports.
- Search the mine for the dredge prototype weapon.
- Destroy the prototype.
Confer with Eir and the order reps in Hoelbrak.
- Speak to the order reps.
- Choose a course of action.
Click here to edit the reward data
- All professions
- One of the following: Mending Helm, Strong Helm, Penetrating Helm
- One of the following: Mending Mask, Strong Hat, Penetrating Mask
- One of the following: Mending Circlet, Strong Masque, Penetrating Masque
- Agent Ifwyn (only in the Hunter's Hearth)
- Crusader Thurkill
- Eir Stegalkin (only in the Hunter's Hearth)
- Scholar Prott (only in the Hunter's Hearth)
- Siege weapons
There is a cannon pointed at the door blocking the entrance to the dredge mine. Use the cannon to blow open the door, it will take about 3 shots.
Once the door has been destroyed, three Dredge APCs appear from underground and disgorge around a dozen dredge to fight. Once they are defeated and the APCs are destroyed, two Dredge Mining Suits will exit the mine to attack you. The cannon can still be used during this fight, but as it has a minimum range and is slow to turn, it is of limited use.
The mine contains numerous dredge, some of whom are neutral Dredge Excavators. These can be safely ignored. Fight through the hostile dredge, then attack the weapon prototype. Hostile dredge will continue to spawn until the prototype is destroyed. Once it is destroyed, any remaining hostile dredge will be killed.
Return to Hoelbrak and talk to the order representatives and choose your next mission.
Speaking to Crusader Thurkill (cinematic):
- Crusader Thurkill: Good to have you with us, Slayer. You know what that dredge weapon did to my comrades. You're welcome to help me avenge them.
- Crusader Thurkill: You'll make an excellent Vigil recruit. When you're ready to commit to fighting the dragons full time, let me know.
- <Character name>: I will. But first I want to break Vyacheslav's latest prototype and punish the dredge who tested it on people.
- Crusader Thurkill: Agreed. And that confirms that you were made for the Vigil. We don't talk, we act. When we're attacked, we answer.
- Crusader Thurkill: The dredge are behind that door. Let's smash it down and show them Vigil justice.
Talking to Crusader Thurkill after cinematic:
- Crusader Thurkill: A beautiful day for mortar shelling. First, fire the cannon, then kick in the door. Simple.
- Sounds like a plan.
As you fire at the door:
- Crusader Thurkill: Quickly, blast the door on the left.
- Crusader Thurkill: Good job! The door's starting to come apart. Another shot.
- Crusader Thurkill: That's almost got it. One more shot!
- Crusader Thurkill: Ambush! From beneath us. To arms!
After destroying APCs:
- Crusader Thurkill: Here come more dredge. Watch out—these are big ones.
After defeating the Dredge Mining Suits:
- Crusader Thurkill: The weapon must be in there. Let's find it and destroy it.
When approaching the prototype:
- Crusader Thurkill: Look there! That must be the prototype! Let's smash that big metal beast!
After destroying the prototype (cinematic):
- Crusader Thurkill: Scratch one prototype. That's how the Vigil handles things. That's why we get results.
- Crusader Thurkill: On behalf of my fallen comrades, I thank you. Now, what do you make of this little weapons factory?
- <Character name>: It looks as if there are parts here to build another, much bigger weapon.
- <Character name>: Whatever the dredge are planning to attack with the final weapon, it must be a huge target.
- Crusader Thurkill: You've a sharp eye. Prott did mention them stealing a book about architecture. The target may be a building.
- <Character name>: I'd like to inform Prott and Ifwyn about what we saw here. If we're to stop Vyacheslav and his plans, we'll need their input.
- Crusader Thurkill: Agreed. I'll meet you back in Hoelbrak. And Slayer? Don't forget my offer. You and the Vigil are made for each other.
Talking to Crusader Thurkill:
- Crusader Thurkill: You were amazing. With soldiers like you joining the Vigil, we'll have the dragons on their knees in no time.
- I haven't joined yet, though it's very tempting.
Speaking to the order representatives (cinematic):
- <Character name>: The dredge are definitely building another weapon, one big enough to shatter a mountain. I've seen the proof with my own eyes.
- <Character name>: Given the architectural tome they stole, I think Vyacheslav's target is a large building. But which one? Where is he going to strike?
- Scholar Prott: True. But a little research might get us this information. My contacts have intercepted a coded dredge message.
- Scholar Prott: I suspect it was being sent to Molengrad. If we break the code, we can figure out what the dredge are planning.
- Agent Ifwyn: We haven't got time for the Priory to crack that code. I have a spy inside a dredge settlement. Let's ask him for the information.
- Crusader Thurkill: I'll leave the intelligence gathering to you lot. The Vigil is ready to move on whatever you discover. In the meantime, we'll keep hunting Vyacheslav.
- Agent Ifwyn: We'll share what we learn with the Vigil, but first the slayer must decide how we're going to learn it: By breaking the code or debriefing the spy?
Talking to Eir:
- Eir Stegalkin: Things are starting to spiral out of control, Slayer. I'd hate to think what would happen if you weren't involved.
- The orders need help, and I'm happy to oblige.
Talking to the order representatives:
- Crusader Thurkill: Since I've got soldiers to muster, I'll leave you to the scholars and spies for now.
- Thanks, Thurkill.
- Scholar Prott: It's a complex code, and rather old. I wouldn't have thought the dredge capable of understanding it, much less creating it.
- Code Breaker) I'm with you, Prott. Anything they can code, we can crack. (leads to
- This is a real quandary. I need more time to decide.
- Agent Ifwyn: An Order of Whispers spy near Underburg has recently gone dark. Come with me and we'll find out what's happening.
- Sabotage) I'm ready. Let's go talk to your spy. (leads to
- I'm still undecided.
Talking to the representatives after deciding to go with the Order of Whispers:
- Agent Ifwyn: I knew you were smarter than the average hunter. Wait until our missing spy sees the Slayer of Issormir coming to his rescue.
- Hopefully he's still alive to tell us, what we need to know.
- Scholar Prott: Hmph. I hate to sound bitter, but a mind like yours is wasted on all that Order of Whispers intrigue.
- Maybe, but I'm determined to do this their way.
Talking to the representatives after deciding to go with the Durmand Priory:
- Agent Ifwyn: Don't get me wrong, the Priory often has excellent information. But your talents are wasted doing things their way.
- Maybe, but I have to try.
- Scholar Prott: This will be glorious. Between our code-cracker and you, I'd say the Priory is well on its way to solving this mystery.
- I certainly hope so.