The Stone Sheath
The Stone Sheath
- 1325 AE
- Personal story
- Order Neophyte
- False Lake
Find the stone sheath.
- Meet Sieran at False Lake.
- Search the submerged ruins for dwarven relics.
- Pick up the stone scabbard.
- Escape with the scabbard.
Click here to edit the reward data
- All professions
The instance begins at the north end of False Lake. After a short cutscene, the rest of the instance is underwater, within the lake. Move forward and it will start a cutscene. After talking to Sieran, start swimming in the lake. Ignore all the pirates as they pass (The pirates will continuously spawn). You can kill a few for more exp if you want to.
As you approach the next area, proximity mines will appear, so be wary of those. You can pretty much miss all the pirates and mines by hugging the east side of the lake, hopping up on to the land where possible. Dwarven relics are scattered around the ocean floor in the search area, just start picking them up and after about half a dozen you will be directed to the scabbard
You will find the scabbard located in a hut near a POI (Dwarves' Gloaming). To be more exact, at the tip of a small peak in the land that is close to a waypoint; which is in the east side of the area marked for search. After you get the sheath, escape to the last destination (essentially retracing your route back to the starting point - again keeping to the east can avoid all encounters).
- Note that when you do pick up the scabbard, there is very little fanfare. You may have it already and not know it - the "pick up the scabbard" quest directive for some reason appears below the existing highlighted goal
Meeting Sieran (cinematic):
- Magister Sieran: Isn't it amazing? Hundreds of years ago, this was a proud Stone Summit fortress.
- Magister Sieran: They were a group of xenophobic dwarves—cruel, brutal, and unyielding. They're the ones that enslaved the dredge... well, mostly.
- Magister Sieran: Now, look at it. Everything it stood for, both good and bad, has been washed away by time. I'm continually amazed at Tyria's resilience.
- Magister Sieran: The Stone Summit kept their most valued artifacts here. The Priory retrieved quite a bit—until those nasty pirates moved into the area.
- <Character name>: You think the scabbard's still down there?
- Magister Sieran: I'm sure of it, Novice! The question is, how do we convince the pirates to let us poke around? Buy them some beer? Oooo! Convince them we're just shrubs!
- <Character name>: I like the idea of convincing them, but I think we should use our "convincing" weapons. Come on.
After the cinematic:
- Magister Sieran: What could possibly go wrong! I defy those pirates to stop us. You hear me? Defy!
Talking to Sieran:
- I'm sure we'll find the scabbard here. The keep that stood here contained the Stone Summit's royal vault!
Where will these relics be located?
- At the bottom of the lake, somewhere out in the middle. Swim close to the bottom, and you'll spot them here and there.
- Can do. May I ask another question first?
- Good idea. I'll do that.
Why are these pirates here, anyway?
- False Lake was full of treasure before the Priory searched it. Still, what's left is worth a tidy sum to those with the patience to bring it up and sell it in Lion's Arch.
- Scavengers. Got it. Can I ask another question?
- Makes sense to me. Let's go.
Royal vault? What kind of treasures did it have?
- Oh—all sorts of things! Gems, jewels, platinum, magic items... Those dwarves took many trophies after their victories.
- Interesting. May I ask another question?
- Sounds fascinating! Thank you for the information.
- If anyone can find it, we can!
While searching for the scabbard:
- Magister Sieran: (sigh) I should have paid more attention in Magister Stonehealer's classes.
After successfully escaping the lake (cinematic):
- Magister Sieran: Now, that's what I call combat archaeology! Well done, Novice.
- <Character name>: We retrieved the scabbard. Now, how do we find the Sanguinary Blade?
- Magister Sieran: Oh, that's right! I totally forgot to tell you about that part. Oops.
- Magister Sieran: The arcanists back at the Priory used a scrying spell to track Steag. They told me that he's hiding near Black Barl's mill.
- Magister Sieran: We're also on double-secret probation. Turns out Gixx was mad about us not reporting after we went to the tomb.
- <Character name>: Wait, we were supposed to report in? Sieran!
- Magister Sieran: If we don't find Steag Frostbeard soon, the sword will corrupt everyone around him. It'll turn them all into monsters!
- <Character name>: We've got to hurry to Black Barl's mill. I'll meet you there. And Sieran? Don't "forget" to bring the scabbard.
- The relevant point of interest cannot be unlocked during this quest.
- If you go to Koolookuu, the quaggan village east, 4 quaggan guards will start following you and protect you throughout this quest.
- The line about "double-secret probation" is a reference to the movie Animal House.