Infusions are a type of upgrade component that go into infusion slots, which can be found on all ascended and legendary equipment except amulets, as well as in a few exotic back items and an exotic ring. Infusions are the primary source of agony resistance, which is important to survive the higher levels of Fractals of the Mists (although not all infusions provide agony resistance).
Types of Infusions
There are Five major types of infusions: Agony Infusions, Attribute Infusions, WvW Infusions, Swim-Speed Infusions, and Cosmetic Infusions.
- Attribute, WvW, and Certain Cosmetic Infusions are Account Bound on Acquire.
Basic Agony Infusions
Basic Agony Infusions provide from +1 to +30 Agony Resistance, and can be upgraded by Artificers or by trading with INFUZ-5959. Each Agony infusion level costs two of the previous level plus one Thermocatalytic Reagent, making higher level agony infusions exponentially expensive. There are few reasons to make or use agony infusions above +9.
Attribute Infusions 
Basic Attribute Infusion
These provide +4 to their respective attribute and are purchased from Laurel Merchants for 5 .
- These are generally not recommended, due to the scarcity of Laurels, all other Attribute infusions are +5 with additional benefits, and the chosen attribute cannot be modified.
Standard Attribute Infusion
Standard Attribute Infusions provide +5 to their respective attribute, and +5, +7 or +9 Agony Resistance.
- Mighty +5 Agony Infusion
- Precise +5 Agony Infusion
- Malign +5 Agony Infusion
- Resilient +5 Agony Infusion
- Vital +5 Agony Infusion
- Healing +5 Agony Infusion
- Mystical +5 Agony Infusion
- Spiteful +5 Agony Infusion
- Mighty +7 Agony Infusion
- Precise +7 Agony Infusion
- Malign +7 Agony Infusion
- Resilient +7 Agony Infusion
- Vital +7 Agony Infusion
- Healing +7 Agony Infusion
- Mystical +7 Agony Infusion
- Spiteful +7 Agony Infusion
- Mighty +9 Agony Infusion
- Precise +9 Agony Infusion
- Malign +9 Agony Infusion
- Resilient +9 Agony Infusion
- Vital +9 Agony Infusion
- Healing +9 Agony Infusion
- Mystical +9 Agony Infusion
- Spiteful +9 Agony Infusion
- +5 attribute infusions can be obtained from INFUZ-5959 for three +5 Agony Infusions + 5 Integrated Fractal Matrices.
- +7 attribute infusions can be obtained from INFUZ-5959 for three +7 Agony Infusions + 10 Integrated Fractal Matrices.
- +9 attribute infusions can be obtained from INFUZ-5959 for three +9 Agony Infusions + 20 Integrated Fractal Matrices.
- +5 and +7 attribute infusions can be upgraded to their next value through INFUZ-5959 by using 2 of the current attribute infusion with 6 agony infusions of the same value.
- +5 attribute infusions can be obtained from Basic Magnetite Exchange Operative for 75 Magnetite Shard + 15 gold.
- These Infusions provide their Attribute bonus in PvE modes as well as WvW.
- They do not provide any Agony Resistance, and cannot be modified to another attribute once purchased.
- Offensive versions provide +5 Power, Precision, Condition Damage or Expertise, and +1% Damage to Guards, Lords, and Supervisors.
- Defensive versions provide +5 Toughness, Vitality, Healing Power or Concentration, and -1% Damage taken from Guards, Lords, and Supervisors.
Cosmetic Attribute Infusions
- Costs for Cosmetic Infusions vary wildly, Some are relatively common and cost only slightly more than standard Attribute infusions, while the rarest trade for thousands of gold.
- Some Cosmetic Attribute Infusions are connected to achievements and Account Bound.
- Ghostly Infusion - Loot from Gorseval the Multifarious, or purchased from Scholar Glenna after having defeated Gorseval at least once.
- Peerless Infusion - Found in Qadim the Peerless's Coffer, Djinn Energy Cluster and sold by Scholar Glenna for Magnetite Shards.
- Chak Infusion - Crafted in the Mystic Forge using a Chak Egg Sac
- Liquid Aurillium Infusion - Crafted in the Mystic Forge using a Vial of Liquid Aurillium
- Queen Bee Infusion - Crafted in the Mystic Forge using a Preserved Queen Bee
- Festive Confetti Infusion - Chance from killing Choya Piñata
- Crystal Infusion - Chance from defeating Death-Branded Shatterer
- Heart of the Khan-Ur - Super Rare Drop from "Recovered" Charr Artifact
- Frost Legion Infusion - Crafted in the Mystic Forge using Tonics of Icebrood Corruption or completing the achievement The End of the Road
- Jormag Left and Right Eye Infusion, Primordus Left and Right Eye Infusion - Crafted in the Mystic Forge using Pristine Dragon's Left and Right Eye respectively.
- Echo of the Dragonvoid - Possible The Battle for the Jade Sea meta event reward (contained in Glob of Dragonvoid Aether)
- Ember Infusion - Loot from Trick-or-Treat Bags.
- Phospholuminescent Infusion - Loot from Trick-or-Treat Bags.
- Polysaturating Reverberating Infusion - Loot from Trick-or-Treat Bags.
- Polyluminescent Undulating Infusion - Crafted in the Mystic Forge with their respective Refractor.
- Winter's Heart Infusion - Loot from Wintersday Gifts.
- Snow Diamond Infusion - Loot from Wintersday Gifts.
- Toy-Shell Infusion - Loot from Wintersday Gifts.
- Moto's Unstable Bauble Infusion: Red - Complete The King Toad and The Crimson Assassin collection.
- Moto's Unstable Bauble Infusion: Blue - Complete The Storm Wizard collection.
- Celestial Infusion (Blue) - Loot from completing Shattered Observatory Fractal challenge mote or as a chance from Fractal Master's Chest.
- Celestial Infusion (Red) - Obtained from Celestial Infusion Chest from BLING-9009.
- Abyssal Infusion - Obtained from Abyssal Infusion Chest from BLING-9009.
- Deldrimor Stoneskin Infusion - Super Rare Drop from Deldrimor Supply Box or purchased from Tyrn Ironmaw for Tyrian Defense Seals or Merchant (Deldrimor) for Deldrimor Support Marks.
- Imperial Everbloom - Can be bought from Zazzl or dropped from EoD strike missions with challenge modes. Purchased infusions are account bound.
- Mystic Infusion - Chance from the Mystic Forge using 1 Ectoplasmic Stone + 3 armor or weapon (Rare or Exotic) [verification requested]
Swim-Speed Infusions are an infusion specific to ascended aquatic headgear. The +10 infusion is currently the smallest obtainable infusion of its type, and can be exchanged for larger ones with Dive Master Astora in Lion's Arch.
- Primary article: Stat changing#Infusions
|Infusion of the desired stat|
- Infusions are lost when upgrading ascended items in the Mystic Forge, since the original item is consumed in the crafting process. Make sure to use an Infusion Extraction Device before you upgrade the item if you wish to keep the infusion.
- When crafting the standard attribute infusions, it is cheaper to start by crafting the +5 attribute infusions and then use them to create a +7 one, and use two +7 to craft a +9, though the cost difference is really small.
|Cost to create one +5 attribute infusion||48||5||15|
|Cost to upgrade two +5 into one +7||192||10||180|
|Cost to create one +7 attribute infusion||192||10||189|
|Cost to upgrade four +5 into two +7 into one +9||768||20||738|
|Cost to upgrade two +7 into one +9||768||20||756|
|Cost to create one +9 attribute infusion||768||20||765|
- Infused equipment — Additional infusion slots for rings and backpacks
- Attuned equipment — A second additional infusion slot for rings
- Cosmetic aura — Infusions that change the cosmetic appearance
- Cosmetic aura/Aura stacking — infusion stacking and death animation
- Enrichment — a special upgrade slot only found on amulets (cannot be used for infusions)
- In Guild Wars, infusion was the process of imbuing armor pieces with magic to protect against the mursaat's Spectral Agony.
- Prior to the July 26, 2016 update, there were 5 infusion types: offensive, defensive, utility, versatile (omni), and agony. Versatile infusions could be placed in non-agony infusion slots. The update simplified the types to Infusions (offensive, defensive, versatile, and agony) and Enrichments (utility).