Infusions are a type of upgrade component that go into infusion slots, which can be found on all ascended and legendary equipment except amulets, as well as in a few exotic back items. Infusions are the primary source of agony resistance, which is important to survive the higher levels of Fractals of the Mists (although not all infusions provide agony resistance).
All the infusions from an equipment piece can be removed using an Infusion Extraction Device.
- 1 Types of Infusions
- 2 Conversion of Stats
- 3 Notes
- 4 See also
- 5 External links
- 6 Trivia
Types of Infusions
There are two major types of infusions: Agony Infusions and Attribute Infusions.
Basic Agony Infusions
Basic Agony Infusions provide from +1 to +30 Agony Resistance, and can be upgraded by Artificers or by trading with INFUZ-5959.
See Agony Infusion for an overview.
Simple Infusions provide +3, +5, or +7 Agony Resistance. The simple infusions function as a normal Agony Infusion.
The +5 and +7 simple infusions are no longer available for purchase however they still function. They were purchasable for Fractal Relics and can be refunded for 75 and 150 relics, respectively, at INFUZ-5959.
Basic Attribute Infusion
These provide +4 to their respective attribute and are purchased from Laurel Merchants for 5 .
Standard Attribute Infusion
Standard Attribute Infusions provide +5 to their respective attribute, and +5, +7 or +9 Agony Resistance. They can be obtained from INFUZ-5959 for three +5/+7/+9 Agony Infusions and 5/10/20 Integrated Fractal Matrices.
- Mighty +5 Agony Infusion
- Precise +5 Agony Infusion
- Malign +5 Agony Infusion
- Resilient +5 Agony Infusion
- Vital +5 Agony Infusion
- Healing +5 Agony Infusion
- Mystical +5 Agony Infusion
- Spiteful +5 Agony Infusion
- Mighty +7 Agony Infusion
- Precise +7 Agony Infusion
- Malign +7 Agony Infusion
- Resilient +7 Agony Infusion
- Vital +7 Agony Infusion
- Healing +7 Agony Infusion
- Mystical +7 Agony Infusion
- Spiteful +7 Agony Infusion
- Mighty +9 Agony Infusion
- Precise +9 Agony Infusion
- Malign +9 Agony Infusion
- Resilient +9 Agony Infusion
- Vital +9 Agony Infusion
- Healing +9 Agony Infusion
- Mystical +9 Agony Infusion
- Spiteful +9 Agony Infusion
The +5 and +7 attribute infusions can be upgraded to their next value through INFUZ-5959 by using 2 of the current attribute infusion with 6 agony infusions of the same value.
The +9 attribute infusions can be changed to other stats in the mystic forge with 2 integrated matrices, 25-150 T6 mats and an Anthology of Heroes.
Special Attribute Infusions
- Ghostly Infusion - Loot from Gorseval the Multifarious, or purchased from Scholar Glenna after having defeated Gorseval at least once.
- Celestial Infusion (Blue) - Loot from completing Shattered Observatory Fractal challenge mote or as a chance from Fractal Master's Chest.
- Celestial Infusion (Red) - Obtained from Celestial Infusion Chest from BLING-9009.
- Moto's Unstable Bauble Infusion: Blue - Complete The Storm Wizard collection.
- Moto's Unstable Bauble Infusion: Red - Complete The King Toad collection.
- Phospholuminescent Infusion - Loot from Trick-or-Treat Bags.
- Winter's Heart Infusion - Loot from Wintersday Gifts.
- Snow Diamond Infusion - Loot from Wintersday Gifts.
- Chak Infusion - Crafted in the Mystic Forge using a Chak Egg Sac
- Liquid Aurillium Infusion - Crafted in the Mystic Forge using a Vial of Liquid Aurillium
- Queen Bee Infusion - Crafted in the Mystic Forge using a Preserved Queen Bee
- Festive Confetti Infusion - Chance from killing Choya Pinata
- Poly-luminescent Undulating Infusion - Crafted in the Mystic Forge with their respective Refractor.
These infusions have a Mystic Forge recipe that can change the attribute bonus they provide.
WvW InfusionsThere are two versions of Attribute WvW Infusions, Offensive and Defensive. Both are purchased from WvW Laurel Merchants for 5 + , or from a Battle Historian for +
Offensive versions provide +5 Power, Precision, or Condition Damage, and +1% Damage to Guards, Lords, and Supervisors.
Defensive versions provide +5 Toughness, Vitality, or Healing Power, and -1% Damage taken from Guards, Lords, and Supervisors.
Conversion of Stats
- +9 Agony Resistance, +5 (Stat) Infusions can be converted in the Mystic Forge using the same recipes as: Celestial Infusion (Red) by substituting the Celestial Infusion in the recipe for the Infusion you want to convert.
- +5/+7 Agony Resistance, +5 (Stat) Infusions cannot be converted.
- For Special Attribute Infusions refer to their respective wiki pages.
- Infusions are lost when upgrading ascended items in the Mystic Forge, since the original item is consumed in the crafting process. Make sure to use an Infusion Extraction Device before you do so.
- When crafting the standard attribute infusions, it is cheaper to start by crafting the +5 attribute infusions and then use them to create a +7 one, and use two +7 to craft a +9, though the cost difference is really small.
|Cost to create one +5 attribute infusion||48||5||15|
|Cost to upgrade two +5 into one +7||192||10||180|
|Cost to create one +7 attribute infusion||192||10||189|
|Cost to upgrade four +5 into two +7 into one +9||768||20||738|
|Cost to upgrade two +7 into one +9||768||20||756|
|Cost to create one +9 attribute infusion||768||20||765|
- In Guild Wars, infusion was the process of imbuing armor pieces with magic to protect against the mursaat's Spectral Agony.
- Prior to the July 26, 2016 update, there were 5 infusion types: offensive, defensive, utility, versatile (omni), and agony. Versatile infusions could be placed in non-agony infusion slots. The update simplified the types to Infusions (offensive, defensive, versatile, and agony) and Enrichments (utility).
- The Versatile Bounteous Infusion is an unimplemented infusion that appears in the API.