Conditions are negative effects that provide damage and control, playing a major role in combat. For players, conditions are primarily inflicted through use of skills and traits. NPC foes often inflict conditions on some of their attacks and they may also be applied through environmental effects or other mechanics. All conditions have effect stacking, with most conditions stacking in duration while bleeding, confusion, and torment stack in intensity. Conditions are balanced in respect to their effectiveness: bleeding and weakness are relatively common and provide weak effects while immobilize and fear are rare and provide strong effects. Some conditions may be more common to some professions than others, characterizing the role for the profession.
In addition to conditions, all professions have access to condition removal skills. All professions have a healing skill that provides condition removal apart from the mesmer, who requires Mender's Purity. For generic condition removal, the most recently applied condition or conditions will be removed first. The condition is removed independent of the intensity, so 3 stacks and 25 stacks of bleeding are equivalent when considering condition removal.
The duration of conditions is rounded to the nearest quarter of a second in skill tooltips, but the actual duration is not rounded. The duration of conditions on enemies can be increased through the Condition Duration attribute. Some items having negative Condition Duration bonuses will reduce the duration of conditions inflicted by enemies. Condition duration bonuses obtained from runes are not shown on skill tooltips, but do increase the durations.
Condition damage is separate from direct damage. Damage caused by conditions ignore armor and other effects that reduce damage, such as protection. Outgoing damage from conditions can be increased by the Condition Damage secondary attribute. It is important to note that conditions only inflict damage over time in one second intervals and any remaining fractional seconds are ignored.
- 1 List of conditions
- 2 Related skills
- 3 Related traits
- 4 Related equipment
- 5 Related consumables
- 6 See also
List of conditions
|Bleeding||Deals damage every second; stacks intensity.|
|Blind||Next outgoing attack misses; stacks duration.|
|Burning||Deals damage every second; stacks duration.|
|Chilled||Movement speed decreased by 66%; skill cooldown increased by 66%; stacks duration.|
|Confusion||Damage received on skill activation; stacks intensity.|
|Crippled||Movement speed decreased by 50%; stacks duration.|
|Fear||Involuntary retreat; unable to act; stacks duration.|
|Immobilized||Unable to move; stacks duration.|
|Poison||Deals damage every second; heal potency decreased by 33%; stacks duration.|
|Torment||Deals damage every second. Deals additional damage to moving foes. Stacks intensity.|
|Vulnerability||Defense is decreased; stacks intensity.|
|Weakness||Endurance regeneration decreased by 50%. 50% of hits are Glancing Blows (50% damage). Stacks duration.|
Many skills apply or remove specific conditions. To find skills related to a specific condition, refer to the page on that condition.
The following are skills related to non-specific conditions.
Skills that remove conditions
- Signet of Resolve; 1 every 10 seconds (passive)
- Mending; 3
- Ether Renewal; 1 per pulse (pulses 8 times over 4 seconds)
- Consume Conditions; all
- Elixir C (Elixir C) — Drink Elixir C, converting all conditions into random boons.
- Smite Condition — Cure a condition and damage nearby foes. More damage if a condition is cured.
- Contemplation of Purity — Convert the conditions you are suffering from into boons.
- Signet of Stamina — Passive: Grants faster endurance regeneration.
Active: Cure all conditions.
- Signet of Renewal — Passive: Cures a condition every ten seconds.
Active: Your pet pulls all conditions from nearby allies to itself.
- Shadow Return — Return to your starting location and cure three conditions.
- Cleansing Fire — Cure three conditions and burn foes.
- Signet of Water — Passive: Cures a condition every ten seconds.
Active: Chill your foe.
- Prayer to Kormir — Beseech Kormir to remove 3 conditions from you.
- Cleansing Flame — Breathe magical flames that damage foes and cure conditions on allies.
- Ray of Judgment — Pass a ray over foes and allies. Foes are damaged and blinded. Allies gain regeneration and cure one condition.
- Cleansing Wave — Heal yourself and nearby allies, curing a condition.
- Healing Rain — Call down a healing rain on the target area, granting regeneration to allies and curing conditions once every three seconds.
- Purify — Release an orb of cleansing light that cures conditions on allies it passes through. Detonate it to burn foes and cure conditions on allies in the blast radius.
- Purifying Blast — Detonate the orb to burn foes and cure conditions on allies in the blast radius.
- Cleansing Burst (Healing Turret) — Overcharge your healing turret, supplying a burst of healing that cures two conditions.
- Drop Antidote (Med Kit) — Drop a vial of antidote that cures a condition.
- Healing Spring — Create a spring that heals you, your pet, and your allies. It also cures conditions on allies.
- Bow of Truth — Summon an arcane bow to cure conditions on you and your allies.
- Purging Flames — Create a ring of fire that burns foes and cures conditions on allies.
- "Shake It Off!" — Cure a condition on yourself and nearby allies. Also breaks stuns.
- Signet of Agility — Passive: Grants increased precision.
Active: Refill endurance and cure a condition for each nearby ally.
- Null Field — Create a field of energy that rips all boons from foes, and cures all conditions on allies.
- Phantasmal Disenchanter — Summon an illusion that removes boons from foes and cures conditions on allies.
- Power Cleanse (Mantra of Resolve) — Remove conditions from you and nearby allies.
- Purifying Ribbon (Tome of Courage) — Release a ribbon of light that bounces to nearby enemies and allies, curing conditions on each ally hit and blinding each foe hit.
- Nature's Renewal (Spirit of Nature) — Command your spirit of nature to revive and cure conditions on nearby downed allies.
- Grim Specter (Lich Form) — Lose all conditions and send out a claw that explodes at the target area. The claw and explosion rip boons from foes and cure conditions on allies.
- Cleansing Leaves (Avatar of Melandru) — Shake, removing conditions from nearby allies.
- Fumigate (from Elixir Gun) — Spray a cone of elixir fumes, inflicting poison and vulnerability to foes and curing conditions on allies with every strike.
- Super Elixir (Elixir Gun) — One condition from allies in area, unlisted effect.
- Toss Elixir R (Elixir R) — Toss Elixir R, curing conditions and reviving allies.
- Blessing of Kormir (Prayer to Kormir) — Beseech Kormir to remove one condition from your allies at the target location.
- Shake It Off (Juvenile Brown Bear) — Cure a condition on yourself and all nearby allies.
Skills that transfer conditions
- "Save Yourselves!"; all from allies to self
- Signet of Renewal; all from nearby allies to pet (active)
- Arcane Thievery; up to 3 from self to target foe
- Epidemic; all copied from target foe to nearby foes
- Plague Signet; all from allies to self (passive), all from self to target foe (active)
Skills that transform boons into conditions
Skills that transform conditions into boons
- Contemplation of Purity; all on self
- Elixir C; all on self
- Well of Power; multiple per pulse on allies in the area
Skills that Benefit from Conditions on Foes
- Feast of Corruption; Damage per condition: 8%
To see the traits which relate to a specific condition, refer to the page on that condition. The following is a list of traits related to non-specific conditions
Traits that remove conditions
- Absolute Resolution – three conditions from self upon activating Virtue of Resolve
- Inscribed Removal – one condition from self upon activating signets
- Purity – one condition from self every 10 seconds
- Shrug It Off - one condition from allies when you have more than one condition
- Cleansing Ire - one condition for every bar of adrenaline spent
- Cleaning Formula 409 – one condition from allies affected by elixirs
- Evasive Purity – two conditions (blind & poison) from self upon dodge rolling
- Survival of the Fittest – two conditions when using a Survival skill.
- Shadow's Embrace – one condition every three seconds from self while in stealth
- Burning Fire - three conditions when you have three conditions
- Cleansing Water – one condition from person affected by regeneration
- Cleansing Wave – one condition from allies upon attuning to water
- Evasive Arcana – casts Cleansing Wave at the end of a dodge while attuned to water
- Cleansing Conflagration – multiple conditions from allies affected by torch skills
- Cleansing Inscriptions – one condition from self upon activating signets
- Mender's Purity – two conditions from self upon healing
- Shattered Conditions – one condition from self upon activating shatter skills
- Shrouded Removal – one condition from self upon entering Death Shroud
- Spiteful Removal – three conditions from self upon killing a foe
Traits that affect conditions on foes
- Expertise Training (increases damage of conditions from pets)
- Malicious Training (increases duration of conditions from pets)
- Trap Potency (increases duration of conditions from traps)
- Lingering Curse (increases duration of conditions from scepter skills)
Traits that benefit from conditions on foes
- Radiant Power — Deal more damage to foes inflicted with conditions.
- Modified Ammunition — Increases damage for each condition on a foe.
- Exposed Weakness — Deal more damage if your target has a condition.
- Target the Weak — Increases damage for each condition on a foe.
Traits that transfer conditions
- Empathic Bond – three conditions from self to pet every interval
- Fetid Consumption – all conditions from self to minions
Traits that transform conditions into boons
- Pure of Voice – on allies affected by shouts
- Quick Breathing - 1 upon using a warhorn skill
- Transmute - randomly on incoming conditions
Traits that reduces condition duration
- Automated Response Duration decreased: 50% (upon health reaching 33%)
Traits that grant immunity to conditions
- Diamond Skin (while health is above 90%)
To find equipment related to a specific condition, refer to the page on that condition. Following is a list of equipment that affects non-specific conditions.
Upgrade components that remove conditions
- Superior Rune of the Trooper (rank 6); 1 on allies affected by a shout.
- Superior Rune of Lyssa (rank 6); 5 conditions converted into boons on elite skill.
- Superior Sigil of Purity; 1, chance on hit.
- Superior Sigil of Cleansing; Remove 1 condition when you swap to this weapon while in combat.
Upgrade components that transfer conditions to enemies
- Sigil of Generosity; One condition transferred to one enemy, chance on critical hit.
Upgrade components that affect conditions on self
- Rune of Hoelbrak (rank 6); -20% condition duration.
- Rune of Melandru (rank 2); -10% condition duration.
- Rune of Melandru (rank 6); -15% condition duration.
- Superior Rune of Resistance (rank 2); -5% condition duration.
- Superior Rune of Resistance (rank 4); -10% condition duration.
To find consumables related to a specific condition, refer to the page on that condition. Following is a list of consumables that affect non-specific conditions
Consumables that remove conditions
- Bowl of Poultry Stock: 20% chance to remove a condition upon healing
- Bowl of Poultry Noodle Soup: 20% chance to remove a condition upon healing
- Bowl of Savory Spinach and Poultry Soup: 30% chance to remove a condition when using heal skill
- Bowl of Herbed Poultry Stock: 50% chance to remove a condition when using heal skill
- Bowl of Kale and Poultry Soup: 50% chance to remove a condition when using heal skill
- Bowl of Hearty Poultry Soup: 60% chance to remove a condition when using heal skill
- Bowl of Saffron-scented Poultry Soup: 100% chance to remove a condition when using heal skill