From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
Flanking refers to positioning oneself behind or to the side of a target, where they are more vulnerable to attacks and where the attacker is in a relatively safer position. A flanking attack is one made from a flanking position.
- Serpent's Strike (sword) — Do an evasive roll around your target, striking them and poisoning them.
- Death Blossom (dagger+dagger) — Do an evasive attack over your opponent, striking nearby enemies three times. Each hit causes bleeding.
- Flanking Strike (sword+dagger) — Evade and stab your foe.
- Flanking Strike (spear) — Evade your foe and then attack, applying vulnerability to your target.
Skills affected by flanking attacks
- Crossfire (short bow) — Fire an arrow that bleeds your target. Attacks are stronger from behind or from the side.
- Poison Volley (short bow) — Fire a spread of five poison arrows. Poison lasts longer if you are flanking or behind the target.
- Crippling Shot (short bow) — Fire an arrow that cripples your target. If you are flanking or behind your target, immobilize them. Your pet's next three attacks inflict bleeding.
- Concussion Shot (short bow) — Daze your foe with an arrow. Stun them if you hit from behind or from the side.
- Hilt Bash (greatsword) — Daze your foe with a hilt bash. Stun them if you hit from behind, and refresh your Maul ability.
- Backstab (dagger) — Attack your foe from the shadows, striking for double damage if you hit from behind.
- Tactical Strike (sword) — Blind your foe by bashing them with your sword hilt. Daze them instead if you attack from behind.
Traits that affect flanking attacks
- Hunter's Tactics — Increased chance to critically strike while attacking from behind or the side.
- Flanking Strikes — Gain Haste when attacking a foe from behind or from the side.
- Side Strike — Gain bonus critical-hit chance when hitting a foe from behind or the side.
Upgrade components that affect flanking attacks
- Superior Rune of the Thief (rank 6 – increases damage dealt by 10% while flanking.)