The Queen's Gauntlet, held in arenas floating above The Crown Pavilion, is a set of challenging battles that pit the player against unique bosses in single-combat. Cheer on your friends or show off your skills to the world. Take a risk with special gambit conditions to earn even more prestigious rewards!
From the center of The Crown Pavilion instance, follow any of the six dividing walkways to the outer ring. On the outer ring there are three ramps leading up to the Gauntlet arenas.
Entering the Queen's Gauntlet requires entering a queue with the Fight Manager, which requires one Queen's Gauntlet Entrance Ticket. The Fight Manager will allow you to select any of the foes that you have either beaten or unlocked. As there are only a limited number of arenas in the instance and only one player can be in an arena at a time, expect to wait a bit before entering. You then talk to the Ringmaster to enter the fight.
The actual fight features, usually, a single boss with a unique mechanic. There is a two minute timer for completing the fight; end-bosses for each tier have longer timers. Should a player fail to complete the fight before two minute have elapsed, the floor of the arena will open, sending them plummeting to their death in the event zones below. After their humiliating defeat, fallen players will then be teleported back to the Arena Master for the arena from where they were just dumped.
Not all fights are designed to be beatable by every build and some fights will be easier on certain professions than others. Tinkering with your build or weapons or bringing another character may be necessary for some fights.
Extra challenges can be added to the fights by talking to the Master of Gambits. Activating individual gambits costs one Queen's Gauntlet Entrance Ticket each. These gambits put a unique disadvantage on the player, but give increased rewards for each one active and can reward different achievements. Players can have as many or as few gambits active as they desire, as long as they have the tickets to spend.
- Crowd Favorite
- Fight an additional opponent at the same time.
- You cannot dodge roll and will always have zero endurance.
- All damage from attacks is increased.
- You will be crippled for the entire fight.
- On Fire
- You will have the fire debuff for the entire fight.
- All damage you do is reduced.
- Halmi Hammerfell
- Strong attacks, has a big wind-up attack that is easy to read, but is lethal for those standing in an arc in front of him. Dodge or get behind him when he charges up his frontal hammer attack.
- Gains a stack of Hormonal Imbalance every time he is attacked (up to a maximum of 10 stacks). Each stack makes him physically bigger and more powerful. He loses stacks after being left alone for several seconds.
- Windcaller Kieldia
- Has knockback effects. One is an AoE knockback often followed by a second ground projectile knockback. Stun her and kill her quickly as she will continue to also summon progressively more tornados that deal significant damage and also knockback. Stability can greatly help.
- Suriel the Blazing Light
- Summons shadowy pools that deal damage but grant the Shrouded in Darkness buff. Will occasionally use her Solar Flare special ability, which is lethal to anyone lacking Shrouded in Darkness. Suriel also has a buff called Blazing Light which makes her immune to damage until she enters one of the shadow pools.
- Tyre Ragemaw
- Deals more damage as his health lowers. Inflicts cripple.
- Extremely high health. Collect the red orbs to gain stacks of Bloodlust.
- Throws fire projectiles and hits hard, but is easily strafed. Save your dodges for when you're trapped in the fire ring, because strafing is harder while in the ring. Leaving the ring (Skills like Blink, Endure Pain and Lightning Flash included) will result in you being downed, however, a skill that grants you invulnerability, for example Mist Form, will allow you to safely leave the circle.
- The crew of the pirate ship Ravenous
- Each crew mate grants a unique buff to the others when defeated. They also heal all allies to full health at the time of granting the buff.
- Subject 7
- Every time it is hit, Subject 7 will separate into Oozes that can heal it as well as attack. Both Subject 7 and its spawn use ranged attacks and cripple the player. Strafing around the edge of the arena will lead the oozes to group in the middle for AoE damage and easier mitigation of their projectile attacks.
- Deadeye Dunwell
- From the start, the arena is littered with proximity mines. Dunwell teleports between melee range and to the other edge of the arena. He deals more damage the farther away he is and also uses an unblockable ranged attack that does extremely high damage. It therefore must be dodged or endured with a skill that grants invulnerability. The attack is easy to spot: Dunwell kneels and takes aim, a laser sight points from him to the player, a target appears on the player, and a 'charging up' sound effect plays. The duration of the charge is about 1.5 seconds.
- Strugar and Chomper
- Both deal close-range damage. Strugar throws axes which will either cripple or pull the player. He also throws 'Meat Chunk' and 'Meat on a Stick,' which Chomper will try to eat to gain health and 'Bloodlust' (extra damage). The player can gain 'Bloodlust' and health by picking up 'Meat Chunk,' but 'Meat on a Stick' will poison the player. Killing Strugar before Chomper will grant Chomper 'Meaty Rage,' increasing his damage and speed, and unlocking a lethal charge-up attack. Killing Chomper prompts Strugar to use 'Calladhog,' a sword that gives him more attack abilities and damage. It is generally easier to kill Strugar first because he does not heal, and while Chomper is fetching the meat he does no damage to the player.
- Liadri the Concealing Dark
- Liadri has two phases. In phase one, she is protected by 3 stacks of an effect that make her invulnerable while she periodically summons an AoE attack that covers a 4th of the arena and inflicts massive damage. Cosmic Rifts also spawn, often in this attack's effect range, and pull and knock down the player. The rifts can be destroyed, however. Liadri also summons slow-moving dark clones of herself called 'Vision of Mortality' that do not attack but will down the player if they get close. The Visions can be killed instantly by leading them into whirlpools of light that appear on the floor like the dark whirlpools encountered in the fight with Suriel the Blazing Light. When a Vision enters a whirlpool, both disappear and an Orb of Light appears at the same location. Picking it up and targeting Liadri with the skill it gives will remove a stack of her invulnerability. After Liadri's protection is gone she will take damage, but her AoE attack covers twice the area and she becomes mobile and uses more attacks, which cripple and weaken the player.
|Light's Out||The Queen's Gauntlet||5|
|Defeat Liadri the Concealing Dark. Does not contribute to completing the meta-achievement.||Defeated Liadri the Concealing Dark.||5|
|Queen's Gauntlet Champion||The Queen's Gauntlet||40|
| Complete 11 of the Queen's Gauntlet achievements.
||11 Queen's Gauntlet Achievements Completed||40|
|Humble Victor||The Queen's Gauntlet||15|
|Win a third tier challenge with active Frailty and Squeamish gambits.||1 Frail and Squeamish Victories||15|
|Light Snuffer||The Queen's Gauntlet||10|
| Complete the first tier of the Queen's Gauntlet.
||1 Suriel the Blazing Light Kills||10|
|Blobs, Schmobs||The Queen's Gauntlet||10|
|Defeat Subject 7 without killing any oozes.||1 Ooze-Sparing Subject 7 Kills||10|
|Risk Taker||The Queen's Gauntlet||5|
|Win 1 third tier match with an active gambit.||1 Third Tier Gambit Victories||5|
|Pirate Punisher||The Queen's Gauntlet||15|
| Complete the second tier of the Queen's Gauntlet.
||1 Ravenous Crew Defeats||15|
|Blood Sport Enthusiast||The Queen's Gauntlet||5|
|Unlock 1 gambit.||Unlocked 1 Gambit||5|
|High Stakes Gambler||The Queen's Gauntlet||20|
|Win 1 third tier matches with five active gambits.||1 Five Gambit, Third Tier Victories||20|
|Darkness Illuminator||The Queen's Gauntlet||20|
| Complete the third tier of the Queen's Gauntlet.
||1 Liadri the Concealing Darkness Kills||20|
|Blood Sport Connoisseur||The Queen's Gauntlet||10|
|Unlock 7 gambits.||Unlocked 7 gambits||10|
|Light Up the Darkness||The Queen's Gauntlet||20|
|Defeat Liadri the Concealing Dark after striking her with eight orbs of blazing light.||1 Liadri Blazing Light Kills||20|
|Savage Brute||The Queen's Gauntlet||5|
|Defeat Masticus with max stacks of Bloodlust active.||1 Bloodlust Masticus Kills||5|
|Doobrosh Tranquilizer||The Queen's Gauntlet||5|
|Defeat Doobroosh after he gains max stacks of Hormonal Imbalance.||1 Hormonally-Imbalanced Doobroosh Kills||5|
|Triple Threat||The Queen's Gauntlet||15|
|Win 1 third tier matches with three active gambits.||1 Three Gambit, Third Tier Victories||15|
|Candle in the Wind||The Queen's Gauntlet||5|
|Defeat Windcaller Kieldia with On Fire gambit active.||Defeated Windcaller Kieldia 1 Times While On Fire||5|
|First Blood||The Queen's Gauntlet||5|
|Defeat 1 Queen's Gauntlet opponents.||Defeated 1 Opponents||5|