Activities are fun minigames by which you can participate in things you can't normally do in the game. You can find them throughout Tyria, especially during holidays.
An activity is a mini-game designed to fit in with the local area. They provide an identical challenge to characters of all levels, and usually switch out weapon skills for new ones specific to the activity. While most involve some sort of PvP, not all involve player competition and can be a fun activity to do alone or with others (depending on the activity). Festivals tend to involve at least one activity.
Daily activitiesThe current daily activity, which may be displayed by hovering over the map icon, consists of four activities:
- Current cycle
|Day of week||Activity|
Activities change with the daily reset at 00:00 UTC.
Current time: 02:03
Although players may play an activity an unlimited number of times, daily activity credit is available only once per day. Accessing an activity is done by talking to any of the following NPCs:
- Activity Lead Cassi: Grand Piazza (Lion's Arch)
- Baasim: Lily of the Elon (Bay of Elon)
- Brewer: Biergarten (Hoelbrak)
- Edinna Linhoft: Havoc's Heir (Snowblind Peaks)
- Ela: Champion's Rest (Hall of Memories)
- Hawker Annika: Lava Lounge (Osprey Pillars)
- Nareesa: Armistice Bastion (The Mists)
- Sanctuary Krewe: Mistlock Sanctuary (The Mists)
- Zephyrite [Aspect Arena]: Bazaar Docks (Labyrinthine Cliffs)
- Zephyrite [Sanctum Sprint]: Bazaar Docks (Labyrinthine Cliffs)
Activity Lead Cassi is only activity NPC that grants access to all activities who is not in a lounge, and Karlotta and the Brewer do not provide direct access to the other activities if the activity they are near is not the daily one.
List of activities
These activities are associated with one or more achievements. Those marked with a † are also part of the current rotation for the Daily achievement category.
- Belcher's Bluff (anywhere, via Belcher's Bluff Kits) and the Home instance located in most Cities.
- Costume Brawl (anywhere, via various tonics, Boxes o' Fun, or certain toys)
- Crab Toss† (Lion's Arch rotation) (Southsun Cove)
- Keg Brawl† (Lion's Arch rotation) (Hoelbrak)
- Sanctum Sprint† (Lion's Arch rotation)
- Southsun Survival† (Lion's Arch rotation) (Southsun Cove)
These activities are only available during their respective holidays:
- Mad King's Clock Tower, available during Halloween
- Winter Wonderland, available during Wintersday
- Bell Choir Ensemble, available during Wintersday
- Snowball Mayhem, available during Wintersday
- Toypocalypse, available during Wintersday
- Dragon Ball Arena, available during Lunar New Year
- Celestial Challenge, available during Lunar New Year
These scavenger hunts grant explorer achievements upon their first completion:
- Cleaning Up the Neighborhood (Ebonhawke)
- Diving (Various Locations)
- Marriner Plaque (mostly Lion's Arch)
- Speedy Reader (Ebonhawke)
- Coin Collector: Prospect Valley (Dry Top)
- Coin Collector: Uplands (Dry Top)
- Coin Collector: Challenger Cliffs (Dry Top)
- Lost Badges (The Silverwastes)
- Go for the Gold (The Silverwastes)
- Lion's Arch Exterminator (Lion's Arch)
Other types of games
These mini-games are permanent part of Guild Wars 2, but do not count for the daily activities or any other achievements:
These items can be used anywhere to begin an activity.
Historical and recurring activities
These activities were first available during their respective in-game release(s). Some of them become available again later, for example as part of the daily activity rotation.
|Aspect Arena||Team-based PvP||Labyrinthine Cliffs||July 23, 2013|
|Basket Brawl||Team-based PvP||Lion's Arch||August 23, 2016|
|Beacons of Kryta||Scavenger hunt (timed)||Divinity's Reach||August 06, 2013|
|Bell Choir Ensemble||Non-combat, musical activity||Lion's Arch||December 14, 2012||During Wintersday|
|Crab Toss||Free-for-all PvP||Southsun Cove||May 14, 2013||On daily rotation†|
|Dragon Ball||Team-based PvP||Lion's Arch||June 11, 2013||During Lunar New Year.|
|Keg Brawl||Team-based PvP||Hoelbrak||On daily rotation†|
|Lessons from the Sky||Scavenger hunt||Labyrinthine Cliffs||July 09, 2013|
|Lunatic Inquisition||Team-based PvP||Mad King's Realm||October 22, 2012||During Halloween|
|Moa Racing||Betting||June 11, 2013||
Removed with Escape from Lion's Arch.
Reintroduced for Dragon Bash 2019.
|Reaper's Rumble||Team-based PvP||Mad King's Realm||October 22, 2012|
|Sanctum Sprint||Racing game||Labyrinthine Cliffs||July 09, 2013||On daily rotation†|
|Snowball Mayhem||Team-based PvP||Lion's Arch||December 14, 2012||During Wintersday|
|Southsun Survival||Free-for-all PvP||Southsun Cove||July 23, 2013||On daily rotation†|
|Toypocalypse||Tower defense||Lion's Arch||December 14, 2012||During Wintersday|
- † The four activities that are part of the daily rotation can be started by speaking with one of the activity NPCs marked with the icon.
- Formerly, the name of the activity NPC in Lion's Arch varied with the activity.
- Only the daily activity that is on rotation for the day counts towards the Daily Activity Participation.
- Some festival activities, such as Bell Choir, count for Daily Activity Participation.
- Before launch, ArenaNet suggested that they had plans for as many as 30 activities or mini-games, but only a few have been implemented. Previously mentioned ideas include: Archery/Target Range., Bar Brawl, Polymock, Smash 'Em Up., and an unknown activity that involves shooting mini golems that explode.  With the introduction of Heart of Thorns, some of these ideas seem to be have been implemented in the Adventures that players have access to upon completing various events or reaching areas in the Heart of Maguuma.