- This article is about the game mechanic. For other uses, see Repair.
Repairs is a game mechanic that removes the penalty for being defeated.
When defeated, one random piece of equipped armor (including back items and breathing apparatuses) will become damaged. This has no negative effect on the character - damaged armor still provides its full defense and attribute bonuses.
After all equipped pieces of armor are damaged, items will randomly become broken when defeated. Broken armor provides no attribute or defense bonuses, but upgrade components continue to provide their normal effects.
Damaging and breaking armor does not occur when:
- Defeated due to falling damage.
- Defeated in World versus World when Outnumbered.
- The character is under level 10. [verification requested]
The current state or status of a character's armor may be displayed using the equipment tab of the Hero panel. Damaged armor is indicated by a yellow shield over the item icon. Broken armor is indicated by a red shield over the item icon and is not displayed on the character.
Damaged and broken equipment may be repaired at no cost:
- anvils will repair all damaged and broken armor, both equipped and in the character's inventory when interacted with. Equipment Repairs NPCs and
- Instant Repair Canister will repair all damaged and broken equipment that is currently equipped.
- Endless Repair Canister Double-click to instantly repair broken or damaged armor.
- Have any damaged armor? I'll fix it right up!
- If the character has damaged armor:
Great, fix me up!
- Good as new! Unless you start up bear-wrangling, this should last you a while.
- That won't be a problem. Thanks.
- Before unlocking the repair function on your character:
What do you mean by "damaged" armor?
- You don't have to worry about this yet, but suffering a defeat in battle will damage your armor. Visit me and I'll have you up and running in no time!
- I'd like to sell a few things. (same as below)
I'd like to sell a few things.
- All right, show me your wares.
- You mentioned armor repairs.
- That's all I needed. Thanks.
- No, thanks.
- Amulets, rings, accessories and weapons cannot be damaged.
- If defeated underwater, breathing apparatuses may be damaged instead of head piece.
- Swapping equipped damaged armor for undamaged armor in your inventory will prevent it from becoming broken.
- If you are defeated while wearing Diving Goggles and apparently stripped of all equipment, a random piece of armor will be damaged anyway.