The zone introduces a modified version of renown hearts, which reset daily and can be re-completed for further rewards. Ember Bay also features Thermal Tubes, which require the new Thermal Propulsion mastery and blasts users to a location a large distance away.
Like most of the Living World Season 3 zones, Ember Bay is not directly connected to neighboring areas. In order to reach it, players can use one of the following methods:
- Use an Ember Bay Portal Scroll.
- Use a Lava Lounge Pass/Lava Lounge Pass (2 weeks).
- Complete the Rising Flames instance Taimi's Game - the first story step of Episode 2 from Living World Season 3.
- Use a Teleport to Friend while having unlocked the area on the account. You must have Episode 2 from Living World Season 3 unlocked first. Otherwise you get the way point added to your map but get zoned back to your original location and can not use the way point.
- Unbound Magic is found throughout the map and is dropped by various enemies and events.
- Petrified Wood can be gathered from Petrified Stump nodes throughout the map and as event rewards. The 5 renown heart vendors will also sell a bundle of 3 Petrified Wood for karma once the heart is completed, available once for each character daily. These are needed to buy special items from renown heart vendors.
- Skritt Worker Contracts are used to search Skritt Stashes for items. They can be purchased for karma and 1 Petrified Wood each after completing the Help the skritt encampment renown heart.
- Circus Vouchers are used to buy Carnival weapons at a 20% reduced price (with 10 vouchers required for each discounted weapon). These can be purchased for karma by completing the Win the favor of the circus renown heart, limited to 1 voucher for each character daily.
Map of Routes
- Escort the disillusioned skritt to their new home (80)
- Help the trapped skritt by breaking defiance on the roots holding them (80)
- Defeat the Molten Dominator (80) [Group Event]
- Defeat the dragon minions before they absorb too much ley-line magic (80)
- Defeat the coalescence to disperse the ley-line magic (17, 22, 24, 42, 45, 50, 65, 67, 80) [Group Event]
- Kill the Imbued Destroyer Champion (80) [Group Event]
- Kill the rock drake broodmother (80)
- Feed the sloth plant with full buckets of fresh water and rolling devil fertilizer (80)
- Power up Ahadd's golem by defeating amplified Destroyers and delivering their cores (80)
- Protect the energy relays to help Smoosh-a-Tron defeat Vermignus (80) [Group Event]
- Defeat jade constructs and destroy other mursaat defenses (80)
- Defeat the Pyroclastic Jade Construct (80) [Group Event]
- Collapse the destroyer fissure (80)
- Donate gold to fund Skrilla's treasure hunt (80) [Group Event]
- Defeat the rampaging pirate captain (80)
- Resource nodes
- Mithril Ore/Rich Mithril Vein
- Orichalcum Ore
- Palm Sapling
- Ancient Sapling
- Petrified Stump
- Jungle Plants
- Blooming Passiflora
- Bulk ingredients
- Coconuts in Bulk from Vice Chief Hernandez at Osprey Pillars
- Black Beans in Bulk from Vice Chief Hernandez at Osprey Pillars
- Rice in Bulk from Vice Chief Hernandez at Osprey Pillars
- Recipe: Island Pudding from Vice Chief Hernandez at Osprey Pillars
- Recipe: Sweet Curried Mussels from Vice Chief Hernandez at Osprey Pillars
- This area was first revealed in a sneak peek for Rising Flames, Episode 2 of Living World Season 3.
- This is the only zone that does not have a meta event of any kind.
- Although they are both located in the Fire Island region, Draconis Mons and Ember Bay have different character select backgrounds.
- Experience earned will go towards Heart of Maguuma masteries.
- Completing renown hearts will grant characters the Perseverance effect, stacking up to 5 times.
- This area is the first featuring repeatable renown hearts.
- The map completion reward is a one time reward that is obtained when each of the 5 renown hearts has been completed at least once.
- In the "Behind the Scenes in Ember Bay" video, Josh Foreman mentioned that he was responsible for creating "this same level" 12 years ago in the original Guild Wars.