5 4 23 7
Ember Bay is a zone in the Ring of Fire Islands. Primordus has made his way to the region, bringing with him a new swarm of Destroyers enhanced with both death and plant magic. In response, the asura have sent research and investigation teams via their gates at Rata Novus. Other denizens of the area include a marooned human carnival troupe, a scratch of pirate skritt, and the jade construct guardians of an ancient mursaat fortress.
The zone introduces a modified version of renown hearts, which reset daily and can be re-completed for further rewards. Ember Bay also features Thermal Tubes, which require the new Thermal Propulsion mastery and blasts users to a location a large distance away.
Like most of the Living World Season 3 zones, Ember Bay is not directly connected to neighboring areas. In order to reach it, one can use one of the following methods:
- Use an Ember Bay Portal Scroll.
- Use a Lava Lounge Pass/Lava Lounge Pass (2 weeks).
- Complete the Rising Flames instance Taimi's Game - the first story step of Episode 2 from Living World Season 3.
- Use a Teleport to Friend while having unlocked the area on the account.
- Rising Flames must have been unlocked for the 2 week Lava Lounge Pass or Teleport to Friend methods to work. Otherwise, one will unlock the waypoint but get zoned back to their original location and cannot use the waypoint.
- Unbound Magic (100)
- Petrified Wood (25)
- 1 piece of gear of Rare or higher rarity.
- One of the following:
- Unbound Magic is found throughout the map and is dropped by various enemies and events.
- Petrified Wood can be gathered from Petrified Stump nodes throughout the map and as event rewards. The 5 renown heart vendors will also sell a bundle of 3 Petrified Wood for karma once the heart is completed, available once for each character daily. These are needed to buy special items from renown heart vendors.
- Skritt Worker Contracts are used to search Skritt Stashes for items. They can be purchased for karma and 1 Petrified Wood each after completing the Help the skritt encampment renown heart.
- Circus Vouchers are used to buy Carnival weapons at a 20% reduced price (with 10 vouchers required for each discounted weapon). These can be purchased for karma by completing the Win the favor of the circus renown heart, limited to 1 voucher for each character daily.
- Escort the disillusioned skritt to their new home (80)
- Help the trapped skritt by breaking defiance on the roots holding them (80)
- Defeat the Molten Dominator (80) [Group Event]
- Defeat the dragon minions before they absorb too much ley-line magic (80)
- Defeat the coalescence to disperse the ley-line magic (17, 22, 24, 42, 45, 50, 65, 67, 80) [Group Event]
- Kill the Imbued Destroyer Champion (80) [Group Event]
- Kill the rock drake broodmother (80)
- Feed the sloth plant with full buckets of fresh water and rolling devil fertilizer (80)
- Power up Ahadd's golem by defeating amplified Destroyers and delivering their cores (80)
- Protect the energy relays to help Smoosh-a-Tron defeat Vermignus (80) [Group Event]
- Defeat jade constructs and destroy other mursaat defenses (80)
- Defeat the Pyroclastic Jade Construct (80) [Group Event]
- Collapse the destroyer fissure (80)
- Donate gold to fund Skrilla's treasure hunt (80) [Group Event]
- Defeat the rampaging pirate captain (80)
- Resource nodes
- Mithril Ore
- Orichalcum Ore
- Rich Mithril Vein
- Ancient Sapling
- Palm Sapling
- Petrified Stump
- Blooming Passiflora
- Jungle Plants
- Bulk ingredients
- Coconuts in Bulk from Vice Chief Hernandez at Osprey Pillars
- Black Beans in Bulk from Vice Chief Hernandez at Osprey Pillars
- Rice in Bulk from Vice Chief Hernandez at Osprey Pillars
- Recipe: Island Pudding from Vice Chief Hernandez at Osprey Pillars
- Recipe: Sweet Curried Mussels from Vice Chief Hernandez at Osprey Pillars
- Ember Bay was first revealed in a sneak peek for Rising Flames, Episode 2 of Living World Season 3.
- This is the only zone that does not have a meta event of any kind.
- Although they are both located in the Fire Island region, Draconis Mons and Ember Bay have different character select backgrounds.
- Experience earned will go towards Heart of Maguuma masteries.
- Completing renown hearts will grant characters the Perseverance effect, stacking up to 5 times.
- Ember Bay is the first zone featuring repeatable renown hearts.
- The map completion reward is a one time reward that is obtained when each of the 5 renown hearts has been completed at least once.
- In the "Behind the Scenes in Ember Bay" video, Josh Foreman mentioned that he was responsible for creating "this same level" 12 years ago in the original Guild Wars.
- ^ Ember Bay: Behind the Scenes, GuildWars2.com
- ^ Episode 2 Drops September 20th, Takes Us Back to the Ring of Fire, MMORPG.com